HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Dexter / Homeland Finales

Old
12-18-2011, 04:53 PM
ApeZilla

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
OT - Dexter / Homeland Finales

Who is pumped?

Dexter has been an eh season, it would be cool if they ended it well.

Homeland came out of nowhere, but is easily the top new show of the last 3 years, and anyone who isn't watching it is missing out.

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM
cheesesteak

I reallly like them, and yea Homeland came out of nowhere. Homeland finale is 90 minutes too

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
ApeZilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I reallly like them, and yea Homeland came out of nowhere. Homeland finale is 90 minutes too
I know, and no commercials. so that is a full extra 1/2 hour of programming.

****ing jam

Old
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM
cheesesteak

Hell on Wheels is another good new show that came out on AMC.

Old
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM

vCash: 50
As you can tell from my choice of sport to follow, i'm a bit of an Amerophile and this extends to television too. Love Lost, Dexter, Californication, Community (RIP), Modern Family, Parks & Rec and so on, everything I watch is from Yank Productions Inc! I'm definitely going to have to go for a look at Homeland. Is it good from the start or does it take some time to warm up like The Wire?

It has been a disappointing season for Dexter, but then where can they take it in the sixth season when everything before has been so utterly awesome? I truly hope the finale tonight has someone, anyone finding out what he is and not getting killed. Deb would be a dream.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Homeland is ridiculously good. I thought it lost some steam after episode 8 but last weeks was killer thanks to a massive performance from claire daines.

i don't pay for TV and watch it on a pirate site the next day, so i can't wait for tomorrow! lol

i am a full season+ behind on Dexter but i really like the show, got started on it late.

hell on wheels i am saving up. i liked the first episode but was waiting for the season to wrap and marathon it.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:28 PM
ApeZilla

To the fellow asking about the speed of the show. Homeland is a psychological thriller - therefore, intense scenes can sometimes just be dialog. There is some action, but it's sporadic, yet made all the more meaningful.

We also have 2 "main" characters or protagonists (and no real antagonist, we're thrown into the middle of 2 ends of the spectrum) but we as viewers know so little about them. It's acted masterfully and is a well made loose cannon, don't miss it and don't watch any trailers or anything, it will spoil the start of the show.

Last edited by ApeZilla: 12-18-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Hell on Wheels is another good new show that came out on AMC.
I've found this show to be awful

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
turkinaa

I've been watching Dexter for several years and I have found this season to be too predictable. I suggest reading the Dexter books though. They are very good (on book 6 now).

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
ApeZilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
I've been watching Dexter for several years and I have found this season to be too predictable. I suggest reading the Dexter books though. They are very good (on book 6 now).
It really is not that great of a season. Some people were so shocked about Gellar, when myself and others I know guessed that in week 3/4. Colin hanks is ok, but it's close to over-acting. I hate how easy it is for Dexter now, there is no real threat to being a serial killer atm. He's just getting tracked down and in trouble by other murderers. I miss Doakes and Lundy being suspicious, Deb loving Dex is a yawn every time I see it, and I just do not give a **** about Quinn. every time he is on camera lately I might as well mute the tv.

Old
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
What don't you like about it?

Old
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
I liked the first episode or two, but it's been pretty downhill since. I'll give it the rest of the season to pick back up.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeZilla View Post
It really is not that great of a season. Some people were so shocked about Gellar, when myself and others I know guessed that in week 3/4. Colin hanks is ok, but it's close to over-acting. I hate how easy it is for Dexter now, there is no real threat to being a serial killer atm. He's just getting tracked down and in trouble by other murderers. I miss Doakes and Lundy being suspicious, Deb loving Dex is a yawn every time I see it, and I just do not give a **** about Quinn. every time he is on camera lately I might as well mute the tv.
I knew what happened to Gellar since half-way through episode one. I won't post any spoilers, but if you notice how they love to parallel Dexter onto the major "evil" characters it was pretty clear. Plus as long as there is a next season nothing will ever happen to Dexter. I thought it would be funny for next season they reveal Angel is a mass-murder who kills his ex-wives/girlfriends.

You might like the books, no Lundy (whom I actually liked in the show), no Quinn (I disliked him since the first time he was on camera), and no Deb <3 Dexter BS. The show only followed the first book about half way (the first episode is the first half of the book) and then went off into it's almost own thing (except for a few key points).

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
^^ This.

I'd also like to add that this season is/was full of one episode tangents with no other real purpose other than to create more episodes. The most blinding example of this is the 'Nebraska' episode. A not so obvious example of this, I would argue, was the entire "Brother Sam" thing. I really felt like they could have done more with it. Basically the entire Season was for the last 2 minutes of the final episode, which you will DEFINITELY see coming.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

I just finished watching the Homeland Finale and man it was awesome. My new favorite show!! Of course they leave the last episode of the year like that making me need to know what happens next!! I guess I will just have to wait until next year. Show is absolutely a thriller! 10 stars out of 10

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:02 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
^^ This.

I'd also like to add that this season is/was full of one episode tangents with no other real purpose other than to create more episodes. The most blinding example of this is the 'Nebraska' episode. A not so obvious example of this, I would argue, was the entire "Brother Sam" thing. I really felt like they could have done more with it. Basically the entire Season was for the last 2 minutes of the final episode, which you will DEFINITELY see coming.
I agree with the last statement. The Brother Sam thing was in line with the religious theme of the season, but it could have been done much better. The intern and the final two minutes sets up well for next season. Trinity was the best season by far IMO and they will struggle to match that until the series ending, which, whenever it will be should be interesting.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
How much time should be allow before actually talking about these series? I hate to give away spoilers. Maybe we can attach a "warning : spoilers" to the title.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote