HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres @ Penguins - 12/17 - 7:00 EST

Old
12-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBuffaloFan View Post
Are you going to attack me or answer the question? What more does he offer than (for example) Craig Rivet? How is it leading to more team success?

Their PK has disappeared recently and it seems like every time one goes in you see 24 right next to Miller/Enroth looking at the sky. (Happened three times tonight). Teams are attacking him because he's slow to react and is weak on the clear.

I think you guys are the ones blinded by the stat sheet. You see a bunch of BS hits and assume he's this physical shutdown guy. He's not. I mean, he's physical enough, but he's not making a difference at all.
Regehr has had some poor outings on the PK
But he's been far and away the best ES defensemen on the team (defensively)... it's not even a discussion.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
wyldthing89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBuffaloFan View Post
Come on. That's true (well, the sarcasm is accurate) when talking about a whole game and a defenseman might play 12 minutes more than a given forward. This is an apples-to-apples comparison in terms of TOI.

If it must be defensemen vs. defensemen, fine: Regehr averages a PPG against every six minutes of PK time. Second-worst D-man is Sekera who is out for one every seven minutes of PK time and while I don't have time to parse it I wonder how many of those have come since he's been paired with Regehr.

Why is it so hard for fans to admit that he just hasn't made a difference and could actually be a net negative? I don't see how they would be worse with Montador, Morrisonn, or McNabb taking these minutes and we ran those first two vets off as soon as the Regehr-to-Buffalo rumors started.
First i have nothing against Regehr's play but to answer your question, just check when peoples talk about the signing of Leino was better than keeping Connolly, so far it's a major downgrade. And no i don't talk about getting Connolly on the team but your are in denial mood thinking that.

When you give a kid a lot of pocket money when he never get some, he will spend it on anything he can and that's what happens with Leino, he is one of the worst off season signing in 2011. Money doesn't = success , you need to spend it wisely. We are stucks with Morrissonn 2-3 millions in Rochester, i don't know if we still have to pay Kotalik since he left for Europe and 5 1/2 years left on Leino's contract. I hope they will think about a new GM before spending big money again because so far, it's not working well.

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Glad I missed this one. Wow.