HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 12/17 7PM EST | "Midas Touch" Edition

Old
12-17-2011, 11:00 PM
CBJCountryClub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Nope, it shows that they like hockey, even bad hockey. And are willing to pay for it. We have great fans and a terrible team. We should have a win now attitude, this is pro sports where winning is all that matters. We haven't won in 11 years. Yes we should win now, and win soon and win later. Winning at this level is everything. That is why people get fired, for not winning. I agree about the call on Wiz, but think about it for a minute:

This team was built to score goals, to take the heat off of Mason. This team hasn't scored goals, two goals a game won't win anything. This team's offense is offensive.
I think you're expecting too much, too soon. 3 things:

1. Many new players, learning Arneils system
2. A plague of injuries to start the season
3. A brutal schedule

No one can be expected to win right away in these circumstances. It takes time. Like Howson says, the fans just need to be more patient.

The CBJ would be better off without all these "we need to win right now" so-called fans who do nothing besides place undue pressure on the players and coaches. We need more fans like the ACA brotherhood, who come to every game, no matter the record, and cheer and chant their lungs out to support the CBJ. That is what a true fan does. Fortunately the negativity is restricted to just a small minority who seem to congregate here on this board. The rest of the city understands the process and supports the direction of the team.

CBJCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCountryClub View Post

3. A brutal schedule

No one can be expected to win right away in these circumstances. It takes time. Like Howson says, the fans just need to be more patient.

The CBJ would be better off without all these "we need to win right now" so-called fans who do nothing besides place undue pressure on the players and coaches. We need more fans like the ACA brotherhood, who come to every game, no matter the record, and cheer and chant their lungs out to support the CBJ. That is what a true fan does. Fortunately the negativity is restricted to just a small minority who seem to congregate here on this board. The rest of the city understands the process and supports the direction of the team.
Yep 27th ranked in attendance, this city really supports the direction CBJ is taking, you are so correct. Negativity just on this board? Really, because I've never heard anybody in the "real world" every say a good thing about Columbus. I hear a lot of Columbus sure does suck this year don't they or just a regular the BJs are terrible. As for your points:

1. Many new players, learning Arneils system / these are professionals and Arniel isn't running some advanced system.
2. A plague of injuries to start the season / every team has injuries, Pittsburgh was without 2 of the best players in the game and they were winning.
3. A brutal schedule / You've got to be kidding.

Nobody can be expected to win right away in these circumstances? The team has a 60 million + payroll, you better damn well believe that they were expected to win, and win right away from everybody from the front office to the fans.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 12-17-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:13 PM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:

3. A brutal schedule
1. What system is this, exactly? From the man who originally disliked the dump-and-chase style of play, he sure has his players doing an awful lot of it lately.
2. Every team plays with injuries. Depth is what separates the good teams from the bad ones.
3. This schedule hasn't looked any more or less difficult than recent years.

Quote:
The fans have been waiting for 11 years, and 4 under Howson's regime. Exactly how much patience is expected? This team is dead last, a non-achievement that this team has never managed before, even in the early expansion years.

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Reply to/discuss posts, not posters. And if you think someone is violating site rules, do not reply to it, report it.

Old
12-18-2011, 12:07 AM
blahblah

Quote:

3. A brutal schedule

There is no possible way you can believe this. None, zero, zip, nada.

If they haven't learned Arniel's system 30 games in, they should be playing in Uganda.
The injury plagued start was a while ago and teams like Pittsburgh and the Flyers have managed to win with injuries.
The schedule was favorable in December. You want Brutal, look at January.

Based on the facts, I can't believe you are serious.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM
jetbluejackets

howson:

jetbluejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:31 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbluejackets View Post
howson:

Fixed for you.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:42 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Too much centers. The line Vermette--Brassard--Letestu is bad. Nobody is scorer there we cannot wait goals. The fourth line have two centers too. Btw...this ice time for Johansen was a joke or what?

Simply. Trade Brassard, maybe Pahlsson or Letestu for wingers.

Prospal--Carter--Nash
xxx--Johansen--xxx
xxx--Vermette--Boll
Umberger--MacKenzie--Dorsett

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:18 AM
EDM

Good atmosphere tonite. Jackets tried much harder than they did against LA. Game was close all nite so it was at least interesting. Stamkos is worth watching. All and all, a decent ntie of entertainment. We lost by one again. So what is new?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 06:46 AM
RBarRegular

Went to the game last night. Lousy effort devoid of heart. Plus, they screwed up my tickets down at the box office and my ticket representative wasn't working yesterday. What a mess. The woman attempting to help me didn't even know who we were playing last night.
How Scott Arneil still has a job is beyond me. 7 (I think?) clubs have changed coaches this year. The one team who REALLY needs a change - us - stands pat and continues to be beyond bad.

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

As far as the effort goes last night, I will say that it was way better than the L.A. game. My beef was the constant horrific passes to no one, or the cross crease passes that never, and I do mean NEVER, seem to click. Or a wide open net staring John Moore in the face, and he shoots it wide. These guys do this stuff ALL THE TIME! It doesn't seem to matter what number is on the jersey. That is why they have the rap of not being able to finish. The team, and coach readily admit to this.

Anyone see the tripping call on Johan last night? Wow, just WOW. Maybe I'm wrong, but that looked like a blatant dive by Downie. Most everyone in the arena agreed on the replay. Leave it to the morons in the striped shirts to miss it, though.

"Downie Diver", or "Diver Downie" kind of have a nice ring to them.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:51 PM
JacketFanInFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Too much centers. The line Vermette--Brassard--Letestu is bad. Nobody is scorer there we cannot wait goals. The fourth line have two centers too. Btw...this ice time for Johansen was a joke or what?

Simply. Trade Brassard, maybe Pahlsson or Letestu for wingers.

Prospal--Carter--Nash
xxx--Johansen--xxx
xxx--Vermette--Boll
Umberger--MacKenzie--Dorsett
Boll should be nowhere near a 3rd line in the NHL.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
GScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Boll should be nowhere near a 3rd line in the NHL.
Or the 4th line for that matter.

GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:50 AM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

Tough loss but still had an incredible time at the game. Got the great opportunity to sit right on the glass in the Time Warner Lounge area! I brought along our new digital camera too! I'm still a newbie at the whole photography stuff but thought a few turned out pretty good.

Check out the set here....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kidacbj...2503/lightbox/

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:12 AM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

kidAcbj, wow, great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. The more I see of the thirds, the more I like them.

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote