HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Roy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
  #1
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Derek Roy

What would you give up for Derek Roy? He can usually put up around 70 point and his cap hit is only 4 mil

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:17 PM
  #2
Sarcastic
Registered User
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Turris.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:21 PM
  #3
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,838
vCash: 500
future package?


Colborne + McKegg + 2nd

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:31 PM
  #4
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Yeah I think a futures package would probably be what we are looking for if we can trade stafford + for another center

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
  #5
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
And I don't think it's a bad package maybe someone like Kari instead of McKegg

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:40 PM
  #6
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Mikael Backlund
Rene Bourque
2012 1st (Flames)

for

Derek Roy
2012 2nd (Sabres or Flames)

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
  #7
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Yeah I think a futures package would probably be what we are looking for if we can trade stafford + for another center
Umm...no. The Sabres are in win-now mode. No futures. They need NHL-ready players. And Roy only gets dealt as part of a package for a better center OR if said better center has already been acquired. You don't trade away your only legitimate top-6 center when you have a surplus of skilled wingers and a huge lack of center depth. Ennis, Stafford, Boyes, Leino would all be on the block before Roy.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:42 PM
  #8
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownSabresclown View Post
Umm...no. The Sabres are in win-now mode. No futures. They need NHL-ready players. And Roy only gets dealt as part of a package for a better center OR if said better center has already been acquired. You don't trade away your only legitimate top-6 center when you have a surplus of skilled wingers and a huge lack of center depth. Ennis, Stafford, Boyes, Leino would all be on the block before Roy.
We aren't winnin anything with Derek Roy, we need the Rochester core out of buffalo they won't bring us a cup

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 04:04 PM
  #9
MidgetMyers
Registered User
 
MidgetMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
We aren't winnin anything with Derek Roy, we need the Rochester core out of buffalo they won't bring us a cup
Gotta package him with one of our wingers for a legit 1st line centre. Trading him for futures wont help us right now.

MidgetMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
  #10
omglolnub
Registered User
 
omglolnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetMyers View Post
Gotta package him with one of our wingers for a legit 1st line centre. Trading him for futures wont help us right now.
But it's rebuild time...don't be in denial!

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
  #11
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Buffalo: Derek Roy

Detroit: 1st round pick, Teemu Pulkkinen and Drew Miller

Would probably offer something similar for Stafford.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
  #12
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Hey of you can package Roy with a winger for a first line center than by all means I'll go for that but first line centers don't get traded very often and when they do everyone's gonna be giving their best offer for them so the way I see it is we're gonna have to draft a first line center

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
  #13
Ed Wood
Registered User
 
Ed Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Turris and Filatov.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
  #14
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
Turris and Filatov.
You're so original.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
  #15
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
Turris and Filatov.
Probably would have been better off with an offer of Rundblad, a second and third

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
  #16
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,094
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Buffalo: Derek Roy

Detroit: 1st round pick, Teemu Pulkkinen and Drew Miller

Would probably offer something similar for Stafford.
I don't think that comes close. Centers have such ridiculous positional market value right now (see Turris deal) that a player with Roy's career production and cap-friendly deal would have huge value to a team in win-now mode. Many Sabres fans, especially those on these boards, are willing to trade him for 65 cents on the dollar just to have him off the team. Our management likely does not have the same feeling, so they'd want full value for him.

Honestly, even assuming Buffalo put Roy on the block, I think Detroit's offer would have to look something like Filppula + Sheahan + pick to get Regier to even think about it. Flip has been better this season, but over the course of their careers Roy's been the far more productive player. Detroit likely doesn't do that deal, though.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:44 PM
  #17
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I don't think that comes close. Centers have such ridiculous positional market value right now (see Turris deal) that a player with Roy's career production and cap-friendly deal would have huge value to a team in win-now mode. Many Sabres fans, especially those on these boards, are willing to trade him for 65 cents on the dollar just to have him off the team. Our management likely does not have the same feeling, so they'd want full value for him.

Honestly, even assuming Buffalo put Roy on the block, I think Detroit's offer would have to look something like Filppula + Sheahan + pick to get Regier to even think about it. Flip has been better this season, but over the course of their careers Roy's been the far more productive player. Detroit likely doesn't do that deal, though.
That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects. I understand Sabres fans not liking that kind of move, but that is what is being reported. I don't think they are going to get the return they want, it is however likely that they will demand a center prospect in either Jarnkrok or Sheahan. I don't think Holland will deal either, I think they would sooner throw Ferraro or Aubry on top of Pulkkinen to protect the other prized assets.

*Cap dump is admittedly the wrong term, but they do want some salary flexibility.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 12-18-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: clarification
The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
  #18
Better Call Saul
Registered User
 
Better Call Saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects.
Really? I'm embarrassed for both of those outlets, then.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
  #19
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Why would Detroit give up Flip for Roy? Their is no need for that. Detroit doesn't make trades for the sake of trading.

For Roy they would probably offer something around Tatar + Kindl + picks. I can't see them offering anymore, maybe Hudler if your interested.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:50 PM
  #20
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects. I understand Sabres fans not liking that kind of move, but that is what is being reported. I don't think they are going to get the return they want, it is however likely that they will demand a center prospect in either Jarnkrok or Sheahan. I don't think Holland will deal either, I think they would sooner throw Ferraro or Aubry on top of Pulkkinen to protect the other prized assets.

*Cap dump is admittedly the wrong term, but they do want some salary flexibility.
Roy has the most cap-friendly contract on the team in terms of what he brings. He may even have the most cap-friendly contract in the league, TBH. If salary is being cleared, Stafford makes far more sense. Boyes even more-so. Bottom line is that unless they are blowing it all up (which makes absolutely no sense right now) they would be stupid to deal from an area in which they are already weak.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
  #21
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I think Detroit would prefer Stafford, their has been rumors in the past of Holland trying to obtain him.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
  #22
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownSabresclown View Post
Roy has the most cap-friendly contract on the team in terms of what he brings. He may even have the most cap-friendly contract in the league, TBH. If salary is being cleared, Stafford makes far more sense. Boyes even more-so. Bottom line is that unless they are blowing it all up (which makes absolutely no sense right now) they would be stupid to deal from an area in which they are already weak.
I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
  #23
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.
Do you mean strongest area?

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:12 AM
  #24
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
future package?


Colborne + McKegg + 2nd
Change the 2nd to a 1st and swap McKegg for a lesser prospect, and I think its closer. I don't see Buffalo doing a futures deal with Roy unless a first is coming their way.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
  #25
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.
Gotcha

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Roy's value to the Sabres is higher than most teams would be willing to go. It seems like somewhat of a moot point to me. Roy's value to the Sabres = untouchable unless he'll fetch an upgrade at center in a package deal. Roy's value to other teams = high, as a solid 1b center with a great contract, but probably not worth the overpayment that it would take to get him.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.