HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#32: Kings @ RedWings, 12/17/11 - Post Game LOSS thought ... BLARF !

Old
12-18-2011, 10:18 AM
ru4reals

vCash: 500
Hopefully Sutter comes in and takes the "C" from 23 and slap it on 10 (whenever he comes back), the time is now!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Seriously? Where to start...

Mitchell, Scuderi, Gagne... Pretty good signings.

For re-signings how about Kopitar, Brown, and Johnson?

Lombardi is not the problem.
Thanks for providing those that support only your side. I was trying to wait for a complete list cause I can play this game too.

Recently: Moreau, Hunter
Past: Penner, Cloutier, Poni, Halpern, Jones

re-signing Kopi, Brown and Johnson were easy imo. Kopi got paid, Brown (at the time) took a discount and Johnson signed his own deal.

You can add williams to the positive side, as he may be garbage this year but he had a few good years.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:40 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Hopefully Sutter comes in and takes the "C" from 23 and slap it on 10 (whenever he comes back), the time is now!
I think Sutter has (or the reports indicated he's been looking at what the players have done this year, hopefully watching the game films) to really start off fresh. His first game is game 1. Could be he'l lwait for a trade to see if that works , but I think that it also means changing letters and Sutter is very high on Richjards, would't be surprised if that doesn't happen.
I like Scuderi and Mitchell too, who I think have game in and ga,me ouit, shown on and off ice leadership, and a lettered veteran or two wouldn't hurt.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Haik

I think they should finish off the year without anyone wearing the 'C'. We'll see if anyone steps up and earns it this time.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Nex06

So the players are going to say "Oh, Richards is the captain now, not Brown. NOW I know what to do and I really have to play hard all the time. Also sky is blue, it was gray before." Let's not be naive. If not for actually achieving something, then what would this change bring? Punishment for Brown? Richards will score twice as many goals? I am sure Sutter can deliver his message in so many different ways, at least this season.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:00 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
f you really want laughs, consider that Philly traded both Richards and Carter and are sitting atop the eastern conference standing now while LA and Columbus are 11th and 15th in the west.

Who's really laughing?
Who's really laughing? The Boston Bruins. Who in 2010 when they choked giving uip a 3-0 lead in the playoffs didn't panic and gut their team. Last year they won the Cup that this year are the best team in the East.
Having seen eveyr Flyers game, this team is good offensivly but not defensviley. They're giving up 3 goals per game and have been weak againt top competitoin ,esp their 10 million goalie who has yet to put together a series of strong 60 min games. \
THis is why the Bruins have all of what it takes, offense, defense and goaltending:

Flyers 110 goals for, 91 goals against
Bruins 108 goals for , 61 goals against

Even with a healthy pronger, the flyers were not strong enough to go deep this year, too much youth not enough expericence . They have no shutdown center, something that got both the Bruins and Canucks to the finals. Giving up Richards (ranked 1st in the Eastern conference since 2007 by stats kept at Hockey Prospectus and The Copper and Blue, as a shutdwn center; 4th overall every year behind Datsuyuk, Kessler and Zetterberg) will hurt them until they either trade for similiar or wait for Sean Couturier to develop . Without Bergeron, the Bruins don't get to the Finals and where woild he Canucks have been without Kessler or Mahotra.
Coutuier is the best shutdown guy they have for now and a very good one, exceptional for 19 year old, but that's too much pressure for a rookie, going against the best in the league. Give him 2 uyears and 25 pounds on his 6 '4 frame and he'l be killer.

The Cup is won in June, not Dec , Jan or Feb. The Flyers can will probably end uip 3rd in their division and 6th or 7th in the conf. and out in the first round . Bryz has shown so far he is not the guy they thought he was and doesn't play well under pressure. He doesn't give you the sense of security nursing a 1 or 2 goal lead that Thomas or Lunquist give you. He's not consistent. He's never been anywhere close to what Phila is during the playoffs, it's a pressure cooker.
Bobrovsky is very good goalie, and the Flyers could have gotten a vet in for a year or two until Bob developed more. They chose not to...and Bryz has yet to show why he's worth 10 mill this year.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Nex06

Agreed, Philly is not as strong as some believe they are. No cup for them, they can just forget about it.

Old
12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer View Post
Come on Craig. Blow the whistle.
AGAIN!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:45 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
I think they should finish off the year without anyone wearing the 'C'. We'll see if anyone steps up and earns it this time.
Never thought of that idea but I really like it. Let's not forget Dustin Brown was basically named the captain by default. The Kings stunk for years and when they looked around the locker room he was the only choice. It's not like Gretzky and Messier were sitting there or Lidstrom and Yzerman. This team has leadership issues, they fired the coach who was perceived to be the issue and IT GOT WORSE! No letters for the rest of the year.

The Tikkanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Harold Snepsts

I don't know that stripping Brown of the C is the right move, but just curious, why not Kopitar for captain?

I havent seen as many games this season as last, but he seems to be the hardest working player night in and night out. Plus doesn't dive and may have more respect with the refs.

And I agree this team has leadership issues. Wasn't Doughty's best season when he was mostly paired with O'Donnell? Doughty is extremely talented but not very poised at times.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:17 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I'm trying to remember if last year, when we were in a couple different horrible losing streaks, there was as much clamoring on here to strip Brown of the C.

FootKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
OK Computer

If Sutter comes in and he strips Brown of the C, can you imagine the divide in that locker room? Not even really a divide, more like Coach vs Everyone Else... although I do not think Brown deserves the C at this point, it'd be dumb to take it away.

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
If you really want laughs, consider that Philly traded both Richards and Carter and are sitting atop the eastern conference standing now while LA and Columbus are 11th and 15th in the west.

Who's really laughing?
And what...if you think we had Simmonds and a hurt Brayden Schenn we'd be doing any better?

Seriously you're like a cartoon man....

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:25 PM
jml87

I don't think we need to strip Brown of the C. It's just a letter. It's not gonna make the team play different or the player be a better leader. Richards and Brown will still be leaders no matter what. The only people that see the team different are the fans or media and that really not gonna change what happens on the ice.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
The Richards trade would only make sense if he was the FINAL piece to the puzzle.

The puzzle, however, is clearly missing at least 5-6 other pieces. Richards is wasted on this team and the trade should NOT have been made.
Wow! agree with this 100%.

This team is several PERFECT roster moves away from being a competitive team day-in and day-out.

I honestly feel sorry for Richards. Well, I disagree that the trade shouldn't have been made - he still makes this team better. He's a huge step in the right direction, but soooo much has to happen for this team to move to the next level.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Nex06

Quote:
If you really want laughs, consider that Philly traded both Richards and Carter and are sitting atop the eastern conference standing now while LA and Columbus are 11th and 15th in the west.

Who's really laughing?
We are still all laughing at you, nothing has changed. Except your own opinions.

Back in the days you were hoping that Schenn could have maybe had Richards' ceiling. So in the best case scenario you were hoping for Schenn --> Richards transformation after 3-4 seasons. So there you get the deal done, Schenn is traded for what you see his biggest possible potential and a player that this team really needs and at the same moment you change the whole story. Why? Because it would mean that you can't criticize Lombardi for it. That's the only reason.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
We are still all laughing at you, nothing has changed. Except your own opinions.

Back in the days you were hoping that Schenn could have maybe had Richards' ceiling. So in the best case scenario you were hoping for Schenn --> Richards transformation after 3-4 seasons. So there you get the deal done, Schenn is traded for what you see his biggest possible potential and a player that this team really needs and at the same moment you change the whole story. Why? Because it would mean that you can't criticize Lombardi for it. That's the only reason.
What about Simmonds and the 2012 2nd round draft choice?

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Please beat Toronto tomorrow!!

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
What about Simmonds and the 2012 2nd round draft choice?
What about them? Do you really think Simmonds is an integral part of the club?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Remember when Clifford used to eff people up and have that sick smile?
Haven't seen it yet this season...

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
I dunno, I liked brown's quotes. He was obviously angry and swearing (even if he only said ass) and I think that's probably the message he should be sending right now: "get your **** together kings."

That said (judging from the stats - I didn't get to watch tonight, but I believe he was -3), it's not like brown played amazing. Leading by example would be good. I still love brownie though, and I don't really agree with people saying that he shouldnt have the C.

In any case, hope Sutter wakes these guys up.
1) Brown isn't the same player he was last year.
2) Brown really just isn't captain material.

We are now down the rabbit hole. TM is long gone, the lack of passion and grit no longer rests on the absent stare on his face. While I feel that a coach is 1/2 responsible to get their team to play what lies in their mantra, the captain also takes this burden upon his shoulders. And it's quite clear Brown is unable to deliver that message to his team both on and off the ice.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Even though Richards said he doesn't want it. That he likes not having the responsibility. I know that he may have said that to make the peace, but what do any of us know about being an NHL captain. The coaches of the Kings, the press, coaches of opposing teams, Olympic coaches, players on the Kings and players on other teams have all said Brown is a great captain. i too think Richards could be better but what do I know?

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Kingurentai

I don't like this MR for captain talk. Of course he's qualified. But I want MR to just do what he does and play hockey damn well. Let Brown or Mitchell have it.

Also don't think Kopi's cut out for it personality-wise.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:35 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post

I was saying back in October that Richards talent will be wasted on this team since they just AREN'T THAT GOOD. Nothing in the first 32 games of the year has changed my opinion. Unless Richards was acquired to be the FINAL piece to the puzzle, then it just doesn't make sense to trade two young talented players for him.

It is clear now that the Kings are several players short of being legitimate contenders. Richards will not take this team to the next level so what was the point in acquiring him?

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM
redcard

Leadership changes make no sense. If there's someone in the locker room with the capacity to inspire the team that is not already speaking up, they don't deserve a letter.

Sewing a letter onto someone's jersey isn't going to magically grant them new abilities, it will only cause a distraction.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote