HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather see traded?

Old
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
dtrap

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post
Fair enough. He has always been one of my favorite players and thought maybe fans might be willing to move him because he is struggling offensively this year.

Rutuu is the other guy I think would mesh well with the skilled players Edmonton has.. I guess I turn my attention over on Carolina's board instead.
It's one thing for fans to want to move him.... It's another for Sather to want to move him.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
It's one thing for fans to want to move him.... It's another for Sather to want to move him.
True, I also remember rumors in the summer that Dubi might be on the move and he isn't exactly justifying his new contract.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Dubinsky is one of our top penalty killers. So this notion that Anisimov is head and shoulders above Dubinsky defensively is false.

Anisimov is also not better then Dubinsky offensively, either.

Anisimov is soft. But he has skill.

Id take Dubinsky over Anisimov 10 times out of 10.

But unfortunately contracts are a factor.
lol okay, time to take this one to task.

Being a good PKer doesn't mean you are defensively solid and reliable in game. Part of the reason Dubi was dropped earlier in the season was that he was getting beat on both sides of the ice.

In what way is Anisimov soft? It's cute to just say things like that, but you really have to quantify statements with some sort of basis for that opinion; otherwise it sounds sort of... ridiculous.

If we are talking needs: I trade Dubinsky in a heartbeat. We already have Callahan, we don't need another grinding scorer (not at 4.2 mil and not in our top 6), and it's extremely disturbing that a year removed from having a career season, he never took any steps to improve any facet of his game. He came to camp out of shape (and let's make sure we are clear here: not fat, but extremely top heavy/bulky, looking like Mark McGwire), his skating and puck handling abilities have literally deteriorated from average, to well below average, and he doesn't have the hockey sense to compensate for any of that. His entire game was based on the low end cycle, getting deep in the forecheck and out-working his opponent to the puck, and getting it on net. He's doing none of it, and instead Callahan has stepped in and done that plus more, and is consistently doing it better. This has officially made Dubinsky expendable.

Now, not taking into account this season for Dubi, I'd still take Anisimov over him, because I always value skill players higher, especially ones with high point potential, and Anisimov has this. To top it off, his game isn't one dimensional offensively, and he has worked on his flaws and gotten better each year (especially skating).

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:11 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappie View Post

Being a good PKer doesn't mean you are defensively solid and reliable in game. Part of the reason Dubi was dropped earlier in the season was that he was getting beat on both sides of the ice.

In what way is Anisimov soft? It's cute to just say things like that, but you really have to quantify statements with some sort of basis for that opinion; otherwise it sounds sort of... ridiculous.

If we are talking needs: I trade Dubinsky in a heartbeat. We already have Callahan, we don't need another grinding scorer (not at 4.2 mil and not in our top 6), and it's extremely disturbing that a year removed from having a career season, he never took any steps to improve any facet of his game. He came to camp out of shape (and let's make sure we are clear here: not fat, but extremely top heavy/bulky, looking like Mark McGwire), his skating and puck handling abilities have literally deteriorated from average, to well below average, and he doesn't have the hockey sense to compensate for any of that. His entire game was based on the low end cycle, getting deep in the forecheck and out-working his opponent to the puck, and getting it on net. He's doing none of it, and instead Callahan has stepped in and done that plus more, and is consistently doing it better. This has officially made Dubinsky expendable.

Now, not taking into account this season for Dubi, I'd still take Anisimov over him, because I always value skill players higher, especially ones with high point potential, and Anisimov has this. To top it off, his game isn't one dimensional offensively, and he has worked on his flaws and gotten better each year (especially skating).
Nailed it.

12-19-2011, 02:26 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

This pretty damn spot on.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:34 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

Great post.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Dubi has a big game against the devs and it will be a step towards redemption.

12-19-2011, 06:01 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't do Gaborik straight up for Ryan.

The "big three" isn't clicking for the first time in Ryan's career and look where he is.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

The "big three" isn't clicking for the first time in Ryan's career and look where he is.
Still on pace for more goals than Gaborik scored last year? Gaborik is allowed to have an off year but Ryan cant?
The assists aren't there but you also have to take into account that he was nearly traded and that definitely affects a players confidence when youre playing for a team that tried to deal you.

