HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

So how's Brind'Amour playing?

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
BrindA17

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
So how's Brind'Amour playing?

Flyers and Brind'Amour fan here...

I'm just dropping by to say that I'm glad your 'Canes are playing so well thus far. I hope you guys can ride this success well into the playoffs. There's no team other than Philadelphia that I'd rather see succeed than Carolina.

Anyway, living near Philly I don't get to see many Hurricanes games, so I was wondering how Captain Rod has been playing? Are you guys satisfied with his performance? I noticed he is pulling off 23 points in just as many games, and I think that's awesome. Of course it's the new NHL and scoring has become more common, but it's still cool to see him racking up some numbers. I was just asking about what you think of him because numbers don't tell everything.

As for Staal: holy crap! You've got a gem of a player in him, which I'm sure you know very well . I must admit I'm very surprised. I didn't expect a year off to turn him into such a force on the ice. Even though he is a former top draft pick, I guess he kind of slipped under my radar .

I hope you guys are really enjoying this season, and best of luck to you throughout.

Old
12-08-2005, 10:15 PM
CanesRock

vCash: 500
Thanks! Brind'Amour is playing like he did when he was in his 20s. You can tell he feels good too. He is playing with tons of confidence and is showing a lot of moxy. Brind'Amour is deffinate a huge part of this team's success and is one of the fan favorites. Not just because of the points he is producing, but because he is one of the hardest working players I have ever seen on the ice. The guy is a machine and from what the papers have said about him, he deffinately came ready to play this season.

As far as Staal goes...I am speachless. The kid, and thats what he is at just 21, is freaking unbelievable. What a difference a year in the AHL has made.

You guys in Philly seem to be a little injury plagued. Hopefully Foresburg can get back in the lineup soon (I have him and Gange on my fantasy team). When the Canes aren't on TV, I usually watch Philly on center ice. You have some real exciting players there in Carter and Richards. I look forward to the Cane vs. Flyers games coming up. Of course, we will be winning those .

Closed Thread