HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Steve Eminger out with separated shouler (2/3: Cleared to play)

Old
12-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
3 pretty important defenseman too...Your #1 defenseman, your #4 defenseman, and your #6 defenseman. ouch.
Tim Erixon... let's see what you've got..

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:12 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I know I will get slammed for this one but...

how about

Wade Redden ?

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:33 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
This is Erixon's chance to take the ball and run with it. Run with it, Timmy. Timmaaay!
Right around the same time last yearbwhen McDonagh got the call up and ran with it.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:31 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I'd see what Columbus wants for Tyutin. Their year is over anyway.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:47 AM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Right around the same time last yearbwhen McDonagh got the call up and ran with it.
McD played 38 games in the AHL before getting the call. Erixon has only played 14.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:54 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Its not easy to make trades for defenseman. You don't think Sather and Gorton have been talking to teams about making a deal.

The Rangers aren't taking on Fedor Tyutin's ridiculous contract which kicks in for next season at 6 years worth $27M. $4.5M cap.

Rentals aren't usually moved until we get closer to the deadline which is two months away.

Woywitka is also a little banged up

Quote:
The downside is the Rangers may need two defensemen as Jeff Woywitka was limping around the dressing room with his left ankle taped.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ates_shoulder/

The guy who wanted Bell over Erixon last week might see his boy Bell with Erixon

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:01 AM
beastly115

You know we're in a desperate situation when we're worried about losing Eminger to injury. Half our regular d-men are injured. We've got a 7th d-man playing top 4 mins. I'm worried.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:11 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

The Rangers aren't taking on Fedor Tyutin's ridiculous contract which kicks in for next season at 6 years worth $27M. $4.5M cap.
His cap hit isn't ridiculous for a 28 year old top 4 defenseman averaging 24+ minutes a game. It's the going rate. Send EC, WW, and a decent pick the other way.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Yea because another team is going to give us their top defenseman for our fringe players...

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:24 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea because another team is going to give us their top defenseman for our fringe players...
Really? WW, EC, and a 1st and you don't think Columbus thinks about it? Disagree. WW probably isn't considered "fringe", either.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:29 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

We aren't tading our first round pick for Tyutin.

You trade your first round pick for Ryan, not for Tyutin.

We are discussing trading Wolski to his fourth team in four years. He's fringe. Until he proves he isn't a career journeyman.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:47 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, DEFINITELY not going up a 1st round pick for a defenseman who becomes almost useless when our guys come back.

Staal-Girardi
Mcdonagh-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

not wasting a first round pick on anybody.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:02 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah, DEFINITELY not going up a 1st round pick for a defenseman who becomes almost useless when our guys come back.

Staal-Girardi
Mcdonagh-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

not wasting a first round pick on anybody.
You wouldn't trade a first round pick for a 24 year old who has scored 30+ goals in every full season he's played in the NHL? Who is signed to a very good contract at 5.1 per? He'd get 7+ on the open market easily.

Especially considering it could be a late first.

Old
12-18-2011, 08:08 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
You wouldn't trade a first round pick for a 24 year old who has scored 30+ goals in every full season he's played in the NHL? Who is signed to a very good contract at 5.1 per? He'd get 7+ on the open market easily.

Especially considering it could be a late first.
I mean anybody on defense.

I'd easily move a first for Ryan.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:27 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I know people here were asking about Gleason but I'd be curious what Carolina would want for Spacek, San Jose for Vandermeer, Ottawa for either Gonchar or Lee, LA for Scuderi or Mitchell.

I know Gonchar's contract= and I'm ready for the heat but if they can send Wolski, Zuc, and a mid level pick the other way, I'm sure OTT would be thrilled to get rid of the cap hit and the Rangers can Amnesty buy him out this summer.

Thoughts?

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:30 AM
eco's bones

I don't think a trade is all that feasible at this point. If these d-men were done so for the season--maybe but by February they might all be back. We've got a ton of one way contracts and at the moment we're filling spots with two way contracts--and some of these two way guys--Hagelin, Mitchell might be staying around.

Forwards--Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Stepan, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Fedotenko, Boyle, Prust, Hagelin, Mitchell, Christensen, Avery, Rupp.

Wolski close to coming back. That's 15--someone is going to go--maybe two--I'd bet it's between Avery and EC or both. The only other possibilityfor demotion is Mitchell and he hasn't been out of the lineup since he's been up--so indicators for that is a no. Trade could ease the problem but create a glut eventually somewhere else.

Defense--Girardi, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stralman, Woywitka (?)

Staal, Sauer and Eminger hurt--but all of them could be back by February and if that's the case you'll have 8 and 9 if you trade for someone--meaning if they're all healthy a couple of them will have to go.

Unless it's some real upgrade for the long term I think it would be best to give Erixon another go. Bell has over 100 NHL games as well and is a better skater, smoother player than Woywitka. Bickel also got a real long look in training camp. And there's Valentenko and Parlett. I don't think it will hurt us to see if one or even more of these guys can step up.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Its not easy to make trades for defenseman. You don't think Sather and Gorton have been talking to teams about making a deal.

Rentals aren't usually moved until we get closer to the deadline which is two months away.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ates_shoulder/

The guy who wanted Bell over Erixon last week might see his boy Bell with Erixon
Woywitka is also a little banged up

you would think they bring in both as a precaution.............I expect a F on waivers soon, not sure how the cap works , Erixon went down so Rupp could be added but now what?

EC for a depth Dman would be welcomed but I doubt EC is worth a thing

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Woywitka and Eminger are our depth. We will simply have to go with youth for the time being until we get some guys back. Erixon did not show anything during his time here to suggest he was not capable of handling 3rd pairing minutes.

12-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I know people here were asking about Gleason but I'd be curious what Carolina would want for Spacek, San Jose for Vandermeer, Ottawa for either Gonchar or Lee, LA for Scuderi or Mitchell.

I know Gonchar's contract= and I'm ready for the heat but if they can send Wolski, Zuc, and a mid level pick the other way, I'm sure OTT would be thrilled to get rid of the cap hit and the Rangers can Amnesty buy him out this summer.

Thoughts?
I don't think Gonchar is a good fit for us, but I would love to add Mitchell or Scuderi. LA is looking to shake things up, I'd be willing to send them Wolski and a pick for Scuderi or Wolski and Zuc for Scuderi. On a side note my friend's sister is married to Scuderi, he was pretty close to coming to NY when he was a free agent.

Either way we need someone who can eat up some top 4 minutes with Sauer, Staal, and Eminger out. Scuderi is the best fit, but I wouldn't mind either Scuderi or Mitchell at all. I think it's safe to say we are in the same situation as last year when Callahan and Christensen were out then Frolov was injured and Sather pulled the trigger on a deal. Lets hope we do something and soon

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
His cap hit isn't ridiculous for a 28 year old top 4 defenseman averaging 24+ minutes a game. It's the going rate. Send EC, WW, and a decent pick the other way.
The Rangers don't need Tyutin for 6 more years at $4.5M per. Tyutin is not worth that kind of money.

The cap is going down in the next CBA and the Rangers need to have enough space to re-sign their own players.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:55 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
We aren't tading our first round pick for Tyutin.

You trade your first round pick for Ryan, not for Tyutin.

We are discussing trading Wolski to his fourth team in four years. He's fringe. Until he proves he isn't a career journeyman.
You don't trade for Ryan either. I don't care how many goals he has scored. He looks like **** this year. Why does he look do bad? The coaching change was supposed to help Ryan but looks just as bad under Mr. Ben and Jerry's than he did under Carlyle. Ryan is back on the 3rd line. Playing with Cogliano and Hagman. Carlyle put Ryan on the 3rd line because of his struggles and Boudreau has Ryan on the 3rd line. Ryan is a goal scorer. If he is not scoring goals,he is a total zero.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:59 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Scuderi would be amazing here but what would LA want for it? You know they're going to be asking for the usuals; Kreider, McLIrath, etc.

I know I've got bashed here for the Wolski for Penner straight up deal but maybe they could work out Scuderi/Penner for Wolski/EC/Zuc/2nd or 3rd and some mid level prospects. I don't know LOL.

Also what someone else noted is that Derek Morris has been a healthy scratch a lot lately. Before people start throwing stuff at me I for years referred to him as the most overrated player in the NHL but in this situation, he's a warm body who can play adequate 3rd pair minutes and can hopefully be bought out if there's an Amnesty period during the summer.

It's either that, go with Erixon and then some combo of Bell/V-Tank/Parlett/Bickel if need be, keep searching the waiver wire for warm bodies, or sign Mara/McCabe.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:01 AM
petejudge

luckily a separated shoulder isn't too bad of an injury. if it was fully dislocated it would be one thing but a lot of times a separated shoulder you'll see guys pop back in and play the next game. when i had the same injury in high school i was out 3 weeks, only a week and a half in a sling, so i'd expect eminger back in 2-3 weeks

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Vitto79

I think McCabe would come back to the Rangers given his family is in NY. Thing is he would just be a stop gap so why comeback for that

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Dorado*

I'd love Hal Gill on this team . Not sure if he could be acquired however . He'd be a perfect guy on our bottom pairing .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote