HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Roy

Old
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Change the 2nd to a 1st and swap McKegg for a lesser prospect, and I think its closer. I don't see Buffalo doing a futures deal with Roy unless a first is coming their way.
Colborne + 1st + D'Amigo/Caputi

I'd do it probably.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
um

johansson
eakin
schultz/hamrlik (cap)

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Colborne + 1st + D'Amigo/Caputi

I'd do it probably.
I think Buffalo would consider it too. It gives them what could be the big bodied second line center they have been missing, a decent depth prospect, and a pick in a deep draft. I think if the Sabres were ready to pack it in for the year, this may be a deal they do.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Colborne isn't valuable enough to be the basis of that deal. Not by a mile.

And anyway, Regier and Burke will never trade together.

And they aren't even close to packing it in. Roy isn't getting shipped out for a deal composed entirely of futures.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I think Buffalo would consider it too. It gives them what could be the big bodied second line center they have been missing, a decent depth prospect, and a pick in a deep draft. I think if the Sabres were ready to pack it in for the year, this may be a deal they do.
The only problem would be the Salary Cap,

But if Burke was content with Roy as his top center then he probably would find a way to trade Lombardi or Komisarek.

Roy
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak

Is great center depth imo.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:30 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
johansson
eakin
schultz/hamrlik (cap)
Any way Buffalo could pry Colorado's 1st rounder out of the Caps?

Johansson/Eakin is a package that has Buffalo all ears though.

Old
12-19-2011, 01:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Do you mean strongest area?
It gets cluttered in the message, Defense is the weakest area, so if they want forward prospects it is a good match with the Wings, they have a bunch of top 6 potential players.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Detroit doesn't have the NHL-level assets to get Roy.

Old
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Detroit doesn't have the NHL-level assets to get Roy.
Depends on how you look at it, my opinion is most GM's would agree that both Tomas Tatar and Gustav Nyquist are NHL ready players. The Wings top three prospects might not be in the NHL and hanging out in Grand Rapids but that is because of Wings management and their philosophy on development. I would rather not part with either of the two forwards, and explained why I thought this was a deal for futures earlier in the thread. Understand why Sabres fans would want a big line center coming back right now. After all I would do the other packages I have seen here in a heartbeat before what I am guessing Detroit would offer.

Old
12-19-2011, 02:01 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The only problem would be the Salary Cap,

But if Burke was content with Roy as his top center then he probably would find a way to trade Lombardi or Komisarek.

Roy
Connolly
Grabovski
Bozak

Is great center depth imo.
Curious if the Roy and Connolly punch didn't get it done in Buffalo, why would you reassemble it in Toronto and expect a different result?

Old
12-19-2011, 02:24 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Depends on how you look at it, my opinion is most GM's would agree that both Tomas Tatar and Gustav Nyquist are NHL ready players. The Wings top three prospects might not be in the NHL and hanging out in Grand Rapids but that is because of Wings management and their philosophy on development. I would rather not part with either of the two forwards, and explained why I thought this was a deal for futures earlier in the thread. Understand why Sabres fans would want a big line center coming back right now. After all I would do the other packages I have seen here in a heartbeat before what I am guessing Detroit would offer.
It's not even that I want a "big line center," I'm fine with Roy bringing back a group of lesser pieces (the Johansson/Eakin offer). It's just that Buffalo can't trade their only consistent pivot since July 2007 for players with no NHL track record, regardless of the system they're coming from. I've really liked Tatar since his draft year, FWIW.

Old
12-19-2011, 02:50 AM
dahlenrules

Quote:

If another big piece is added from Buffalo. Johansson/Eakin is pretty equal value for Roy, and that Col 1st has just as much value depending on how Colorado keeps playing.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 03:00 AM
dire wolf
be cool

I have a hard time believing the Sabres wouldn't do significantly better in the market place for Roy than in this thread. There are so few top-6 centers available at any price in the league, and his production/contract ratio is among the best in the league for non ELC players.

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:48 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

TO EDMONTON

-Derek Roy
-2nd round pick 2012

TO BUFFALO

-Sam Gagner
-1st round pick 2012

Posted this in the Value of Gagner thread but thought I'd put it here as well... Think this helps both teams. Roy helps the Oilers take another step towards competing for a playoff spot, good #2 behind RNH. Sabres get a yound talented center that could use a change of scenery IMO. Tho he is a step back in terms of talent from Roy he is still a top 6 center. The 1st rounder (my guess would be prolly 8-14 range) would give the Sabres a shot at drafting a top center prospect this year. Thoughts?

