HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Nation reporting Predators scouting JVR and Read

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
This is the most backwards thing I've ever read... JVR gets better and bigger every year and is still young. Read is 25. He is never going to significantly improve whatever numbers he gets this year. .
It's over, Johnny. It's time to let go.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
See, contrary to most, I supported JVR completely through his transition phase in his first two years when everyone wanted him gone. I saw a skill set, speed, and size that would make him a very valuable player in the NHL. He finally started to put it together at the end of the 09-10 season with he help of Richards and Giroux and played very well in 10-11. I gave him a pass through 20 games this year with a very new lineup. But now I am done.

He has regressed. He stays along the perimeter, attempts to beat players one on one with no vision for his line mates, all while taking bad angle wristers. He doesn't go to the front of the net when he needs to. He still has the speed, size, and skills but he is going back to how he played much of college -- as a one man line.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Can't believe people are giving up on JvR already.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
JVR is a bigger player and has shown glimpses of greatness. Did you guys not watch him in the playoffs last year? He took over some entire games. If it is JVR and Read we better get Weber and a decent prospect.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
JVR is a bigger player and has shown glimpses of greatness. Did you guys not watch him in the playoffs last year? He took over some entire games. If it is JVR and Read we better get Weber and a decent prospect.
Did not see a lot of it this season and next year his salary wil be X3 what it is today.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
It's not about giving up. It's about recognizing potential. He's going to be a fine hockey player. No one is arguing that. He is not going to be live up his size and skill, but he will still produce. That is all fair. But this is about trading him for an established player that has lived up to expectation. If we can get a Weber like player without trading JVR, great. I'm all for seeing him progress. I just don't think it's going to happen at the level we expect.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
Its hard not to when every single 2nd overall pick since the 1998 draft has been much better than him much earlier on in their careers at their respective positions.

Daniel Sedin, Heatley, Spezza, Lehtonen, Eric Staal, Malkin, Bobby Ryan, Jordan Staal, Doughy, Hedman, Seguin.

Its hard not to be frustrated.

I'm not giving up but i'm not happy with him and certainly wouldn't hesitate to move him.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Did not see a lot of it this season and next year his salary wil be X3 what it is today.
He is young and a lot of young players are inconsistent. Sometimes you have to wait to get the best of a player.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
This is the most backwards thing I've ever read... JVR gets better and bigger every year and is still young. Read is 25. He is never going to significantly improve whatever numbers he gets this year.

I wouldn't mind parting with either of them if Weber or Suter were involved, but it would certainly have to be the right deal. JVR and Read for either one seems like a somewhat odd. If it is those two and a first I might be more upset. That could be an overpayment since we have to resign either one in just over a year.
You're likely right about Read, hence the dunnos. As for JVR, we must not be watching the same games.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Eh, this is JVR's 3rd season. Alittle early yea, but honestly way too many excuses get thrown out for him and his play.

That being said, for Weber or Suter I'd easily give him up for either of them.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
He is young and a lot of young players are inconsistent. Sometimes you have to wait to get the best of a player.
He is young and he is allowed to be inconsistent, I guess but his salary will be very consistent starting next year. Not sure if he is injured and that's why he is playing average. I'd probably offer him for Suter or Weber

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-18-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
bryzgalovsky*

garbage

if we get rid of read and/or jvr i can guarantee they will become amazing players

Old
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Norm MacDonald

So is JVR officially the new HF whipping boy? I should have guessed after he signed that extension.

EDIT: Actually, HF will probably embrace him after this cold streak and anoint him the new Flyers Superstar. There's no middle ground.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Hell no to the Caps. We are about to share a conference with them, and what would they be trying to trade? Semin is my first guess, and screw THAT hairy noise.
With you 100%

Old
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
I do like JvR and it likely will take him another season or two to really show consistency using his size and strength. With that being said though, if you can get a Cornerstone D man in the prime of his career for JvR you HAVE to do it. JvR + Read for Weber is a great deal for both teams. Flyers do give up potential and youth for sure, but they get arguably a D man who is in the top 5 in the entire NHL and he would be one of the ONLY players I'd consider trading JvR for.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
So is JVR officially the new HF whipping boy?
No one wanted him to be. He strapped on the ball-gag and got on all fours on his own.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
garbage

if we get rid of read and/or jvr i can guarantee they will become amazing players
You guarantee it? Well then, it must be true.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
EPFS

Don't want to dash anyone's hopes but ALLSportsINTEL is a fraud source in the mold of incarcerated bob.

Still think we trade JVR for a good d-man sooner or later.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

mfw we get Weber

Old
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
garbage

Well, that WOULD kind of be the point of the trade for the other team, right? If a deal is made, who cares how they turn out, as long as the player(s) we get is awesome for us.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
No one wanted him to be. He strapped on the ball-gag and got on all fours on his own.
bingo.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
He's on pace for 55 points, which would likely put him in at least the top 90 category. Your posts are exaggerated nonsense that paint him as a scrub.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Icedog2735

Purely speculating, but I think JvR has really been affected by the trading away of Carter and Richie. I think he really had the same mindset that those guys had which is why he has been a non factor so far this season. I would love to think that the same player who showed up last playoffs will eventually come back but I have also heard that he is cocky and has a bit of an attitude so now that he is getting paid, I don't see him putting in the effort.

Old
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
He's on pace for 55 points, which would likely put him in at least the top 90 category. Your posts are exaggerated nonsense that paint him as a scrub.

would you rather have jvr, or trade him + for a very reliable d man?

Old
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I've been hard on JVR, but I don't think I'm ready to see him traded yet; who knows how Homer feels...considering he just gave him a healthy contract, I assume not. I also don't think Nashville is ready to trade Weber yet.