HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn questions

Old
12-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn questions

Hey guys,

Habs fan here who hated the trade when they did and one of Sergei's best fan back in the days.....but I don't follow him much lately, so what's going on on the stats front? He was injured but is he still playing while being injured? How about his effort level? On what line is he playing on?

Thanks.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:37 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I believe he mostly plays with Fisher and Hornqvist. He hasn't looked like the hungry player we saw catch fire about this time last season.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
NoNecksCurse

SK had been great... HAD been.. he was invisible in last years playoffs.. and for a large portion of this season has been pretty bad. he doesn't seem to have any heart.. and has been really soft. he is still playing on a top line, however.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

The entire line that he is on has been invisible lately. Fisher was muscling his way into the offensive zone to create chances, but now he isn't. Hornqvist is Hornqvist. He is really only effective if someone is able to hold the puck and get shots on net. SK has looked lazy out there. I know it isn't the minutes he is getting. I was thinking maybe he is hurt, but then it wouldn't make sense for Trotz to be giving him nearly 20 minutes per night. I don't know what it is, but there is no chemistry on that line anymore.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
preds1

He's played very well for the Preds up until March 2011. Haven't seen him since.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Iron Duke

No proof or evidence to support this belief, but I think he's still nursing an undisclosed injury.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
No proof or evidence to support this belief, but I think he's still nursing an undisclosed injury.
I have to agree with this. He's already been hurt 3 times this season and maybe he just doesn't want to lose his spot on the team so he rushed back. I mean he's always shied away from contact, but now it's painfully obvious he won't go anywhere near a tough area. I think something is still bothering him.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

I always imagined SK as being one that, while not hitting much, could deliver a big hit like his brother. Did he make big hits as a Pred?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
I always imagined SK as being one that, while not hitting much, could deliver a big hit like his brother. Did he make big hits as a Pred?
Not really

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Not really
The way Oshie (i think) went down, when sk was skating to the bench for a change, would argue. to knock a big boy like oshie down without trying indcates sk is a tank.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
The way Oshie (i think) went down, when sk was skating to the bench for a change, would argue. to knock a big boy like oshie down without trying indcates sk is a tank.
Like Andrei Kostitsyn... SK could become a premier player masher if he puts his heart to it, and healthy as well. But Weber takes care of the physical stuff much better than SK does now.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

SK has all of the physical attributes to be one hell of a power player ... except the heart.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Like Andrei Kostitsyn... SK could become a premier player masher if he puts his heart to it, and healthy as well. But Weber takes care of the physical stuff much better than SK does now.
Kostitsyn now has 2 points in his last 12 games. He is playing soft and not wanting to go to the "hard" areas!
Not sure why he continues to play on the top 2 lines, unless the Preds were joping to shop him around.
It is not helping, if that is the case, that he is not getting anything done.
He is. A UFA at the end of the season?? Is he?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:34 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Or it's the one thing Oshie learned from PK on his visit to the land with better opportunity for a deep-run in the POs.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Kostitsyn now has 2 points in his last 12 games. He is playing soft and not wanting to go to the "hard" areas!
Not sure why he continues to play on the top 2 lines, unless the Preds were joping to shop him around.
It is not helping, if that is the case, that he is not getting anything done.
He is. A UFA at the end of the season?? Is he?
That entire line has been pretty much invisible at ES for a while. This team runs three "scoring" lines ... calling any of them the "top 2" over the third just doesn't fit what Trotz is running. It means nothing flashy from our offense most of the time, but, when one line is colder than the ice (such as the Fisher line lately) there are two other lines capable of contributing. Right now the Tootoo/Spaling/Wilson line is the best ES line and has been for about a month. We have the luxury of having alternate lines capable of scoring which creates matchup hell for opposing teams. If they put their top pair and shutdown forwards against the SK/Fisher/Hornqvist line, who do they put out against the the Smith/Leggy/Erat or Toots/Spaling/Wilson line? Our leading goal scorer has just eight goals, yet, we're one goal behind Tampa and outscoring Dallas. We are the median of league scoring and it's done by committee.

SK is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. He's got all of the physical attributes to be a great forward and every now and then last season we'd see glimpses of what he is capable of when he puts forth the effort. It's not a problem of skill, it's a problem of heart ... at least from what I've observed of his play. If he picks up his play in a similar manner to last season ... I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Old
12-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
That entire line has been pretty much invisible at ES for a while. This team runs three "scoring" lines ... calling any of them the "top 2" over the third just doesn't fit what Trotz is running. It means nothing flashy from our offense most of the time, but, when one line is colder than the ice (such as the Fisher line lately) there are two other lines capable of contributing. Right now the Tootoo/Spaling/Wilson line is the best ES line and has been for about a month. We have the luxury of having alternate lines capable of scoring which creates matchup hell for opposing teams. If they put their top pair and shutdown forwards against the SK/Fisher/Hornqvist line, who do they put out against the the Smith/Leggy/Erat or Toots/Spaling/Wilson line? Our leading goal scorer has just eight goals, yet, we're one goal behind Tampa and outscoring Dallas. We are the median of league scoring and it's done by committee.

SK is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. He's got all of the physical attributes to be a great forward and every now and then last season we'd see glimpses of what he is capable of when he puts forth the effort. It's not a problem of skill, it's a problem of heart ... at least from what I've observed of his play. If he picks up his play in a similar manner to last season ... I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Well said! I have not watched your games close enough to know ES goals etc. is he a UFA at the end of this season? As I recall he signed a 1 year deal? Not sure of the rules

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

He's restricted at the end of this season.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
tserberis*

Last year by this point of the season he had 5+8=13 in 28GP while starting with the injury. (broken toe)
This year 5+9=14 in 27GP while been through three minor injuries.( ankle, shoulder, arm)

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Last year by this point of the season he had 5+8=13 in 28GP while starting with the injury. (broken toe)
This year 5+9=14 in 27GP while been through three minor injuries.( ankle, shoulder, arm)
Last season he showed some heart when he played ... this season, not so much to date.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:53 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Last season he showed some heart when he played ... this season, not so much to date.
agree.. although that stat gives me hope. there is a huge difference however that you cant see in statistics alone.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
tserberis*

Not in first 20 while still discomfort by the injury...

He is soft player. If he plays with some discomfort or not at 100% ready, it will show

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote