HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

buf-was trade thought

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2005, 06:02 AM
  #1
justdanickoftime*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
buf-was trade thought

buf gets
semin
mike green
second round pick 06




was gets
mika Noronen
chris drury


washington gets a goalie that can replace kolzig in a year or two, and a center that can play with AlexO. Sabres get a really good sniper in semin and a really good D prospect in Green.

justdanickoftime* is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 06:33 AM
  #2
Taranis_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanickoftime
buf gets
semin
mike green
second round pick 06




was gets
mika Noronen
chris drury


washington gets a goalie that can replace kolzig in a year or two, and a center that can play with AlexO. Sabres get a really good sniper in semin and a really good D prospect in Green.
This one has no chance... Maybe if you toss in Vanek and take out the WAS 2nd rounder and throw in one of your top-to-mid D prospects. There is just really no need for Drury, he and Halpern are similar in their type of play.

Taranis_24 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 07:56 AM
  #3
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2
 
signalIInoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Latveria
Country: Denmark
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis_24
This one has no chance... Maybe if you toss in Vanek and take out the WAS 2nd rounder and throw in one of your top-to-mid D prospects. There is just really no need for Drury, he and Halpern are similar in their type of play.
I like Halpern, and you're right that their play is similar, but Drury is just plain better at it.

No chance that Vanek goes to Washington for that kind of package. It would take Eminger + Semin, and I don't see Eminger moving.

Noronen for Semin straight up could work, if Buffalo wants to take the risk on such a headcase. A talented headcase, but headcase nonetheless. Otherwise Noronen for the 2nd.

signalIInoise is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
  #4
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise

Noronen for Semin straight up could work, if Buffalo wants to take the risk on such a headcase. A talented headcase, but headcase nonetheless. Otherwise Noronen for the 2nd.
Agreed.

Corto is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 10:32 AM
  #5
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
I really don't see the urgency here... Buffalo is doing very well, and Washington isn't necessarily trying to do well, right now. Cynically, I think the Capitals are playing their way to drafting a center to play with Ovechkin.

...and lacking urgency, it behooves the Caps to simply wait on Semin's two years of military service to expire (Fall 2006), and he'll come over of his own volition.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 11:18 AM
  #6
borro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
I like Halpern, and you're right that their play is similar, but Drury is just plain better at it.

No chance that Vanek goes to Washington for that kind of package. It would take Eminger + Semin, and I don't see Eminger moving.

Noronen for Semin straight up could work, if Buffalo wants to take the risk on such a headcase. A talented headcase, but headcase nonetheless. Otherwise Noronen for the 2nd.
As a Caps fan i would not even consider Noronen for Semin. Might be a fair deal in some minds. Semin is a #2 forward for us and Noronen doesn't get that. To make the deal worse you add Green, who projects as a #2-#3 dman. This is a no go in any way. I would consider AO, Semin, Fehr, Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Pokulok, Schultz, Halpern(captain), and Kolzig at this point as not going to be traded. Kolzig may ask for a trade later in the year, but looks likely to stay here and resign here. Washington seems to have given him the privilege to dictate whether he wants to be traded.

borro is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
  #7
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2
 
signalIInoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Latveria
Country: Denmark
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
As a Caps fan i would not even consider Noronen for Semin. Might be a fair deal in some minds. Semin is a #2 forward for us and Noronen doesn't get that. To make the deal worse you add Green, who projects as a #2-#3 dman. This is a no go in any way. I would consider AO, Semin, Fehr, Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Pokulok, Schultz, Halpern(captain), and Kolzig at this point as not going to be traded. Kolzig may ask for a trade later in the year, but looks likely to stay here and resign here. Washington seems to have given him the privilege to dictate whether he wants to be traded.
Fair enough -- though Semin is a #2 forward in absentia, and may never come over. All things being equal, Noronen for Semin would be a STEAL for Buffalo -- but all things are not equal, and I doubt we'll ever see Semin in a Caps sweater again. If this trade were to happen (and it won't) Buffalo gives up an asset for a roll of the dice. You're not likely to get a better deal for such a p.i.t.a. as Semin has turned out to be.

