HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

I'm dreaming of an objective broadcast team

Old
12-17-2011, 08:51 PM
puckish66

vCash: 500
I'm dreaming of an objective broadcast team

Rob later said Miller "probably" should he stopped that shot from the blue line. It was actually an upgrade from his initial analysis that the shot was just so hard Miller didn't have a chance to see it.

Rick's pimping Regehr's Carruba Collision hit which certainly looked like a matter of the Buffalo player being on the receiving end.

After the game, Kevin said Fleury's 200th win was in jeopardy a few times. When was that, Kevin? The first half of the first period, before the Pens went up 3-0?

A truly objective broadcast will never happen, because the Sabres must honestly believe their fans are stupid, not to mention that their players are so feeble emotionally they couldn't handle the truth (see Terry's pleas for the media to "get behind" the team and not criticize slumping players).

Putting some non-shills on the air would be a nice start. Mike Harrington on the postgame show would be such a breath of fresh air.

There are lots of sacred cows to slaughter right now, and I'm ready to put Grandpa and Grandpa, Robby, Roby, Danny and Kevy on the list. That, or take the handcuffs off and let them be honest.

I have to say that Brian Duff is a small step in that direction so far.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Afino
The Juice

They're Sabres employees. What do you expect?

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
BuffaloSabskis

I know when the team is not playing the way I want them too. Yes it can be annoying to hear people give them excuses, but I find it just as annoying to listen to people complain about flaws I already know about. I like it somewhere in the middle like CBC.

BuffaloSabskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:57 PM
wyldthing89

When you even want the commentators troup fire, that means the team is doing really bad

You probably never listen to the french commentators group of Montreal, you would consider RJ and company neutral in their comments after that

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:58 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
They're Sabres employees. What do you expect?
I realize that. I don't expect anything other than what we're getting. I'm just venting.

Old
Armond White
Go Sabres!

"As you can see here, Miller's gotta..."

NO I CANT, ROB, I'M LISTENING TO THE RADIO

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
indigoo

A consequence of lowest common denominator. Sylvester & Co, the "A" team as Ray calls it, is doing what every other broadcast team for an organization does. Homer owner, homer broadcast team.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:59 PM
rabi

After Pegula called out the Buffalo media during their first meeting for being too negative, what do you expect?

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:23 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Really want to see a homer broadcast?

TRY putting up with a Bruins game on NESN if you have the Center Ice package. Just TRY. Resist the urge to while you're at it.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:46 PM
gallagt01

I know you like to play devil's advocate, but after a loss like that, THIS is what you're complaining about?

Come on. They're Sabre's employees. Get over it.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Ted Black

This is taking it way too far.

I LOVE our broadcast team. I know we're all pissed off right now, but get your frustrations aimed at the appropriate people.

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Squantosawuss

WHOOOOOAAAAA!

Hold on thar!

First of all, Roby IS NOT a homer. If there's anybody who really gives an accurate assessment of what is/has been going on, it's Roby. He doesn't pull a lot of punches.

Rob Ray can be a little homer-ish at times, but he's also pretty fair in handing out compliments and criticisms of both teams in a game.

Danny Gare? I think he's boring as hell and I hope they stop putting him on.

Kevin is ridiculous in his rose-clored glasses, one-sided version of everything. I caught that "200th win in jeopardy a few times" comment and laughed out loud! He is THE biggest homer going, so much so, that you could just turn the game on during intermission reports and keep the volume down and STILL know how the team is doing just by the expression on his face!

Now RJ is a different story. The guy's been doing games for decades. He's gotta be a homer just so he can get up enough enthusiasm to show up to do the next game! It is funny though: By RJ's descriptions, the Sabres are much better fighters on the radio than on the TV broadcast.

Last edited by Squantosawuss: 12-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post

Kevin is ridiculous in his rose-clored glasses, one-sided version of everything. I caught that "200th win in jeopardy a few times" comment and laughed out loud! He is THE biggest homer going, so much so, that you could just turn the game on during intermission reports and keep the volume down and STILL know how the team is doing just by the expression on his face!
"Take that, Tootoo!"

Kevin. Go away.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:09 AM
aceface33

Yeah the only thing I hate more than our homer announcing team is the douchebaggy "we want nine!" chant. Oh no wait I thought of something I hate more- people who troll the boards by ripping on the fans and the announcers when the team plays bad.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:50 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

All the problems with this team, and we're worried about the broadcasters not always being 100% objective?

Wow.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:54 AM
puckish66

Don't even get me started on today's News.

-The account of last night's game (which was fine, for once a pretty harsh assessment by Vogl; I mean, literally, the account of last night's game, on its face, was disgusting)

-A letter to the editor where the writer's Christmas gift for Lindy is more home wins

-Some senile hockey ramblings by Larry Felser

-A full page ad for Sabres' tickets, where Ryan Miller's five-hole is big enough to drive a snow plow through

-A story about yet another franchise doing the right thing and changing coaches, and the new coach is our former bright young coach in the minors

-And Bucky's apologist piece on Ted Black, which very badly mistates what Ted has consistently said about sitting in the 300 level in the arena. What I found really odd though is Bucky's characterizations of "irate" talk show callers and "venomous" Sabres bloggers, as compared to the super-supportive real fans in the 300s. I laughed out loud at that one. Funny coming from a guy whose venom turned a fan base against Tim Connolly and a guy who always denies reading the blogs or listening to talk radio because he doesn't want his opinions to be tainted.

It's like I have the stomach flu and every mention of Sabres hockey is corned beef hash right now.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:54 AM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
All the problems with this team, and we're worried about the broadcasters not always being 100% objective?

Wow.
I can worry about two things at once. I multi-task good.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Yeah the only thing I hate more than our homer announcing team is the douchebaggy "we want nine!" chant. .
I couldn't help but mock that last night

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote