HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Nahh Grigorenko!!

Bahh forget it, we will end drafting 11th 12th.. Unless, of course, Gauthier starts a firesale, what I wish from the bottom of my heart!! Well lets wait, reality check, it wont happen.. Unfortunately..

Habs are condamned for mediocrity.. I just cant see the light.. We are WAY too soft..

Dont know whats so bad with rebuilding, NHL rewards mediocrity, so lets pull a Pens or a Hawks rebuild..
I dont understand why we need to rebuild. The bruins never had to rebuild, the wings last time they sucked was in late 80s, the flyers and sharks are constantly two of the top teams without the need to suck.

We can be one of the top teams without sucking.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Are you an authority on barnyard sounds? It's wrong only in the sense that it's keyboarded in. If it were vocalized it would describe some of the posters' plaints to a tee.

So what's your point, you pedant, you prig? Is your post releevant to hockey?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The more I look into Cunneyworth's personnel management the less impressed I get.

Cunneyworth did cut his bench halfway through the third. The fourth line did not get a shift after that.

And by "fourth line", I really mean Leblanc-Eller-Kostitsyn. Trailing by one, Cunneyworth gave Blunden a shift with 2:24 to go. He left the ice with 2:04 to go. Apparently, this line was going to help tie the game.

This is Carbonneau management. Playing guys for "energy" rather than to win the game.
How about not having Kaberle on with one minute left?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lshap

I'm as pīssed off as anyone, but as usual, Boston couldn't outplay us. We just gave them the friggin' game with two ridiculous mistakes. Our defense has killed us time and time again. Tonight was P.K.'s turn to blow it. I know many of you love Emelin, but he's not the answer. Not yet. The reality is that he, along with every defenseman but Gorges, has been erratic. Our D has been far less accurate on the forechecking and has killed our PP with its inexperience.

Offensively, we have plenty of great set-up men, but very few finishers. Plekanec has a decent shot and Cole can force his way in, but we're seeing the consequences of Cammalleri's lousy play and Gionta's absence. We have no sharpshooters to bury DD and Eller's setups. Pacioretty is good, but still learning. Andre has been InKonstitsyn.

So here we are, in a fast-maturing losing season. Not insurmountable, certainly, but as we continue to lose by the most frustrating of tiniest margins and win by the most desperate of tiniest margins, I'm wondering if we're capable of going on a winning streak and making up lost ground, or if this is our team - not quite good enough. Despite the emergence of Patch and Cole, and the improved play by Eller, we've somehow lost ground because last year's core - except for Plekanec - has left a hole where our scoring should be.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Are you an authority on barnyard sounds? It's wrong only in the sense that it's keyboarded in. If it were vocalized it would describe some of the posters' plaints to a tee.

So what's your point, you pedant, you prig? Is your post relevant to hockey?

Old
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Lshap

Here's our slogan for 2011/12:

There is no "W" in "Close"... but there is "lose".

Old
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The more I look into Cunneyworth's personnel management the less impressed I get.

Cunneyworth did cut his bench halfway through the third. The fourth line did not get a shift after that.

And by "fourth line", I really mean Leblanc-Eller-Kostitsyn. Trailing by one, Cunneyworth gave Blunden a shift with 2:24 to go. He left the ice with 2:04 to go. Apparently, this line was going to help tie the game.

This is Carbonneau management. Playing guys for "energy" rather than to win the game.
That's EXACTLY what Cunneyworth was saying during his presser. He never said anything about any scoring changes they got (one goal poast???), he just mentioned that he appreciated their "energy". Maybe he drives a Prius

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
He probably thought they were playing a good game, which they were, except that they were mostly playing well against the B's fourth line.
The big problem is that when a fourth line plays well, they hit guys after the puck's gone, don't give ground without a fight (but invariably do give ground), and otherwise bring lots of energy while not doing a whole lot to help their team win.

If Cunneyworth thinks that rewarding the appearance of hard work with icetime is sound coaching strategy, especially when a team is trying to pull out of a tailspin... we're FUBAR.

OTOH, that whole issue about the anglo coach may become moot.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Aurel Joliat

When they will relaize that the Habs need much more toughness ? It's a joke right now. I can't understand why Emelin did not play. I can't take this one.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I'm as pīssed off as anyone, but as usual, Boston couldn't outplay us. We just gave them the friggin' game with two ridiculous mistakes. Our defense has killed us time and time again. Tonight was P.K.'s turn to blow it. I know many of you love Emelin, but he's not the answer. Not yet. The reality is that he, along with every defenseman but Gorges, has been erratic. Our D has been far less accurate on the forechecking and has killed our PP with its inexperience.

Offensively, we have plenty of great set-up men, but very few finishers. Plekanec has a decent shot and Cole can force his way in, but we're seeing the consequences of Cammalleri's lousy play and Gionta's absence. We have no sharpshooters to bury DD and Eller's setups. Pacioretty is good, but still learning. Andre has been InKonstitsyn.