signalIInoise is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
  #8
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Yeah doesn't make much common sense for the caps to trade away some of their better prospects right now..would be different if we were farther along in the rebuild and had a more established team. Though the trade for a goalie is in the right direction as the caps are going to need some to address depth in that area.

usiel is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
  #9
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 50
Kolzig likes being in Washington. The Caps don't have anyone better to replace him, and they can afford him. Kolzig will be a Capital for a while so there's no point in trading for a lesser netminder. That just leaves Drury, and I don't know if he's worth Semin and Green

misfit is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 12:58 PM
  #10
borro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
Fair enough -- though Semin is a #2 forward in absentia, and may never come over. All things being equal, Noronen for Semin would be a STEAL for Buffalo -- but all things are not equal, and I doubt we'll ever see Semin in a Caps sweater again. If this trade were to happen (and it won't) Buffalo gives up an asset for a roll of the dice. You're not likely to get a better deal for such a p.i.t.a. as Semin has turned out to be.
I disagree. We will see Semin in August. If he does not show up next year I'll agree with that. All indications (quotes we have seen) are he will and that he follows Caps scores and wants to be a Cap.

borro is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
  #11
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Green = by far best D (prospect) Caps have not playing with the team now
Semin = best scorer caps have not playing with the team right now
(He WILL be playing for the Caps next year..its a LOCK!)

Both very young on a rebuilding team.

Why would we add salary and trade away our best D and F prospects right now?

We wont win anytime soon so Drury would be gone by then anyhow. Also we have a TON of 3rd and 4th line character players (Clark, Halpern, Clymber, Sutherby, Bradley, Pettinger etc...)

Noronen is ok but Caps can find a goalie in the draft and most likely will resign Kolzig for 2 or 3 years while developing one.

NO WAY!

Tinordi24* is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
  #12
AEKaki
Registered User
 
AEKaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Greektown, MONTREAL
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
Green = by far best D (prospect) Caps have not playing with the team now
Semin = best scorer caps have not playing with the team right now
(He WILL be playing for the Caps next year..its a LOCK!)

It's a lock?
Did you call him personally and ask him?

AEKaki is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
  #13
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
It's a lock?
Did you call him personally and ask him?
As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with Sasha and he went ahead and purchased his one way plane ticket to Dulles Int for Nov 9, 2006.

BOOYAKASHA!

Tinordi24* is offline  
Old
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
  #14
Satan81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with Sasha and he went ahead and purchased his one way plane ticket to Dulles Int for Nov 9, 2006.

BOOYAKASHA!
November 9, 2006? What about the first month of the season? Oh, that's right, he gets to decide when he wants to come over, not the Caps.

Satan81 is offline  
Old
12-09-2005, 10:24 AM
  #15
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
November 9, 2006? What about the first month of the season? Oh, that's right, he gets to decide when he wants to come over, not the Caps.
Well, if you believe his claims, it's the Russian Army that gets to decide when he can come over, not the Caps.

November is allegedly when his two years of military service expires, and in theory that is when the military no longer has a claim on him. Whether the player or the RSL or the military or anyone else involved changes his or her tune before then is an open question... but if you choose to believe the player's story, he's kind of stuck. Gilded cage, to be sure, but he doesn't have the luxury of free will.

Shrug. We'll see. I wouldn't give up this package, myself, since there is no urgency for the Caps to add tremendous talent right now. Try to sign Kolzig to an extension late this season, draft a center in June, add a UFA or two in July, hope they can get Semin over in the Fall. That's how I'd like to see the team proceed.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
12-09-2005, 11:28 AM
  #16
CapitalPunishment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Country: Armenia
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Terrible trade.


Light years from being close

CapitalPunishment is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.