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:47 AM
HiddenInLight

The sabres do not trade roy except as part of a package to upgrade, or to take a latteral step for a center of equal talent but different skill set. Period.

/thread

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:51 AM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownSabresclown View Post
Umm...no. The Sabres are in win-now mode. No futures. They need NHL-ready players. And Roy only gets dealt as part of a package for a better center OR if said better center has already been acquired. You don't trade away your only legitimate top-6 center when you have a surplus of skilled wingers and a huge lack of center depth. Ennis, Stafford, Boyes, Leino would all be on the block before Roy.
I'm not buying this "win now" thing anymore. Maybe win in 3 years, but not now.

Beyond Vanek, Pominville, Regher, and possibly Miller, how many of our best players right now are either young, or locked up for a while.

I say make sure Vanek and Pominville stay, monitor Regher's health, and Miller's performance, (and sign or not accordingly) and then build around Kassian, Gerbe, Tropp, Ennis, Myers, Ehrhoff, Adam, and Sekera.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:07 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The sabres do not trade roy except as part of a package to upgrade, or to take a latteral step for a center of equal talent but different skill set. Period.

/thread
Or they take a small step back in talent just to get the cancer off the team. Addition by subtraction.

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
I have a hard time believing the Sabres wouldn't do significantly better in the market place for Roy than in this thread. There are so few top-6 centers available at any price in the league, and his production/contract ratio is among the best in the league for non ELC players.
They would do much better. Many are proceeding under the incorrect assumption that Buffalo is looking to move Roy either for salary relief or because a loud pocket of fans who've hated him for years say he's a cancer and want him gone yesterday. Regier would expect full value in return. He certainly isn't going to move him just for some notion of addition by subtraction.

This thread is classic HF "take my two dimes and a nickel for your quarter." Regier drives a notoriously high asking price for his players, and that'd be no different here. Centers who've produced at the clip Roy has don't pop free often. If Buffalo made him available, they could get a haul better than what's being offered in here.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
Or they take a small step back in talent just to get the cancer off the team. Addition by subtraction.
First off, addition by subtraction is nonsense. Especially the way that you are trying to rationalize it. That only works if you have sombody ready to step up and take that players place right now. The sabres don't have that. Roy is the only top six center this team has.

Beyond what is said on WGR there is nothing to say Roy is a cancer. I don't trust a radio station that says that the bills can win the afc east and make a superbowl run...sorry. those guys will say ANYTHING to get people to listen. Its unbelieveable that people actually believe them.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
TO EDMONTON

-Derek Roy
-2nd round pick 2012

TO BUFFALO

-Sam Gagner
-1st round pick 2012

Posted this in the Value of Gagner thread but thought I'd put it here as well... Think this helps both teams. Roy helps the Oilers take another step towards competing for a playoff spot, good #2 behind RNH. Sabres get a yound talented center that could use a change of scenery IMO. Tho he is a step back in terms of talent from Roy he is still a top 6 center. The 1st rounder (my guess would be prolly 8-14 range) would give the Sabres a shot at drafting a top center prospect this year. Thoughts?
Doesn't help the Oilers at all, the reason Gagner is expendable is that they are loaded at the center spot and like Buffalo they also need that big C. They don't need another highly skilled smurf, this why I see some Buffalo fans willing to give him up, like Edmonton they need some size.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
johansson
eakin
schultz/hamrlik (cap)
Quote:

This is very intriguing...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Johansson, Eakin, Colorado 1st
for
Roy, Buffalo 2nd

Washington ships out Semin in another deal for cap space (re stocks picks/prospects)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
for
Roy, Buffalo 2nd

Washington ships out Semin in another deal for cap space (re stocks picks/prospects)
yesplzkthxbai

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
MidgetMyers

Quote:
for
Roy, Buffalo 2nd

done, done, and done. Maybe even done again.

no takesbacksies.

MidgetMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
for
Roy, Buffalo 2nd

I'd add to that on our end, but yeah. Those assets are exactly what Buffalo needs. I had no idea Eakin was as available as he apparently is.