HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letter from Molson (French)

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Optimus Price

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Yes it is ignorant, you heard me right. Quebec is a part of Canada, and a part of North America: a predominantly *ENGLISH* speaking territory.

Leave Quebec only knowing French and discover the joys of not being able to communicate with anyone outside of countries where French is a notable language.

Unbelievable, really.
I don't even know where to start and what to answer to that. Wow. Just...wow.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
What an ignorant statement. Clearly, you've never traveled out of the West Island.

Go back and read again. I live in Outremont, where the real French reside.

The real ignorance is thinking that you only need to know French. I wonder why most NHL players speak English...

Old
12-19-2011, 04:22 PM
HCH

I feel badly for Cunneyworth. Before he is given even the smallest of chances to prove himself the entire media world and half the politicians are all over him. Or is it half the media world and all the politicians?

He will be judged on every goal, every line change and every penalty. No mistake will be overlooked or forgiven. A record equal to that of Jacques Martin would be deemed a failure.

I doubt he will last beyond the end of the season regardless of the outcome. How many of us could come to work each day with our heads held high and put in a good effort with this kind of negativity hanging over us. I know it would be difficult for me. Yet he seems eager to take up the challenge.

I am not saying he is the best answer to permanently replace Martin. He is the interim coach. For some, failure would be the best result because replacing him could be justified. For others, success would be the best result because it has been a long time since the Canadiens achieved anything more than moral victories.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
I don't even know where to start and what to answer to that. Wow. Just...wow.
There is nothing to answer because it's the truth. Why do you think English is the most spoken language in the world (outside of Chinese, but that's mostly in Asia)?

Old
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
If people want to discuss the content of Molson's letter, they can do so in the management/coaching change topic. Otherwise, I see no reason to have this debate here.

Closed Thread