HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Steve Eminger out with separated shouler (2/3: Cleared to play)

Old
12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think McCabe would come back to the Rangers given his family is in NY. Thing is he would just be a stop gap so why comeback for that
No way.

Rather bring up Erixon and another kid. McCabe was absolute trash last season.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:31 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
No way.

Rather bring up Erixon and another kid. McCabe was absolute trash last season.
Trash? How was he trash? He didnt hurt the team. I guess he was trash because he didnt meet your expectations of uplifting an abysmal PP that still had no playmaker on it.

I'd take Erixon and McCabe.

No way in hell to Hal Gill.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:32 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Not much that can be done before monday's trade freeze. Erixon will come up and get his shot at it. Emminger loss hurts because of how well he was playing, but I can't say I'm not excited to see what Erixon can do. He might have only had 14 games to McD's 38 before he was called up but he's also got 9 or so games of NHL experience already.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Why would they make a trade for a bum asset? They've already done that once this season with Stralman and we have defensive depth. Torts does not like teaching the system to new players. No trade will happen and no trade is needed. Call up Erixon.

Girardi
McDonagh
MDZ
Woywitka
Stralman
Erixon

That's 6 defensemen. If someone ELSE goes down, then we should think about acquiring someone. A lot of d men down this year, and surprisingly it hasn't affected us all that much defensively.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:49 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
This is Erixon's chance to take the ball and run with it. Run with it, Timmy. Timmaaay!
What about VTank or Bell. They are great with the Whale.It maybe hurt Erixons development to log mior minutes night in and night out?
Or is he ready for big minutes?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
What about VTank or Bell. They are great with the Whale.It maybe hurt Erixons development to log mior minutes night in and night out?
Or is he ready for big minutes?
at the beginning of the yr many fans expected Vtank to compete for a job.....maybe he gets his chance now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:00 AM
MorrisWanchuk

one of the beat writers suggested Woy was hobbling after the game. he only logged 6 mins . we might need 2 call ups

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:04 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Very interesting that Erixon's call up has not been announced yet on The AHL official site which could lead to a few things;

1. They're trying to save as much cap room as possible and they called him and won't announce it until tomorrow.

2. Sather/Gorton/etc. are making calls and trying to get something done before the roster freeze. Nothing is definite but they'll see what's out there.

I'm all for giving VTank a shot as well. He had a groin injury in preseason which is why he looked bad.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:09 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Trash? How was he trash? He didnt hurt the team. I guess he was trash because he didnt meet your expectations of uplifting an abysmal PP that still had no playmaker on it.

The guy couldnt move. If you don't remember, just ask Semin.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Very interesting that Erixon's call up has not been announced yet on The AHL official site which could lead to a few things;

1. They're trying to save as much cap room as possible and they called him and won't announce it until tomorrow.

2. Sather/Gorton/etc. are making calls and trying to get something done before the roster freeze. Nothing is definite but they'll see what's out there.

I'm all for giving VTank a shot as well. He had a groin injury in preseason which is why he looked bad.
Erixon was already called up before the road trip. He is currently with the team.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
The Mouth

McCabe who started off fairly well, went in the toilet fast. That ship has sunk I mean sailed. Maybe he can play in the alumni game. .

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Erixon was already called up before the road trip. He is currently with the team.
he was called up then sent back and played with CT last night.........allowed the Rangers to activate Rupp ...................now he needs to be recalled at 1.7 million, so with that a roster spot needs to be opened

also are they not practicing Monday so with that he can get officially called up then

when is the roster freeze?

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/?article_id=692

Last edited by Vitto79: 12-18-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Zanon, Zidlicky, Gleason, Allen, Franson -- all seem like good options IF the Rangers do make a trade, but what to give up?

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Zanon, Zidlicky, Gleason, Allen, Franson -- all seem like good options IF the Rangers do make a trade, but what to give up?
Zidlicky another soft dman the Rangers dont need

much rather have Gleason but im sure some desperate team would offer a first for him at the deadline..Allen is alright for size but Gleason is the better player...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:

i wouldn't read into him not being called up yet. thats just paperwork...i'm sure he's already been told to get to ny

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Gleason then Zidlicky would be my options.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:

McCabe is slower than crap and brings nothing to the table at this point. No way.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

We shouldn't acwuire any good defensemen at this point. They would simply cost too much. Everyone realizes that we shouldn't be giving up real value, but WW, EC and MZA will not get us a quality player back.

Look for a trade like EC for another Woywitka with a team that needs crappy forwards more than it needs crappy defensemen.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:28 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

When did I say anything about his offensive game?

If you actually watched him last year, he was beyond awful defensively. Slow as hell. There is a reason why no one has given him a contract this season. He sucks, plain and simple.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
ColonialsHockey10

If there's a defensive prospect out there who can be thrown in the fire and handle 3rd pairing minutes, it's Tim Erixon.

Not that worried. I also think a player like Bell or VTank would do better then Woywitka as well.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:44 PM
lJuicel

Quote:

lJuicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:51 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
I was really critical of Eminger last season, but I'll admit he has been very solid this season. I think this injury is going to hurt the team more than we think (unless Erixon can handle 2nd pairing minutes).

I would not be opposed to trading for a 2nd pairing Dman at this point, it really is a necessity.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

But he did. His defense was atrocious, he was disgustingly slow, and he added no scoring to the team.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Fataldogg

This is bad. Eminger has been playing good hockey for us for a while now.

Eminger, Sauer and Staal now... Unbelievable. Our injuries on the back end are really stacking up. Hopefully MDZ can continue his stellar play.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

I would rather see Valentenko and Erixon than Bell,, but we'll see.

This could be Vtank's big break.