HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this what Lowe has been waiting for?

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 10:55 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Is this what Lowe has been waiting for?

So Zetterberg is out 4-6 weeks after a slash from Allen in Vancouver last night (same guy that slashed Smyth) and Savard is out for 2 months too (www.tsn.ca)

I have a feeling that there will be some new and interesting offers landing on Lowe's desk in the near future. This is why he has waited so long. A few of these teams with injuries are going to get desperate and start a bidding war for Comrie. Then Lowe gets to make his choice.

LA, Detroit, Atlanta, start your bidding...

Old
11-04-2003, 10:57 AM
barto

Sure, there were quite a few people suggesting that teams wouldn't be as willing to trade in the first 8-10 games of the season until they saw how their guys were actually playing, or with injuries to key guys. This definitely should help Lowe get a better offer or two, but we still don't know just HOW good the offers really are...!

Bart

Old
11-04-2003, 10:59 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
So Zetterberg is out 4-6 weeks after a slash from Allen in Vancouver last night (same guy that slashed Smyth) and Savard is out for 2 months too (www.tsn.ca)

I have a feeling that there will be some new and interesting offers landing on Lowe's desk in the near future. This is why he has waited so long. A few of these teams with injuries are going to get desperate and start a bidding war for Comrie. Then Lowe gets to make his choice.

LA, Detroit, Atlanta, start your bidding...
Still don't think either of those teams will make offers that are anywhere near enough. What I hope is goin on right now is Lowe is on the phone talkin to MC, not Rich, but MC. Highly doubt it though. Maybe this can go like the Gaborik thing, and Comrie can just take care of it himself.

Also, has anyone thought of the role MacT might be playin in this? A few people have some theories that maybe he doesn't want Comrie on the team...

Old
11-04-2003, 11:25 AM
jofa

I admit I haven't seen either of the slashes to Smyth or to Zetterberg, but if it is the same person (Allen), somebody has to teach him a little player-to-player respect. My choice is Laraque. He could have a nice little discussion about stickwork, broken bones and star players.

Seriously though, stickwork and slashing is getting way out of hand. Allen's not going to have a very enjoyable career if he keeps this crap up.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofa
I admit I haven't seen either of the slashes to Smyth or to Zetterberg, but if it is the same person (Allen), somebody has to teach him a little player-to-player respect. My choice is Laraque. He could have a nice little discussion about stickwork, broken bones and star players.

Seriously though, stickwork and slashing is getting way out of hand. Allen's not going to have a very enjoyable career if he keeps this crap up.

The same guy took out Hatcher for 6 months.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:42 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

K someone needs to chat with him, I say Laraque gives him a nice Welcome to the NHL speech.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
K someone needs to chat with him, I say Laraque gives him a nice Welcome to the NHL speech.
Last time we played the Nucks...The conversation went like this:

BG: "Drop em. Let's go"

Allen: "Fine...whatever...I'm big...I can take care of myself"

BG: left...left...left...left...left...

Allen: (buries his head in Georges chest...waits for the beating to stop)

Allen got beat down by BG last time we played them...Allen looked EXTREMELY disinterested in fighting BG, and he got schooled. You'd think that would teach him a lesson or something eh?

Players like that get theirs. They always do.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:49 AM
jofa

Quote:
Are you serious? Hatcher, Smyth and Zetterberg? Is this guy trying to see how many careers he can de-rail? He's just some punk who has failed to live up to draft expectations, and now he's going around hacking the league's big names? This guy is sounding more and more pathetic, and hopefully either the league steps in or, more appropriately, some enforcers offer to teach him a lesson in respect. Crap like this ruins player's careers and damages the game overall... end of rant. for now.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Are you serious? Hatcher, Smyth and Zetterberg? Is this guy trying to see how many careers he can de-rail? He's just some punk who has failed to live up to draft expectations, and now he's going around hacking the league's big names? This guy is sounding more and more pathetic, and hopefully either the league steps in or, more appropriately, some enforcers offer to teach him a lesson in respect. Crap like this ruins player's careers and damages the game overall... end of rant. for now.
Agree 100%

The Nucks have a Gauthier on their hands ladies and gentlemen.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:54 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
ok, so he did ONE good thing...

