HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2011, 12:57 PM
CandianKingsFan14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Ingala would be nice but only if the price weren't too steep, given he's 34 now. If you're going to package Bernier , 1 top 6 etc, go for somebody younger, like Nash.

I don't buy into most of what Eklund says but this is from his blog this morning on teams who are looking to deal before the trade freeze tomorrow.

Maybe they get Umnberger back?
Umberger or Brassard would be the only 2 players I would want in return unless Carter and Nash would be involved and I don't see that happening.

Old
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Whiskeypete

any trade for Iginla that involves an existing prospect or draft pick is just a waste. only smart move for him is involving roster players that are considered moveable. if that isn't enough then so be it. trading for a 34-year old forward and giving away the future makes NO sense.

if the DL and DS combo make this move it will be one nail in their coffin

Old
12-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Ingala would be nice but only if the price weren't too steep, given he's 34 now. If you're going to package Bernier , 1 top 6 etc, go for somebody younger, like Nash.

I don't buy into most of what Eklund says but this is from his blog this morning on teams who are looking to deal before the trade freeze tomorrow.

Maybe they get Umnberger back?
I'm not sure why the Jackets would be adding a UFA to be, so it doesn't really make sense to me. But anything is possible, I guess.

Old
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
any trade for Iginla that involves an existing prospect or draft pick is just a waste. only smart move for him is involving roster players that are considered moveable. if that isn't enough then so be it. trading for a 34-year old forward and giving away the future makes NO sense.

the salary cap will ensure that Iginla can only be traded for roster players. there is no other way to absorb his contract and still stay under the cap.

Old
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
the salary cap will ensure that Iginla can only be traded for roster players. there is no other way to absorb his contract and still stay under the cap.
Wrong

Old
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Actually just getting back on point but whatever spins your wheels.

You seem to be going after me a lot only because I am critical of this team (and specifically DL) and have been pretty much been proven correct so far. I suggest you take a step back and not be so sensitive to those that have a different opinion than yourself.
You speak and the people listen. We are all your students.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I saw Dancing Boy allude to something concerning that as well, made a quip about Simmonds in response to what Wayne had to say about Philly being a better hockey town than LA. Something about LA having better drugs than Philly. Make of it what you will.
So what did Barry follow the guy around town? or sneak up to their house and look into the window at night?

**** that guy all he is is a drama queen and rumor mongerer. I take absolutely zero from what he says. He is as bad as Philly media just making **** up.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

question, it appears that loktionov and voynov have been healthy scratches lately? true? if so, why and is everyone alright with that or do y'all think they should be in the lineup?

Old
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanimal8 View Post
question, it appears that loktionov and voynov have been healthy scratches lately? true? if so, why and is everyone alright with that or do y'all think they should be in the lineup?
Voynov was brutal in the Boston game so it was somewhat justified.. Loktionov has not been able to contribute on the scoresheet so I don't feel bad about him sitting either.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Wrong
How so? of course, the Kings could add picks/prospects but unless there are multiple trades, the Kings HAVE to give up about the same amount of salary that Iginla is making.

You see it differently?

Old
12-18-2011, 09:15 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanimal8 View Post
with voynov we do have 8 defenseman so i can understand he's scratched to get other players playing.

with lotki, he's been brutal the last few games.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
with voynov we do have 8 defenseman so i can understand he's scratched to get other players playing.

with lotki, he's been brutal the last few games.
ah i see.....just wondering b/c i like both of their games, especially voynov.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:46 PM
KingLB

Quote:
How so? of course, the Kings could add picks/prospects but unless there are multiple trades, the Kings HAVE to give up about the same amount of salary that Iginla is making.

You see it differently?
Its not a could situation, its a would have to. If Iggy is traded, its for a rebuild, not a reload/retool, so yea the Kings might have to send some dumps (Stoll/Penner) but the meat of the deal would be picks/prospects. Calgary doesn't need more Stajan's/Borque's/Hagmans/Jok's like all their previous deals...

Old
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
tomd

Quote:
Its not a could situation, its a would have to. If Iggy is traded, its for a rebuild, not a reload/retool, so yea the Kings might have to send some dumps (Stoll/Penner) but the meat of the deal would be picks/prospects. Calgary doesn't need more Stajan's/Borque's/Hagmans/Jok's like all their previous deals...
That's fine...it just can't be picks/prospects only. I don't see Calgary taking salary dumps in a deal for Iginla though.

Old
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Quote:
That's fine...it just can't be picks/prospects only. I don't see Calgary taking salary dumps in a deal for Iginla though.
and my point is if DL trades ANY picks or prospects for Iginla or any other 30+ year old forward, then all his 'build from within' has become bs. once he starts trading away the long-term future of the club, if i was TL i would be pulling the plug on DL.

i hope to god that AEG is beginning to put together a plan for post-DL rather than waiting. i've been a supporter of dean all along, but this whole thing is spiraling out of control.

Old
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Voynov was brutal in the Boston game so it was somewhat justified.. Loktionov has not been able to contribute on the scoresheet so I don't feel bad about him sitting either.
both were shaky as of late. personally i think it's a good thing for young guys like them to sit out occasionally. serves as a very good teaching tool to sit back and watch. it's also going to keep them hungry to be in the line up.

