HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vitaly Kolesnik called up by Avalanche (he's a goalie)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
19nazzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter
They may also just try him in a NHL game to see if he can be a backup. Lacroix may be trying to trade one of his goalie for a forward
If it's Aebischer that is going I really doubt he would go with a Budaj/Kolesnik tandem. He already tried that type of thing with Aebischer/Sauve. And we know how that turned out...

Old
12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy
Someone mentioned a 3-way trade a while back. I'm wondering if they are right. Why is Kolesnik even starting? I can understand if he was called up to save one of the Avsgoalies from being injured, but starting him? Sounds like they are trying to protect BOTH of their goalies.
That is what I am thinking as well. Edmonton has shown interest in Aebi and I bet that Florida would rather have the cheaper Budaj as well as some of the Avs cheaper young players like Liles or Svatos etc. While I love the idea of having Luongo, Colorado would have to renegotiate with him next year probably asking for the league max.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
While I love the idea of having Luongo, Colorado would have to renegotiate with him next year probably asking for the league max.
The Avs can probably handle that though, with Blake and Sakic being free agents.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
If it's Aebischer that is going I really doubt he would go with a Budaj/Kolesnik tandem. He already tried that type of thing with Aebischer/Sauve. And we know how that turned out...
I have to agree with you this would be a scary tandem... but Kolesnik may only be a temporary solution until the get a cheap veteran keeper. dont not

On the other side, I was wondering if PL wasn't trying to dump some salary to get Sykora. If Pl trades Aebischer for a guy like rita for eample, he saves about 1,4 millions...I guess he could send McCormick in the AHL(can he?), saving another 0.4 millions. Saving in the process almost 2 millions. I don't know if that create enough cap space to fit Sykora... but that could be it...

Old
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
19nazzy

Maybe.

I wonder if Palffy is still up? Avs have about 2 mil in cap room, moving Aebischer makes it $4 million. Enough to bring in Palffy.

Old
12-07-2005, 02:13 PM
19nazzy

Budaj will be the healthy scratch tonight.

Old
12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Peter10
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Peter10
Quote:
So i guess if there is a trade its including him.
If thats the case it wont be for another starter, Luongo and Aebischer would be too expensive under a cap. My bet is Budaj for another forward.

Old
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
That leads me to conclude there's no deal immenent and the Avs are just looking to get a spark from Kolesnik. Im seasons past, the Sabres would call up Noronen and later Miller from the minors to shake things up. Aebischer would be the one scratched if there was a deal going down as he'd be the one being dealt.

Old
12-07-2005, 03:20 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
That leads me to conclude there's no deal immenent and the Avs are just looking to get a spark from Kolesnik.
Makes no sense though. Budaj has played excellent this year

Old
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevPantherFan
To Florida:
Alex Tanguay
David Aebischer
John Michael-Liles

To Colorado:
Roberto Luongo
Sean Hill

You want him? Come get him.
Come get him? Not a single team in the league is going to come and get him at that price. That's just bad. He may be one of the top goalies in the league but he isn't worth that much. That's just terrible for Colorado. That gives them a top flight goalie but takes away a 1st line winger and a top 4 dman. Yup, good move to make.

Old
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Melrose'sMullet

Quote:
That leads me to conclude there's no deal immenent and the Avs are just looking to get a spark from Kolesnik. Im seasons past, the Sabres would call up Noronen and later Miller from the minors to shake things up. Aebischer would be the one scratched if there was a deal going down as he'd be the one being dealt.

God...if the Avs are emmulating moves the Sabres have made in years past they are in bigger trouble than I thought.

Old
12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
I watched the game last night. Goaltender looked great when he needed to be and that lone goal by Sturm JUST got past V on the rebound.

This is ironic because of all the rumours, but did the goaltender last night remind anyone of Luongo standing there? That guy's a friggin giant!

Old
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab79
I watched the game last night. Goaltender looked great when he needed to be and that lone goal by Sturm JUST got past V on the rebound.

This is ironic because of all the rumours, but did the goaltender last night remind anyone of Luongo standing there? That guy's a friggin giant!
He's an awesome goalie. I saw some highlights from the Avs preseason, and he stood on his head for the most part.

Maybe Colorado hopes that he can become a Nabokov type goaltender at some point in his career. Nabokov came out of nowhere, and earned at shutout in his first ever start against the high powered Avalanche.

Old
12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Coug555

Quote:

The first thing I thought it that is was Roy reincarnated. I thought they looked exactly the same.

Old
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
PecaFan

Quote:
That leads me to conclude there's no deal immenent and the Avs are just looking to get a spark from Kolesnik.
Yeah, I don't understand all the trade speculation. Colorado has a horrendous schedule coming up with 4 games in 6 days, and their current goalies aren't playing too well. Perfect time to give them some rest, reward Kolesnik, and it serves as a kick in the pants to the rest of the team.

Old
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:

I think his legs might be longer than Luongo's. Big fella.

Closed Thread