Old
11-04-2003, 12:09 PM
The Major

Come on guys, lets be fair here, the Hatcher play was innocent, it happens every game and Hatcher happened to get seriously hurt, although I agree the Smyth slash was dirty and he will get what's coming to him.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:12 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
ok, so he did ONE good thing...

So what's the big deal? Hatcher ended another player's season with a dirty play?
...err...sorry...Hatcher's a victim this time. Honest mistake.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
So what's the big deal? Hatcher ended another player's season with a dirty play?
...err...sorry...Hatcher's a victim this time. Honest mistake.

Someone needing to shake off some posting rust, I see.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:20 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12

Someone needing to shake off some posting rust, I see.
He who spends countless threads FAnTaSIZING about Delta Burke ought not to point fingers.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:24 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

the Hatcher play was totally accidental... they collided, both fell, and Hatcher hurt his knee in the collision... could happen to any player, anytime.

the Zetterberg slash was also not a huge deal... might have been a 2min minor if anything - but wasn't even called... slashes like that happen all the time... count the number of times that you see your own Oiler players slashing with their sticks during a PK or defensive zone play...

Allen isn't exactly a dirty player... he plays tough, sometimes throws out the odd slash or high stick or elbow - not unlike any other player that plays a rough style... he takes his share of it as well.

but he's definitely a welcome addition to our blueline... we've been needing a tough dman with a mean streak back there for a while.

I'm sure being Oiler fans, you guys will love to hate him more and more!! but as a Canuck fan, that's something that I want to see... the more you hate him, the more I know he's doing his job!

Old
11-04-2003, 12:27 PM
bone

vCash: 705
Quote:

Laraque did take him on in pre-season, but I never listened to that game, so I don't know what really happened there

http://nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/h...s/GS010092.HTM

Old
11-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
He who spends countless threads FAnTaSIZING about Delta Burke ought not to point fingers.
WHAT??

LD's the one with the shrine devoted to her, not me!

Old
11-04-2003, 12:44 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
WHAT??

LD's the one with the shrine devoted to her, not me!
filthy lies... i have no idea what you're talking about... freak!

Old
11-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Hemsky4PM

Nice to see this thread hasn't degenerated into another Comrie trade rumor debacle.

Af far as Lowe's phone...we'll see.
The only guy the Oilers would want for Comrie would be Datsyuk. Offense for offense doesn't help the Wings all that much.

Maybe Adam Oates' phone will be ringing more than Lowes?

Old
11-04-2003, 12:48 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
the Hatcher play was totally accidental... they collided, both fell, and Hatcher hurt his knee in the collision... could happen to any player, anytime.

the Zetterberg slash was also not a huge deal... might have been a 2min minor if anything - but wasn't even called... slashes like that happen all the time... count the number of times that you see your own Oiler players slashing with their sticks during a PK or defensive zone play...

Allen isn't exactly a dirty player... he plays tough, sometimes throws out the odd slash or high stick or elbow - not unlike any other player that plays a rough style... he takes his share of it as well.

but he's definitely a welcome addition to our blueline... we've been needing a tough dman with a mean streak back there for a while.

I'm sure being Oiler fans, you guys will love to hate him more and more!! but as a Canuck fan, that's something that I want to see... the more you hate him, the more I know he's doing his job!
Even if the Hatcher play was accidental (which is what it looks like) He has still managed to injure 2 other players in the span of a month because of his slashing...

that, IMO, is more than a coincidence.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:49 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Maybe Adam Oates' phone will be ringing more than Lowes?
i think that is almost a guarantee... i predicted earlier this season that we would see hull & oates for one more year.

prediction: wings sign oates for 2.5 million within the next 2 weeks.

Closed Thread