So here we are, in a fast-maturing losing season. Not insurmountable, certainly, but as we continue to lose by the most frustrating of tiniest margins and win by the most desperate of tiniest margins, I'm wondering if we're capable of going on a winning streak and making up lost ground, or if this is our team - not quite good enough. Despite the emergence of Patch and Cole, and the improved play by Eller, we've somehow lost ground because last year's core - except for Plekanec - has left a hole where our scoring should be.
We know all that. Your observations are correct but superfluous.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

At this point I'm almost ready to get "GRIGORENKO" stitched to the back of my Habs jersey.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Guy!

ACF's game review. Thanks for reading!

http://aconcernedfan.com/?p=87

Guy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Was Lars Eller happy tonight?
This made me Be sure you will chastised, don't you know that Lars is a boss, a stud, and a thug.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

I wonder does this team have an ounce of leadership? Gionta as captain is a joke, the guy is just a mercenary who couldn't give two ****s about this team. No one leads this team and no one calls anyone else out, it is just a bunch of guys punching the clock and putting in their time. No cohesion at all. We are now under .500 and will have to play well above our heads just to make the playoffs. Get ready to miss this year while toronto might just make it LOL

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
How about not having Kaberle on with one minute left?
Campoli-Diaz over Kaberle-Subban? Yeah, I noticed. Silly, I thought, but that's one occurrence, not a systematic pattern.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
sheed36

Quote:

Funny thing is I'm not even pissed off about losing this game to the Bruins.. That's what usually happens when you expect to lose and you do..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
We know all that. Your observations are correct but superfluous.
I needed to vent my thoughts; I'll notify you when I'm aiming for the big illuminating post.

However, I thought my slogan idea was cute.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:41 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Nah.

Cunneyworth is being set up for failure. Started with Gauthier giving Cunneyworth an Assistant Coach with no experience. Continued today with the press release from Molson stating that Cunneyworth is nothing but an interim coach. Followed by Carriere consulting with Cunneyworth during the game (that had to be a helluva conversation with a non-coach instructing Cunneyworth ) and a game with Martinesque moves.

No, not going to ask for Cunneyworth to be fired. Your leader, Gauthier, is the engineer of all of this bull **** we watched tonight.
come on man, assistant coach... carriere's effect on the team is most likely minute. blame gauthier fine, i blame him too. but shelf your 'fire carriere' bit, it makes no sense...

and i could point to the hypocrisy of you blaming carriere, an assistant coach, and wanting him fired, while blaming martin for everything, and not his assistant coaches, but whatever...

and wtf, "my leader, Gauthier"? ad hominem? come on....

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I wonder does this team have an ounce of leadership? Gionta as captain is a joke, the guy is just a mercenary who couldn't give two ****s about this team. No one leads this team and no one calls anyone else out, it is just a bunch of guys punching the clock and putting in their time. No cohesion at all. We are now under .500 and will have to play well above our heads just to make the playoffs. Get ready to miss this year while toronto might just make it LOL
Matthieu Darche should be captain, he is fluent in both english and french and plays 20 minutes per game.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHY LIE GUY View Post
I guess I'm in the minority for thinking Montreal played a pretty good game. Oh well.
I agree with you. I also think Cunneyworth coached a good game. The giveaways were just plain stupid and there is not coaching in the world that would have prevented those. Moen is a veteran, he knows not to do that, but he did. PK played a good game marred by that god awful inexcusable WTF is that giveaway. That's not on Cunneyworth. I like what he's doing and I'm sure over the next few games, how he adresses the f ups is going to dictate whether we move forward. JM would just bench. Cunney might approach it differently.

Gionta
Markov
White

I see them having an effect on tonight's outcome (although I think White's role was played effectively by Nokia, Darche and Blunden). We're better than this, we're better than this..

P.s. Without Thomas, we probably would have won IMO. He made some solid saves and was not on the receiving end of complete blunders. I really feel for Carey. I think he'd rather give PK a triple low 5 one way tonight.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:48 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
disagree

ps. I must be missing something cuz I haven't seen him for a single shift since this whole shakeup

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
come on man, assistant coach... carriere's effect on the team is most likely minute. blame gauthier fine, i blame him too. but shelf your 'fire carriere' bit, it makes no sense...

and i could point to the hypocrisy of you blaming carriere, an assistant coach, and wanting him fired, while blaming martin for everything, and not his assistant coaches, but whatever...

and wtf, "my leader, Gauthier"? ad hominem? come on....
And yet everyone was crying that Muller was a critical part of the team last season. Assistant coach is obviously an important position, or else it just wouldn't exist. Having someone there who never coached in his life is just laughable.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Funny thing is I'm not even pissed off about losing this game to the Bruins.. That's what usually happens when you expect to lose and you do..
Ask me early on game-day and maybe I'll intellectually concede a loss is likely. But ask me the moment the puck is dropped and my emotions can't see why this game isn't in the bag. I'm a calculating realist during the day and an optimistic idiot for 60 minutes of each and every game time.

I'm also happily married, which makes me wonder about uncomfortable correlations.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:54 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
I'm also happily married, which makes me wonder about uncomfortable correlations.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

When will Budaj play?

OK, I acknowledge that there is no way the Habs would be in the playoff picture if we don't play Price 70+ games. But even a goalie that plays 70+ games a season need one game off once in a while.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote