HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather see traded?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2011, 11:09 PM
  #201
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubinsky was one of our best players in the POs last year. And aren't you the guy who wanted to trade Dubinsky plus a 1st and a prospect for Brian Gionta!? You're the last one to be talking about people in their right minds.

Like I have said over and over again, I don't think it's a big difference (the two players are nearly identical), but I rate Dubinsky a little higher. It's the anti-Dubinsky crowd that seems determined to convince themselves that one of the two is complete ****.
You continue to show how little you know. No one is saying they're anti-dubinsky. And i believe my proposal was

Dubinsky
2nd
Mid-Prospect

Gionta is far and away better than Dubinsky.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
  #202
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Whatever you wanna tell yourself.
Oh, that's a convincing argument. How am I wrong? The mob-mentality of this board is currently engaged in ripping Dubinsky apart based only on his offensive stats (and only ONE offensive stat at that. His assist total is on pace for a career high). That's the general attitude I'm responding to. When people point out the fact that Dubinsky has been contributing beyond goalscoring, the response from you and others has been the equivalent of "it doesn't matter. Only GOALS matter." I've taken that exact same philosophy in comparing Dubi and Cally in this thread, and that same mob has rolled out to inform me that if I'm only going to use stats, then I'm "not worth talking to."

Again--how about you show some consistency? What matters, stats or the overall picture? You can't pick and choose based solely on which argument fits the opinions that you already hold.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:17 PM
  #203
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Oh, that's a convincing argument. How am I wrong? The mob-mentality of this board is currently engaged in ripping Dubinsky apart based only on his offensive stats (and only ONE offensive stat at that. His assist total is on pace for a career high). That's the general attitude I'm responding to. When people point out the fact that Dubinsky has been contributing beyond goalscoring, the response from you and others has been the equivalent of "it doesn't matter. Only GOALS matter." I've taken that exact same philosophy in comparing Dubi and Cally in this thread, and that same mob has rolled out to inform me that if I'm only going to use stats, then I'm "not worth talking to."

Again--how about you show some consistency? What matters, stats or the overall picture? You can't pick and choose based solely on which argument fits the opinions that you already hold.
Stats and the overall picture says Callahan is currently better and has been the past couple years.

Everyone here likes Dubinsky. No one wants him traded for Boyle is better than Stepan. It's just not true.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:19 PM
  #204
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
You continue to show how little you know. No one is saying they're anti-dubinsky. And i believe my proposal was

Dubinsky
2nd
Mid-Prospect

Gionta is far and away better than Dubinsky.

First, that wasn't your proposal. You had Dubinsky, a first and a prospect.

Second, Gionta is nowhere close to Dubinsky. He's more expensive, significantly older, and wasn't producing anywhere near Dubinsky's rate when he was Dubinsky's age. Gionta is another player who still has a reputation based on nothing more than the one huge season he put up coming out of the lockout.

To even consider moving Dubinsky for Gionta is idiotic. To consider adding on the Rangers part is certifiable. To consider adding a first round pick!? Trust me, pal, I'm not the one "showing how little I know."

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:24 PM
  #205
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Stats and the overall picture says Callahan is currently better and has been the past couple years.

Everyone here likes Dubinsky. No one wants him traded for Boyle is better than Stepan. It's just not true.
Stats say that Callahan has been better over the first third of this year. As I said already, let the year play out. Callahan was NOT better last year. You're assuming that he would have kept playing at his scoring rate over the games he missed. The problem with that logic is that Mr. "consistency" was mired in his worst offensive drought of the season when he got hurt (1 point in 6 games).

I can't speak to "everyone" here, but there is a LARGE group of posters who want to ship Dubinsky out for lesser parts. You are one of them. Zenith is another (though at least he's honest enough to state that he just doesn't like the player). There are at least 10-15 others who work in an insult to Dubinsky at every opportunity. A bunch of them ripped him apart after the Blues game, when he was one of our best players (stating, unequivocally, that it didn't matter how he played since he didn't score a goal). In today's game day thread, one guy said he should be shot, and others chimed in with their agreement. Yup, sounds like he's universally loved.