Brandon Dubinsky has 1 goal. That doesn't mean he's not as good as a lot of players who have 6 goals right now. He's in a slump. It happens.

Ryan is a better overall player than gabby, and in a year or two, while gaborik is on the decline or injured again, Ryan will be just hitting the prime of his career.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 12-19-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Aren't we 18-8-4 and 4th in the East? Why are people still complaining and plotting trades? I'd swear we were 8-18-4 instead.
It's a common misconception that the time to make big trades is when you're having a bad year. If the rangers were in trade talks right now, they'd be dealing from a position of strength in that they aren't desperate to make a move, so the other team can't force their hand. I'd much rather make a move to make a very good team a great one than make a shakeup trade as a bad team trying to find a miracle.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:18 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Still on pace for more goals than Gaborik scored last year? Gaborik is allowed to have an off year but Ryan cant?
The assists aren't there but you also have to take into account that he was nearly traded and that definitely affects a players confidence when youre playing for a team that tried to deal you.

Brandon Dubinsky has 1 goal. That doesn't mean he's not as good as a lot of players who have 6 goals right now. He's in a slump. It happens.

Ryan is a better overall player than gabby, and in a year or two, while gaborik is on the decline or injured again, Ryan will be just hitting the prime of his career.
Ryan has yet to prove he can do what Gabby can do without elite line mates.

Trading Gabby for Ryan makes us barely stronger in the short term while probably stronger in the long term. Trading other pieces does both.

Considering Richards is 30, I don't think we're trading Gaborik.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

This. Ryan has played on the best line in the league with two guys who create a ton of space for him and he scores 30 - 35. Gabby has played on teams where he was the only legitimate goal scorer (Minny and here) where teams had to shut him down to win and he still has scored 40. Ryan is a very good player and a good sniper. Gabby is an elite sniper, and underrated passer and when healthy like this year pretty good away from the puck. Gabby, thomas, erixon and a 2nd. That's too much for Stamkos. Get a friggin' grip!!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

Pretty good reasoning here. I would take Anni as well because of the contract situation, his age and I also think he has better offensive upside than Dubi. I love Dubi as a player and I feel really badly that his goal scoring struggles this year will probably make him trade fodder down the road. The thing with Anni though is that he also needs to start shooting the puck more and, more importantly, he better keep his head up when he skates into the zone.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
NikC

Quote:

great post chappie, only thing i would add is that we don't need a grinder scorer - that isn't scoring @ 4m ...

I think this team needs a true PWF in the mix with good hands, still holding out that we land Iginla, or maybe Glencross...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
It's a common misconception that the time to make big trades is when you're having a bad year. If the rangers were in trade talks right now, they'd be dealing from a position of strength in that they aren't desperate to make a move, so the other team can't force their hand. I'd much rather make a move to make a very good team a great one than make a shakeup trade as a bad team trying to find a miracle.
I'm sorry but it would be absolute stupidity to deal gaborik, whom is our best goal scorer and his results thus far justify that, for a guy who isnt scoring. The rangers are winning games, they're right in the thick of things in the east. That wouldnt be dealing from a position of strength itd be mismanagement of an organization.

this team is one more pure goal scorer away from being a serious contender. this considering the defense is healthy. i'm all for ryan but not when its gona be a lateral move. theres no room
for those at this point in time

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
So you're not only going to give Gaborik for Ryan but add in one of our top prospects.

Such a joke. You have no clue what you're talking about and your incredibly condescending in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I'm sorry but it would be absolute stupidity to deal gaborik, whom is our best goal scorer and his results thus far justify that, for a guy who isnt scoring. The rangers are winning games, they're right in the thick of things in the east. That wouldnt be dealing from a position of strength itd be mismanagement of an organization.

this team is one more pure goal scorer away from being a serious contender. this considering the defense is healthy. i'm all for ryan but not when its gona be a lateral move. theres no room
for those at this point in time
quite possibly the WORST trade proposal ever made on this board, considering the source i'm not surprised. Trash Gaborik while championing an unproven midget. Yet this same poster calls out anyone who wouldn't agree with his proposals...

like you said this team needs to ADD scoring, not trade for lateral players to save cap space. There are more than enough players coming off the books next season to pick up another key player if we can't make a move for Ryan this year.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote