HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 30 @ Phoenix Coyotes

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Marian Gaborik 111 93.28%
Derek Stepan 3 2.52%
Anton Stralman 9 7.56%
Marty Biron 28 23.53%
Mike Rupp 7 5.88%
Brandon Dubinsky 7 5.88%
Ryan Callahan 8 6.72%
Ryan McDonagh 7 5.88%
Brad Richards 68 57.14%
Brandon Prust 2 1.68%
Dan Girardi 6 5.04%
Brian Boyle 1 0.84%
Carl Hagelin 24 20.17%
Michael Del Zotto 72 60.50%
Other 4 3.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
You know, Dubinsky makes that goal happen with his work in the offensive zone, but how about Biron with the heads up play to come out of the net with a Coyote bearing down on him and make a two-line pass to Dubi at the opposite blue line?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:47 PM
lJuicel

Voted Gabby, Del Zotto & Dubi.
In the hopes that Dubi reads this post and elevates his ****ing game.

lJuicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
broadwayblue

Oh my goodness. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:09 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
I bet HBO wont show this game, lol
HBO was all over the place.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
A bit late, but it includes both broadcast feeds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MIpI...el_video_title

Feels good, hombres.
Interesting that in the Rangers feed, the puck is further across the goal line than the Coyotes feed. Tyson Nash, the Coyotes color man, was between the benches and he told Biron it was a good goal before the referees called it. Biron was already yelling to the team "Good Goal" and celebrating when it became official. Lots of fun sitting right behind the bench. Don't normally do that.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Interesting that in the Rangers feed, the puck is further across the goal line than the Coyotes feed. Tyson Nash, the Coyotes color man, was between the benches and he told Biron it was a good goal before the referees called it. Biron was already yelling to the team "Good Goal" and celebrating when it became official. Lots of fun sitting right behind the bench. Don't normally do that.
I noticed that too. Seemed like the Coyotes' feed couldn't get the replay stopped on the same frame that MSG was stopping it on where the puck was clearly a good couple of inches over.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
ohbaby

Found a way to stop the losing streak. Best thing about this win,.... Our top players came through. Richey and Gabby with all the scoring.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
wr50l

Fedotenko D
Stepan B-
Gaborik A
Dubinsky C+
Richards C+
Callahan C
Hagelin B-
Boyle D
Mitchell F
Rupp C+
Christensen F
Prust C+

Girardi B
McDonagh C
Del Zotto A-
Eminger C
Stralman C-
Woywitka C-

Biron C

wr50l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Two thoughts:

1. This is retribution for the goal against the caps last playoffs that was clearly in with time on the clock, but they called it no-goal saying that the "official game clock" was different than the clock on the scoreboard and that the 2nd period had ended. I was so angry, especially since in the same series, they had allowed ovechkin to push Lundqvists pad over the goal-line to score a game tying goal at the end of game 1. You know what, I'm still not over it, and I really want us to play the capitals this year in the playoffs and beat them.

2. Not enough credit is being given to Biron. Not only did he play another stellar game (which is never easy for a backup who rarely knows when he's going to play and always has to be ready to go and stay focused), but he comes way out of the net and passes the puck over two lines right to Dubinsky to start the entire posession that led to the game winner. If Biron doesn't do that, it's clear the coyotes player was going to get to that puck first and not only do we not win it in regulation, but maybe we give up the third end-of-the-period goal of the game and the coyotes actually steal it in regulation. All the credit in the world to Dubinsky for absolutely beast-mode holding onto and protecting the puck to keep that possession alive, McDonagh for the heads up play, and Richards for the clutch spinning backhand, and awareness that time was literally about to expire. I'm sure Tortorella is thrilled that his team battled right until the buzzer. Thats a huge win for this team in a game that really could've gone either way. Mike Smith was very good, but Biron stepped up and was the better netminder, AND made a gutsy play in the final minute that was crucial to Richards' winning goal. Can't wait to see this on 24/7!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I noticed that too. Seemed like the Coyotes' feed couldn't get the replay stopped on the same frame that MSG was stopping it on where the puck was clearly a good couple of inches over.
If you read the thread on the main board, people that only had access to the Phoenix feed were adamant that it was inconclusive. It wasn't until someone provided a screen cap from the MSG feed that everyone realized it was clearly in.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Odds are that neither clock was the official clock...or maybe the Rangers clock was right and the Coyotes wasn't. The broadcast clocks aren't always 100% in sync with the real game clock. There was a goal the Rangers "scored" sometime recently (can't remember if it was this year or last year) where it looked like it went in according to the Rangers clock, but the green light behind the net had already gone on and the official clock had expired

Quote:
1. This is retribution for the goal against the caps last playoffs that was clearly in with time on the clock, but they called it no-goal saying that the "official game clock" was different than the clock on the scoreboard and that the 2nd period had ended
Yeah, this is the one I was thinking of

Also, I like Biron, but damn I'm always biting my nails when he's in net. He seems so small in goal and moves so awkwardly, yet he gets the job done most of the time

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Bardof425*

The Coyotes scored two goals; a SH on a lost faceoff and a PP goal. Girardi and McD were on for neither goal and held the Yotes best players to nothing. We are starting to take these two for granted while showering MDZ with daily accolades. Don't get me wrong Del Zotto is playing well but our top pair gets the much tougher assignments and are the main reason along with the goalies that we are as good defensively as we are. Kudos to McD after a rough one a few games ago.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Two thoughts:

2. Not enough credit is being given to Biron. Not only did he play another stellar game (which is never easy for a backup who rarely knows when he's going to play and always has to be ready to go and stay focused),
Not to take anything away from Biron, but with the amount of emphasis Torts places on the importance of resting the #1 goalie, I'm sure Biron has a good understanding of when he can expect to play. He still needs to be ready to play at all times, but I'd bet he's been penciled in on the schedule for certain games.

That said, to have your backup goalie go 6-1 so far with a .934 SV% and 1.82 GAA is a huge contribution.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:00 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
Not to take anything away from Biron, but with the amount of emphasis Torts places on the importance of resting the #1 goalie, I'm sure Biron has a good understanding of when he can expect to play. He still needs to be ready to play at all times, but I'd bet he's been penciled in on the schedule for certain games.

That said, to have your backup goalie go 6-1 so far with a .934 SV% and 1.82 GAA is a huge contribution.
I think it's easier said than done, and I understand you're not taking anything away from him. He may have an idea of when he's going to play and try to mentally prepare but it cannot be easy. The guy has proven to be a consumate pro.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote