HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cunneyworth's plans for the habs

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Toro

vCash: 500
I like what i am hearing from the coaching staff and the players so far after the coaching change.

They want defined roles and the coach wants to define the roles for the players. This was needed and I am excited to see it in action for 10 or so games before i can comment on it.

I have a feeling this team will pull out of the tail spin and right the ship. Randy knows the youngsters from Hamilton and is a retired veteran Defenceman who knows the game well.

Also the return of injured bodies should help get us in a playoff spot.

This team has underachieved large, it can be done.....Will it?

Old
12-19-2011, 01:43 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Valid argument. I'll admit he's good... but there has to be something else that explains the mancrush.

It's the hair, right?

Or is it the eyes?

Buns?

It's the potential for pastry-shop jokes.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's the potential for pastry-shop jokes.
Door opened. Too easy.

And I'm done for the night.

(about time, too, I'm sure)

Old
12-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Door opened. Too easy.

And I'm done for the night.

(about time, too, I'm sure)
I am tempted to make a batch...

Old
12-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Nonforgo*

Send a message via ICQ to Nonforgo*
that right

yes, that right my friend

Old
12-19-2011, 06:00 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I'm not sold on Cunneyworth but I will take almost anything to replace Martin. It will be wait and see I guess, a lot will still depend on the walking wounded and when they get back to playing. I am just pissed at the french media and the PQ for the stupid rhetoric about needed a french coach.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
CGG

Montreal is currently missing:

Moen-Gomez-Gionta

Say what you will, but that was basically our first line while beating Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

That is the only reason Darche is getting ice time right now. People are blowing this way out of proportion. The only difference between the last two games is that Martin used Nokelainen on the 3rd line (a terrible idea), Cunneyworth used Leblanc on the 3rd line (a better idea). Both coaches basically sat the 4th line on the bench for the entire 3rd period.

Rolling 3 lines, with Darche on the 3rd line, plus a lot of PK time means that Darche will get a lot of ice time. It's not a big deal. Unless someone thinks Noki, Blunden or Weber (?) should have played there instead.

As soon as one of Gomez, Gionta or Moen comes back, Darche gets downgraded to the 4th and everyone can stop complaining.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:53 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Montreal is currently missing:

Moen-Gomez-Gionta

Say what you will, but that was basically our first line while beating Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

That is the only reason Darche is getting ice time right now. People are blowing this way out of proportion. The only difference between the last two games is that Martin used Nokelainen on the 3rd line (a terrible idea), Cunneyworth used Leblanc on the 3rd line (a better idea). Both coaches basically sat the 4th line on the bench for the entire 3rd period.

Rolling 3 lines, with Darche on the 3rd line, plus a lot of PK time means that Darche will get a lot of ice time. It's not a big deal. Unless someone thinks Noki, Blunden or Weber (?) should have played there instead.

As soon as one of Gomez, Gionta or Moen and White comes back, Darche gets downgraded to the AHL and everyone can stop complaining.
Fixed and is when i will stop complaining.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Fixed and is when i will stop complaining.
That makes no sense. Darche is a reliable player and solid 4th liner. I agree that in normal times he should have sat out a few games this year. He is far from the problem with the team.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No because Cunneyworth doubled his icetime because of injuries to Moen and Gio but when JM played Darche for half the time with the same guys injured he had a love affair with him.

Anyway, this is getting retarded. I'm hitting the hay. Good luck fighting the good fight Mathman.
Ill draw a line for you to follow regarding darches icetime.

Injuries put darche on ellers line, coach comments that lines will stay the same throughout games -> Ellers line played alot of time -> Darche plays alot of time in that game. Especially since its clear they are the checking line that plays against top forwards.

Where as with JM it was Darche on the PP, darche out for the last minute of a game, down by 2 mo darche. Mocking people for suggesting cole be on the PP, then the guy ends up being the leading PP goal scorer for the team.

Like someone else said Cunneyworth might not be the answer but this attitude change will be a step in the right direction. Saying eller was on for 3 goals when one was a ppg, and I think one was the campoli give away (but I am not 100 percent sure) is trying pretty hard to lay blame to a guy just because you dislike the coaching change.

Old
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I like what i am hearing from the coaching staff and the players so far after the coaching change.

They want defined roles and the coach wants to define the roles for the players. This was needed and I am excited to see it in action for 10 or so games before i can comment on it.

I have a feeling this team will pull out of the tail spin and right the ship. Randy knows the youngsters from Hamilton and is a retired veteran Defenceman who knows the game well.

Also the return of injured bodies should help get us in a playoff spot.

This team has underachieved large, it can be done.....Will it?
Actually Randy played left wing... unless you were talking about Ladouceur. I think people are going to have to start being more specific when they post.

Old
12-19-2011, 10:14 AM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

lol at posters bitterly comparing RC's treatment of Darche with JM's treatment of Darche. JM had Darche for 120 games, RC got him for one game, in a situation where he had breakfast then was told to coach that night. Not a fair appraisal let's give our new coach a few games shall we?

Old
12-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
lol at posters bitterly comparing RC's treatment of Darche with JM's treatment of Darche. JM had Darche for 120 games, RC got him for one game, in a situation where he had breakfast then was told to coach that night. Not a fair appraisal let's give our new coach a few games shall we?
what?

come on now, RC had an ENTIRE game to show his stuff, more than enough to show conclusively what kind of coach he is and what kind of roster decisions he will make...

obviously he is:

- a loser (he does have a 0% winning percentage for his career as a head coach)
- planning to make Darche a 18-20min/game player

what else could any reasonable observer deduce after looking at his results, they speak for themselves!

Old
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

obviously he is:

- a loser (he does have a 0% winning percentage for his career as a head coach)

Hey, numbers don't lie.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

You guys can continue posting in the other Cunneyworth thread.

Closed Thread