Old
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
tomd

Quote:
and my point is if DL trades ANY picks or prospects for Iginla or any other 30+ year old forward, then all his 'build from within' has become bs. once he starts trading away the long-term future of the club, if i was TL i would be pulling the plug on DL.

i hope to god that AEG is beginning to put together a plan for post-DL rather than waiting. i've been a supporter of dean all along, but this whole thing is spiraling out of control.
DL is trying to save his job at this point and will do ANYTHING in a blind pursuit to sneak into the playoffs. Notice that the charts and graphs have disappeared. Why? Except for the top 2 center spots, they look worse than they did 3-4 years ago.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:05 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

I agree, now is not the time to change course. I think this is a real rough patch that the Kings are going through and for the first time in Lombardi's tenure as GM the team is not meeting my expectations. I would hope Leiweke is smart enough to realize that trading young talent for aging stars that are past their prime is not the answer and would not allow it. I don't think Dean is the kind of GM that would do those kind of deals though.

Quote:
DL is trying to save his job at this point and will do ANYTHING in a blind pursuit to sneak into the playoffs. Notice that the charts and graphs have disappeared. Why? Except for the top 2 center spots, they look worse than they did 3-4 years ago.
The only evidence you would present in making such a case is the Richards trade and most people here aren't swayed by that argument at all considering Richards' age and contract.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
KingLB

Quote:
You think LOLbabera is/was better than Quick? Or that the Defense was better?

Old
12-19-2011, 03:30 AM
markisonfire

I say now, more than ever, we really try to trade for Iginla.

I'm thinking Penner/Williams, Loktionov, Bernier, and maybe a pick for Iginla.

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Richardson - Stoll - Lewis
Clifford - Fraser - Westgarth

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Martinez - Greene

Quick

With that said, take Kopitar off the penalty kill. Have Richards - Gagne, Stoll - Lewis, and Fraser - Richardson on the penalty kill.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:36 AM
bobafettish*

i thought before the offseason that iginla or an elite player like him is what this team needed to put us over the top. but we need much more than that, an overhaul in our bottom 6 a 1st and a second line winger that can score.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Jebus
That boulder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
What I like about Voynov is that he was brutal while trying to do too much in that Boston game. I'd rather see a young defensemen's weaknesses get exposed trying to do too much rather than just being unable to keep up with the game. I think there were some positives you can take from game regarding Voynov.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:04 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i thought before the offseason that iginla or an elite player like him is what this team needed to put us over the top. but we need much more than that, an overhaul in our bottom 6 a 1st and a second line winger that can score.
I don't disagree. I think that Williams is part of the problem as well. He has underachieved every year that he's been with us; we can't make any more excuses. Same with Gagne so far, as much as I hate to say it.

Perhaps we could trade Williams and Lewis to Carolina for Ruutu and Sutter? Or maybe Williams and Voynov to Columbus for Umberger? I still think Clutterbuck is a guy we should go after for our bottom six, too. But whatever.

Hell, we can even trade Brown. His leadership has gotten us to two first round exits from the playoffs (not all his fault, though) and an embarrassment of a season so far. He barely hits anymore (and never are they exciting hits) and he has six goals in 32 games. That's a 15 goal pace for the season from our captain. Hell, at this rate, Kopitar's on pace for 25 and Richards is the only player on our team on pace for more than 30 goals.

Iginla could be the top line sniper that this team needs. With Iginla and Richards on your team, there won't be a leadership problem.

So, let's say this could happen. We trade Penner, Loktionov, Bernier, and a 2nd for Iginla. We trade Williams and Lewis for Ruutu and Sutter. We trade Stoll and Voynov for Clutterbuck.

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Gagne - Richards - Ruutu
Richardson - Sutter - Clutterbuck
Clifford - Fraser - Westgarth
Hunter

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Martinez - Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Zatkoff

Roster size: 22
Salary cap: $64,300,000
Cap payroll: $62,425,476
Cap space: $1,874,524

Just a (crazy) thought.

Last edited by markisonfire: 12-19-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old
12-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I still think Clutterbuck is a guy we should go after for our bottom six, too. But whatever.

Iginla could be the top line sniper that this team needs. With Iginla and Richards on your team, there won't be a leadership problem.

So, let's say this could happen. We trade Penner, Loktionov, Bernier, and a 2nd for Iginla. We trade Williams and Lewis for Ruutu and Sutter. We trade Stoll and Voynov for Clutterbuck.
Clutterbuck while i would like for LA to acquire him isn't happening at this point. MIN leading the league isn't going to rock that boat. to get him will require overpayment, especially now.

Iginla - trading Bernier and a draft pick for him makes no sense. Mortgage the future for a guy that will fill a role for this season and next at best. a 36-yr old forward at $7M through 2012-13 is a bit much. No way do you do this. Trading JB and 2nd for anything better get you somebody south of 30 imo.

it's definitely time to re-roll the roster in LA after BBF gets a few months with them. the one and only thing i like about his hiring is he will kick them in the ass and give them a sense of accountability and urgency. after that i don't care for him and will only in time wear out his welcome and piss guys off.

once the BBF 'gut check' is completed is when the team needs to review it's roster and fill the holes. the bottom six needs to be revamped completely. the LW-RW's on the top 2 lines, need to be re-evaluated and upgraded. this team needs speed and skill, two critical components a hockey team needs. as of now they have no speed and a severe shortage of skill.

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 12-19-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old
12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

It's not a waste. I don't do it this year, largely because we have bigger fish to fry right now, but if we were only one piece away in DL's eye (which I hope he doesn't think that now) you go out make the deal. I'd rather see us go for it if we are one piece away than protect the future. We've only been close once in 44 years. If DL thinks he got us to the point where we are close again, kudos to him and go ahead, balls out man.

Quote:
At the trade deadline, if we send down one of Voynov/Loktionov, yes we could take on Iggy without sending salary the other way.

That said, it's almost a guarantee Calgary would want a roster player in return, even if it was just a depth guy like Richardson. Most of the time deals for elite players, rentals or not, involve a roster player going the other way (see Armstrong in the Hossa trade or Oduya in the Kovalchuk trade).

Closed Thread