HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

buf-was trade thought

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2005, 06:02 AM
justdanickoftime*

vCash: 500
buf-was trade thought

buf gets
semin
mike green
second round pick 06

was gets
mika Noronen
chris drury

washington gets a goalie that can replace kolzig in a year or two, and a center that can play with AlexO. Sabres get a really good sniper in semin and a really good D prospect in Green.

Old
12-08-2005, 06:33 AM
Taranis_24

Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanickoftime
buf gets
semin
mike green
second round pick 06

was gets
mika Noronen
chris drury

washington gets a goalie that can replace kolzig in a year or two, and a center that can play with AlexO. Sabres get a really good sniper in semin and a really good D prospect in Green.
This one has no chance... Maybe if you toss in Vanek and take out the WAS 2nd rounder and throw in one of your top-to-mid D prospects. There is just really no need for Drury, he and Halpern are similar in their type of play.

Old
12-08-2005, 07:56 AM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis_24
This one has no chance... Maybe if you toss in Vanek and take out the WAS 2nd rounder and throw in one of your top-to-mid D prospects. There is just really no need for Drury, he and Halpern are similar in their type of play.
I like Halpern, and you're right that their play is similar, but Drury is just plain better at it.

No chance that Vanek goes to Washington for that kind of package. It would take Eminger + Semin, and I don't see Eminger moving.

Noronen for Semin straight up could work, if Buffalo wants to take the risk on such a headcase. A talented headcase, but headcase nonetheless. Otherwise Noronen for the 2nd.

Old
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise

Noronen for Semin straight up could work, if Buffalo wants to take the risk on such a headcase. A talented headcase, but headcase nonetheless. Otherwise Noronen for the 2nd.
Agreed.

Old
12-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I really don't see the urgency here... Buffalo is doing very well, and Washington isn't necessarily trying to do well, right now. Cynically, I think the Capitals are playing their way to drafting a center to play with Ovechkin.

...and lacking urgency, it behooves the Caps to simply wait on Semin's two years of military service to expire (Fall 2006), and he'll come over of his own volition.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:18 AM
borro

Quote:
I like Halpern, and you're right that their play is similar, but Drury is just plain better at it.

No chance that Vanek goes to Washington for that kind of package. It would take Eminger + Semin, and I don't see Eminger moving.

As a Caps fan i would not even consider Noronen for Semin. Might be a fair deal in some minds. Semin is a #2 forward for us and Noronen doesn't get that. To make the deal worse you add Green, who projects as a #2-#3 dman. This is a no go in any way. I would consider AO, Semin, Fehr, Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Pokulok, Schultz, Halpern(captain), and Kolzig at this point as not going to be traded. Kolzig may ask for a trade later in the year, but looks likely to stay here and resign here. Washington seems to have given him the privilege to dictate whether he wants to be traded.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
As a Caps fan i would not even consider Noronen for Semin. Might be a fair deal in some minds. Semin is a #2 forward for us and Noronen doesn't get that. To make the deal worse you add Green, who projects as a #2-#3 dman. This is a no go in any way. I would consider AO, Semin, Fehr, Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Pokulok, Schultz, Halpern(captain), and Kolzig at this point as not going to be traded. Kolzig may ask for a trade later in the year, but looks likely to stay here and resign here. Washington seems to have given him the privilege to dictate whether he wants to be traded.
Fair enough -- though Semin is a #2 forward in absentia, and may never come over. All things being equal, Noronen for Semin would be a STEAL for Buffalo -- but all things are not equal, and I doubt we'll ever see Semin in a Caps sweater again. If this trade were to happen (and it won't) Buffalo gives up an asset for a roll of the dice. You're not likely to get a better deal for such a p.i.t.a. as Semin has turned out to be.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Yeah doesn't make much common sense for the caps to trade away some of their better prospects right now..would be different if we were farther along in the rebuild and had a more established team. Though the trade for a goalie is in the right direction as the caps are going to need some to address depth in that area.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Kolzig likes being in Washington. The Caps don't have anyone better to replace him, and they can afford him. Kolzig will be a Capital for a while so there's no point in trading for a lesser netminder. That just leaves Drury, and I don't know if he's worth Semin and Green

Old
12-08-2005, 12:58 PM
borro

Quote:
Fair enough -- though Semin is a #2 forward in absentia, and may never come over. All things being equal, Noronen for Semin would be a STEAL for Buffalo -- but all things are not equal, and I doubt we'll ever see Semin in a Caps sweater again. If this trade were to happen (and it won't) Buffalo gives up an asset for a roll of the dice. You're not likely to get a better deal for such a p.i.t.a. as Semin has turned out to be.
I disagree. We will see Semin in August. If he does not show up next year I'll agree with that. All indications (quotes we have seen) are he will and that he follows Caps scores and wants to be a Cap.

Old
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Tinordi24*

Green = by far best D (prospect) Caps have not playing with the team now
Semin = best scorer caps have not playing with the team right now
(He WILL be playing for the Caps next year..its a LOCK!)

Both very young on a rebuilding team.

Why would we add salary and trade away our best D and F prospects right now?

We wont win anytime soon so Drury would be gone by then anyhow. Also we have a TON of 3rd and 4th line character players (Clark, Halpern, Clymber, Sutherby, Bradley, Pettinger etc...)

Noronen is ok but Caps can find a goalie in the draft and most likely will resign Kolzig for 2 or 3 years while developing one.

NO WAY!

Old
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
Green = by far best D (prospect) Caps have not playing with the team now
Semin = best scorer caps have not playing with the team right now
(He WILL be playing for the Caps next year..its a LOCK!)

It's a lock?
Did you call him personally and ask him?

Old
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
It's a lock?
Did you call him personally and ask him?
As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with Sasha and he went ahead and purchased his one way plane ticket to Dulles Int for Nov 9, 2006.

BOOYAKASHA!

Old
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Satan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with Sasha and he went ahead and purchased his one way plane ticket to Dulles Int for Nov 9, 2006.

BOOYAKASHA!
November 9, 2006? What about the first month of the season? Oh, that's right, he gets to decide when he wants to come over, not the Caps.

Old
12-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
November 9, 2006? What about the first month of the season? Oh, that's right, he gets to decide when he wants to come over, not the Caps.
Well, if you believe his claims, it's the Russian Army that gets to decide when he can come over, not the Caps.

November is allegedly when his two years of military service expires, and in theory that is when the military no longer has a claim on him. Whether the player or the RSL or the military or anyone else involved changes his or her tune before then is an open question... but if you choose to believe the player's story, he's kind of stuck. Gilded cage, to be sure, but he doesn't have the luxury of free will.

Shrug. We'll see. I wouldn't give up this package, myself, since there is no urgency for the Caps to add tremendous talent right now. Try to sign Kolzig to an extension late this season, draft a center in June, add a UFA or two in July, hope they can get Semin over in the Fall. That's how I'd like to see the team proceed.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:28 AM
CapitalPunishment

Terrible trade.

Light years from being close

Closed Thread