I don't have any idea what you are trying to say with your last two sentences.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:57 PM
  #206
outlaw52
"what i do"
 
outlaw52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
Country: United States
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
dubinsky is playing an excellent game away from the puck in every aspect. hes a beast on the boards and an intregal part of this team. his hustle is second to none. anyone who doesnt see that isnt watching the game close enough.does he have to put the puck in the net? hell yeah.it will come. and im not the biggest dubi fan but i see what i see.

outlaw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:56 AM
  #207
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Stats say that Callahan has been better over the first third of this year. As I said already, let the year play out. Callahan was NOT better last year. You're assuming that he would have kept playing at his scoring rate over the games he missed. The problem with that logic is that Mr. "consistency" was mired in his worst offensive drought of the season when he got hurt (1 point in 6 games).

I can't speak to "everyone" here, but there is a LARGE group of posters who want to ship Dubinsky out for lesser parts. You are one of them. Zenith is another (though at least he's honest enough to state that he just doesn't like the player). There are at least 10-15 others who work in an insult to Dubinsky at every opportunity. A bunch of them ripped him apart after the Blues game, when he was one of our best players (stating, unequivocally, that it didn't matter how he played since he didn't score a goal). In today's game day thread, one guy said he should be shot, and others chimed in with their agreement. Yup, sounds like he's universally loved.

I don't have any idea what you are trying to say with your last two sentences.
First your personal vendetta against me because i disagree with your opinion is just ****ing annoying. This board is for debates and conversation, no need for you to continuously show hostility towards me because i disagree with your opinion of Dubi.

Second, whatever you want to say about stats, Callahan was better last year and is this year. He's also better in every other facet of the game, leadership, Penalty killing, defense, physicality, board play, effort etc.

While i don't want to ship him out for a bag of pucks, i sure as hell would be willing to move him in the right deal. How much more do you really think he will develop? Dubinsky has shown us what he brings, an inconsistent game where he hits hot streaks and is able to dominate board play at times. Is he a good guy to have, sure. But that doesn't i'm keeping him if an opportunity to upgrade comes.

It's not a conspiracy that pretty much everyone on this board would take Callahan over Dubinsky. Cally is far and away the more valuable player. Make a poll here or on the main boards and you will see. Ask any educated hockey viewer and you will get the same answer 99 times out of 100. It's clear as day. That's why torts made callahan captain and not dubinsky. He's a leader on and off the ice.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:00 AM
  #208
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
And for the record, i'm not running around saying i love dubi or hate him, but i see him for what he is.

Zenith doesn't like dubi and he admits it. If you need me to admit that i don't love him then fine i don't.

But i do think he's a good player to have. There's a lot of people i wouldn't trade him for. But there's also a lot of guys i think upgrade over him and gionta is one of them. If you want to disagree with me that's fine. But i think it's completely understandable to see where im coming from.

Gionta will give you 20+ goals every year. We saw a great start to the year for dubinsky last season and he completely fizzled out midway through.

So no, for the record, i don't hate the guy, but im not drooling over him either. If we are able to upgrade with him as a centerpiece im all for it.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:11 AM
  #209
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I ask you for objectivity and all that you've given that would fit that definition is the ppg ratio from last season (a whopping .1ppg difference, in a season where Dubinsky came back EARLY from a stress fracture in his leg). How does one measure something like "hockey sense," "Consistency," or (my personal favorite) "maturity"? All three of those things are SUBJECTIVE traits that you tack on to Callahan are take away from Dubinsky...based on what, exactly? Dubinsky has CONSISTENTLY scored more points than Callahan for 4 years running.
They are only subjective if you don't understand them. Again, which of the two players was named captain of the team? Which of the two players was chosen to play in the Olympics (same country; it's not like Dubinsky didn't make a stacked Canadian squad)? This season, we've heard several times from John Tortorella or from Dubinsky that the two meet regularly and discuss Dubinsky's game. You know how Tortorella feels about discussing Callahan's game with him? I can't find the exact quote, but a game last season (I believe) where Callahan made a bad play, after the game, Tortorella said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that he would never have anything to say to Ryan Callahan about making mistakes or critiquing his game. Maybe someone remembers exactly what game this was or the quote.

Here's a quote I did find, however...
On Callahan deserving to be an All-Star: “Yeah I do. It goes back to the Olympics when I was given a call by Burkey (Team USA GM Brian Burke) and all the boys putting that team together. And there was no question who should be there, Ryan Callahan needed to be one of those guys. He’s not flashy, it’s just the little things and that’s what an All-Star is, that is the foundation of a hockey club. And that really is what an All-Star is, is helping a team win every night and Ryan Callahan exemplifies that every night he puts his skates on.”

Even more...

“It’s not all about numbers,” Tortorella said. “It’s also about the little things you do as a player.

“When he’s on the bench (between shifts) and I’m looking up and down the bench (for the next line change), I’m always looking for him.”

Tortorella believes the Rangers inability to close out playoff victories — despite being ahead in the third period — was in part due to Callahan’s absence. The four-year NHL veteran suffered a broken ankle in the final week of the regular season by blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.

“We had three leads in the third period and we couldn’t nail them down,” Tortorella said.


Quote:
Sting, while I agree that Callahan is very good defensively, he is also getting to be VERY overrated in that area (particularly this season). He hasn't been a + player in three seasons. He and Richards have been on the ice for a ridiculously large number of goals this season. It's great that his scoring is up, but from what I've seen, he's sacrificing a bit on his defensive responsibility to do so.
I'm a little confused. You just said you don't know how to measure hockey sense or consistency, so how do you know how good Callahan is defensively, or whether or not he is under or overrated in that regard? Hockey sense and consistency are primary factors in evaluating how good a player performs when the puck isn't on his stick. The best defensive players, the best players away from the puck, are that due to their high intelligence of the sport and the fact that they display that prowess virtually every night, if not every shift.

Callahan's +/- prior to this season is only an indicator of the fact that he played for a piss poor offensive team that had an incredibly difficult time scoring goals due to a below average collection of talent and skill. As for his performance this season, did it ever occur to you that maybe Callahan's role has changed, and that due to the fact that this team is chock full of solid defensive forwards (including Dubinsky), Tortorella would rather Callahan focus more on offensive contributions, since the team still doesn't have enough offensive firepower, and simply by way of the fact that he's one of the smartest players around, he is able to create opportunities despite not being particularly skilled? I bet you never considered the impact that Callahan had on Dubinsky's scoring last season, either. What about that Callahan and Richards are playing on a line with a third line winger, who while doing an admirable job, is hardly a scorer? Did you ever consider how much more goals that line would score (and consequently, how much higher their plus/minus ratio might be) if the Rangers didn't still have a couple of major holes in their roster, particularly on the LW? How about the fact that taking chances is inherent to playing offensive hockey, and that even the best offensive players sometimes make risky plays that don't work out?

Quote:
So three people respond, and I get the usual line of "hockey sense," "maturity," and "Dubinsky just doesn't get it." Nothing that can actually refute the fact that Dubinsky has, despite being younger, out-performed Callahan on the ice. Keep making those excuses gentlemen. Maybe you'll eventually get your wish and see Dubinsky traded somewhere else for garbage (where you'll immediately rate him higher because he's another team's guy). It won't change the reality that Dubinsky is (though only marginally) the better player.
But he hasn't out performed him. He's scored more (barely), and even that hasn't been the case of late. Outscoring does not mean outperforming or outplaying. Dubinsky being better than Callahan is only reality in a world where nothing but scoring counts, and that seems to be the reality that you watch hockey in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Stats say that Callahan has been better over the first third of this year. As I said already, let the year play out. Callahan was NOT better last year. You're assuming that he would have kept playing at his scoring rate over the games he missed. The problem with that logic is that Mr. "consistency" was mired in his worst offensive drought of the season when he got hurt (1 point in 6 games).
When people talk about Callahan's consistency, they aren't referring to his scoring, which again gets to the one of the several root problems of your argument. Until this season, scoring has never been the biggest part of Callahan's duties.

Quote:
I can't speak to "everyone" here, but there is a LARGE group of posters who want to ship Dubinsky out for lesser parts. You are one of them. Zenith is another (though at least he's honest enough to state that he just doesn't like the player). There are at least 10-15 others who work in an insult to Dubinsky at every opportunity. A bunch of them ripped him apart after the Blues game, when he was one of our best players (stating, unequivocally, that it didn't matter how he played since he didn't score a goal). In today's game day thread, one guy said he should be shot, and others chimed in with their agreement. Yup, sounds like he's universally loved.
I would love for you to find any post where Zenith suggested that Dubinsky be shipped out for lesser parts. A lot of people here, including myself, would shed no tears if Dubinsky was traded, but none of those people are interested in seeing him traded for lesser parts. Virtually every time the notion of trading him has been brought up, the central point involved bringing back an upgrade for return.

You have my genuine sympathy, because you're missing out on enjoying the career of easily the best homegrown forward this team has developed in 10-15 years. You're missing the fact that right before your eyes, you have a player playing night in and night out that makes GMs and coaches around the league salivate with envy because of how incredibly valuable he is. Based on your perspective on the nuances of the game, I think, sadly, you're also missing out on a lot of what makes hockey the great game that it is.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 04:27 AM
  #210
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's consistency. It's the fact that Callahan is superior defensively. It's the fact that Dubinsky's game away from the puck pales in comparison to Callahan's. It's the fact that Callahan outpaced Dubinsky in scoring last year .8 ppg to .7 ppg. It's the fact that Callahan is continuing to outpace Dubinsky now. It's the fact that Dubinsky clearly just does not get it.

Dubinsky is immature. He still doesn't understand that he needs to simplify his game. He still thinks he's got a skill game with a bit of power mixed in, rather than a power game with a bit of skill mixed in. He's got a fundamental lack of hockey sense when compared to Callahan. With his physical gifts, if Dubi played an identical game to Callahan, then he would be a superior player to Callahan. But he doesn't. Until he does, there's no way you can put Dub over Cally. We've been playing this game of, "Is this the year Dubi finally gets it?" for three years now. You're living in a world of what if, not what is.
i think this is pretty spot on regarding dubinsky's game. i agree i dont think he is playing the type of game best suited for him. i completely agree he tries to offer more of a skilled game than a power forward game. i want to believe dubinsky should be our equivalent to Boston's Lucic, albeit not exactly the same but pretty similar. Lucic plays with that power forward snarl with a little bit of skill thrown in here and there. Lucic knows what game is most effective for him, dubinsky does not.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:55 PM
  #211
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Don't understand how someone can watch the Rangers the past couple years and say Dubinsky is better than Callahan. Most fans in the league know Cally is far superior to Dubi.

Gaborik is also better than Ryan. I wouldn't do that trade straight up. It's clear Gaborik was injured last year so going with the stats from then is just a joke.

He's been better and is currently better. Sure the age is an issue, but i don't do that trade. And it wouldn't happen anyway.
Anyone who wouldn't trade Gaborik for Ryan straight up should have their head examined. The only question comes up if we were to have to add prospects and picks on our side. I would absolutely still do it. I'd trade Gaborik, Thomas, and a 1st for Ryan. I'd trade Gaborik, Thomas, Erixon, and a 2nd for Ryan.

All those trades make us a much better team this year, next year, and five + years from now.

If you honestly would rather hold on to the injury-prone, tentative, soft, non-physical floater who's only redeeming qualities are his speed and great goal scoring ability rather than a 24 year old power-forward who hits, doesn't shy away from contact, and has scored at least 30 goals in every season he's been a full-time NHLer, and makes 2.5 million dollars LESS than gaboriks absurd contract, making Ryan one of the best bang for buck contracts in the entire league, then you really don't understand the sport of hockey. Bobby Ryan is everything Gaborik is plus size, strength, youth, playmaking, and a MUCH better contract. Gaborik is a one dimensional goal scorer. Just because he's great at that one dimension doesn't mean he's worth the ridiculous 7.5 million dollar contract he's being paid.

Ryan > Gaborik
Ryan at 5 mil vs Gaborik at 7.5 and it's not even close. I am shocked that some of you can't see this. What sport do you watch? Seriously...

Lets simplify it: you'd rather have one dimensional Gaborik at 7.5 million than Ryan at 5 million, who does everything gaborik does and then some, AND whoever we could afford with an extra 2.5 million being added to the cap space were going to have this offseason with Wolski, Avery gone, and drury's dead cap space hit decreasing? Essentially you're choosing Gaborik over Ryan and the possibility of Parise or Suter. I cannot stress enough how easy of a decision this is. If the ducks are dumb enough to give us Ryan for Gaborik and a few added sweeteners (Thomas, Erixon, 1st or 2nd), you absolutely have to take it, and I am thankful Glen Sather knows this and is our GM rather than some of you. Stick to NHL12 which is the only place you might actually see Gaborik get his nose dirty.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
  #212
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Be fair, management and the game on the ice are separate.

If I could have Ryan and Parise instead of Gaborik, then yeah, id do that without hesitation.

Thing is, no team will operate by who may or may not be available in the future.

That in mind, we have assets to move to get Ryan and keep Gaborik.

We shouldn't help Anaheim by giving them the world in return, however.

Rangers won't be trading Gaborik. They'll be looking to add, to go deep in the playoffs. Not making lateral moves or subtracting.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
  #213
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Be fair, management and the game on the ice are separate.

If I could have Ryan and Parise instead of Gaborik, then yeah, id do that without hesitation.

Thing is, no team will operate by who may or may not be available in the future.

That in mind, we have assets to move to get Ryan and keep Gaborik.

We shouldn't help Anaheim by giving them the world in return, however.

Rangers won't be trading Gaborik. They'll be looking to add, to go deep in the playoffs. Not making lateral moves or subtracting.
I understand that, but I don't consider those moves lateral as I think Ryan is a much better overall player who will score just as many goals as Gaborik in most years.

I know the team isn't going to make the move solely based on who they MIGHT get, but they will make it based on getting the better player on an even better contract so that ultimately they get a better player and more cap space to make the team better whether it's with another star like Suter or Parise, or a few better depth players. That's definitely taken into consideration. How often can you make a trade, get the better player, AND get 2.5 more cap space?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
  #214
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Anyone who wouldn't trade Gaborik for Ryan straight up should have their head examined. The only question comes up if we were to have to add prospects and picks on our side. I would absolutely still do it. I'd trade Gaborik, Thomas, and a 1st for Ryan. I'd trade Gaborik, Thomas, Erixon, and a 2nd for Ryan.

All those trades make us a much better team this year, next year, and five + years from now.

If you honestly would rather hold on to the injury-prone, tentative, soft, non-physical floater who's only redeeming qualities are his speed and great goal scoring ability rather than a 24 year old power-forward who hits, doesn't shy away from contact, and has scored at least 30 goals in every season he's been a full-time NHLer, and makes 2.5 million dollars LESS than gaboriks absurd contract, making Ryan one of the best bang for buck contracts in the entire league, then you really don't understand the sport of hockey. Bobby Ryan is everything Gaborik is plus size, strength, youth, playmaking, and a MUCH better contract. Gaborik is a one dimensional goal scorer. Just because he's great at that one dimension doesn't mean he's worth the ridiculous 7.5 million dollar contract he's being paid.

Ryan > Gaborik
Ryan at 5 mil vs Gaborik at 7.5 and it's not even close. I am shocked that some of you can't see this. What sport do you watch? Seriously...

Lets simplify it: you'd rather have one dimensional Gaborik at 7.5 million than Ryan at 5 million, who does everything gaborik does and then some, AND whoever we could afford with an extra 2.5 million being added to the cap space were going to have this offseason with Wolski, Avery gone, and drury's dead cap space hit decreasing? Essentially you're choosing Gaborik over Ryan and the possibility of Parise or Suter. I cannot stress enough how easy of a decision this is. If the ducks are dumb enough to give us Ryan for Gaborik and a few added sweeteners (Thomas, Erixon, 1st or 2nd), you absolutely have to take it, and I am thankful Glen Sather knows this and is our GM rather than some of you. Stick to NHL12 which is the only place you might actually see Gaborik get his nose dirty.
So you're not only going to give Gaborik for Ryan but add in one of our top prospects.

Such a joke. You have no clue what you're talking about and your incredibly condescending in your post.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:57 PM
  #215
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Ryan is not clearly better than Gaborik. You make it seem like Ryan is crosby. It's just untrue. Gaborik has and currently is better than Ryan.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:04 PM
  #216
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
And for the record, i'm not running around saying i love dubi or hate him, but i see him for what he is.

Zenith doesn't like dubi and he admits it. If you need me to admit that i don't love him then fine i don't.

But i do think he's a good player to have. There's a lot of people i wouldn't trade him for. But there's also a lot of guys i think upgrade over him and gionta is one of them. If you want to disagree with me that's fine. But i think it's completely understandable to see where im coming from.

Gionta will give you 20+ goals every year. We saw a great start to the year for dubinsky last season and he completely fizzled out midway through.

So no, for the record, i don't hate the guy, but im not drooling over him either. If we are able to upgrade with him as a centerpiece im all for it.
As a fan of Dubinsky, even I have to admit you have some ammunition going against him this year, despite the fact it makes you a total opportunist just 2 months into the season.

The hilarious thing is how you throw everything away pivoting to this weird Brian Gionta thing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:35 PM
  #217
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
As a fan of Dubinsky, even I have to admit you have some ammunition going against him this year, despite the fact it makes you a total opportunist just 2 months into the season.

The hilarious thing is how you throw everything away pivoting to this weird Brian Gionta thing.
Of course i have ammunition going against him this year. He hasn't been producing on a new big contract.

Regardless, he started off incredibly hot last year and completely fizzled out.

Once again, I'm not in love with Dubi, but won't ship him out for garbage. However, if i can upgrade him then i will.

And Gionta isn't my first choice but he is an upgrade over Dubi. Don't really think that's much of an argument either.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:40 PM
  #218
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
And Gionta isn't my first choice but he is an upgrade over Dubi. Don't really think that's much of an argument either.
Wish ya did, cause there is.

***** about Dubinsky all you want. Hes had a bad 30 games or so. But dont insult everyone here and make a silly argument that he should be traded for Brian Gionta. Thats sad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
  #219
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Of course i have ammunition going against him this year. He hasn't been producing on a new big contract.

Regardless, he started off incredibly hot last year and completely fizzled out.
He had a rough middle patch, but he ended the year with 11 points in the final 15 games, and was big for us in the playoffs.

Quote:
Once again, I'm not in love with Dubi, but won't ship him out for garbage. However, if i can upgrade him then i will.

And Gionta isn't my first choice but he is an upgrade over Dubi. Don't really think that's much of an argument either.
The difference between Gionta and Dubi is minimal. Plus, Dubi is on a better contract, he's substantially younger, and he's come up big for the team on more than one occasion. Dubi is part of the core, and you don't trade him for a guy like Gionta. Bobby Ryan I'd move Dubi for in a heartbeat. Not a Gionta-type though. No way.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
  #220
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Man this thread turned into a **** show.

Dubi's not a bad player. When it clicks, we know he can almost take over a game.

His trade value has never been lower.

Bobby Ryan is better than Dubinsky. Marian Gaborik is better than both of them.

Bobby Ryan in a few years MAY be better.

Gionta? Really?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:37 PM
  #221
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Maybe i'm off about Gionta. Fair enough we disagree.

But throughout this thread i have been berated for some sort of hate for Dubi. I've said numerous times, i think he's a good player to have. Maybe he's a better piece to have than Gionta, fair enough.

Regardless, we can agree, Gionta is a quality player. I wouldn't trade Dubi for peanuts and I think most Rangers fans who even dislike Dubinsky (like Zenith) would only trade him in an upgrade.

Whether that's for Ryan or someone else, who knows. I can say, I would be extremely upset if we traded Dubinsky for either a downgraded player or someone who doesn't have more potential to be better.

Anyways, to clear things up, this is the way i feel.

Cally>Dubi
Gaborik>Ryan
Ryan>>>Dubi
Gionta, maybe i was being stupid. (I'm being nice with the maybe).

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
  #222
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Does anyone on the Oilers interest you guys for Dubi?

Hall, Eberle and RNH obviously untouchable.

My first offer would be Hemsky but he is UFA and might not be a fit in Torts plumber system.

My second offer would be Gagner.. possibly Gagner and a 2nd.

I might be willing to move MPS for Dubi as well but would rather move the guys above.

Anything other than that interest you guys?

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
  #223
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post
Does anyone on the Oilers interest you guys for Dubi?

Hall, Eberle and RNH obviously untouchable.

My first offer would be Hemsky but he is UFA and might not be a fit in Torts plumber system.

My second offer would be Gagner.. possibly Gagner and a 2nd.

I might be willing to move MPS for Dubi as well but would rather move the guys above.

Anything other than that interest you guys?
Nobody wants to deal him unless it's in a package for a significant upgrade.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
  #224
dtrap
Registered User
 
dtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Aren't we 18-8-4 and 4th in the East? Why are people still complaining and plotting trades? I'd swear we were 8-18-4 instead.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
  #225
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Nobody wants to deal him unless it's in a package for a significant upgrade.
Fair enough. He has always been one of my favorite players and thought maybe fans might be willing to move him because he is struggling offensively this year.

Rutuu is the other guy I think would mesh well with the skilled players Edmonton has.. I guess I turn my attention over on Carolina's board instead.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.