HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-19-2011, 09:56 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
In the final minute down a goal with Price pulled I thought I saw Cammy still on the bench.. This guy as fallen off the face of the earth and as been extremely disappointing this year..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I wonder does this team have an ounce of leadership? Gionta as captain is a joke, the guy is just a mercenary who couldn't give two ****s about this team. No one leads this team and no one calls anyone else out, it is just a bunch of guys punching the clock and putting in their time. No cohesion at all. We are now under .500 and will have to play well above our heads just to make the playoffs. Get ready to miss this year while toronto might just make it LOL
So after blaming everything including global warming on Jacques Martin's leadership for two years, under a new coach you're now attacking the players' leadership? The same players that Martin had to coach too.

I don't know what more Martin could have done with this team in all 3 years he coached the Habs. He did what he had to do with an offensively impotent team.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Not sure Cunney knows what he's doing. I understand they had the last call on line changes, but the line mismatch was just gross. The energy line was good at bringing energy but was played too often.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Craig71

Only 178 comments on a post game talk about a loss to the Bruins, it is clear people have stopped caring.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
disagree

ps. I must be missing something cuz I haven't seen him for a single shift since this whole shakeup
He hasn't done a thing this season, might aswell be mr. invisible. This is the guy that is supposed to lead the habs? What does he have to say about this disaster? Trade him away and he wouldn't bat an eye.

Remember Koivu. The guy who would run through a wall by himself to carry the habs? This is a pretty sad replacement, might aswell have gomez leading us for all gionta cares.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:12 PM
hockey8888

may be Subban wants to play 1st line center...I would give him a try considering how well he can carries the puck in the Goons teritory

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Not sure Cunney knows what he's doing. I understand they had the last call on line changes, but the line mismatch was just gross. The energy line was good at bringing energy but was played too often.
He gave Julien every opportunity to hammer DD and Nokie by starting them in the D zone often.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
In the final minute down a goal with Price pulled I thought I saw Cammy still on the bench.. This guy as fallen off the face of the earth and as been extremely disappointing this year..
Great pass on the Pleks goal. Hey, you have to see the positives here....I'm really on the verge of using moral victories...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Only 178 comments on a post game talk about a loss to the Bruins, it is clear people have stopped caring.
there is now empty seats on a regular basis at the Bell Centre.

Habs have lost 13 of last 18 at home .
Lost 5 pre season games also ...

When do you call a junker a junker?

I'm betting on 3000 empty seats in a few months at Bell Centre..lol
It's the wake up call management really needs.

18-19 years of zero success, yet ticket prices are at all time highs....

We turned into Toronto Maple Leafs

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
So after blaming everything including global warming on Jacques Martin's leadership for two years, under a new coach you're now attacking the players' leadership? The same players that Martin had to coach too.

I don't know what more Martin could have done with this team in all 3 years he coached the Habs. He did what he had to do with an offensively impotent team.
I think that it was never about just one man. That's more for the type of black or white people. It's often on the grey area. But it's less sexy to talk that way. Martin had his problems. But clearly so are the players. And personnally, it was more about Gauthier and the Habs philosophy than anything else. But the players themselves are not executing as they should. So it's more complete than anything else. So it's normal that for some people, they bash one group and then when eliminated they move to something else. I won't have to....I was already blaming everybody....

Old
12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

Martin had leadership? The only thing he was leading this team in was "Zzzz's caught while a game was on".

I criticized that clown for his style of play that killed this team early and never recovered. Maybe someone should explain to JM what a powerplay is, or how to practice it. JM didn't get fired because of some angry posts on a message board. RC is playing almost the same game as JM, did you expect something new?

This team has multiple problems, replacing Martin was a good step forward but 2 steps back if you just put in someone who plays the same style with less experience.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think that it was never about just one man. That's more for the type of black or white people. It's often on the grey area. But it's less sexy to talk that way. Martin had his problems. But clearly so are the players. And personnally, it was more about Gauthier and the Habs philosophy than anything else. But the players themselves are not executing as they should. So it's more complete than anything else. So it's normal that for some people, they bash one group and then when eliminated they move to something else. I won't have to....I was already blaming everybody....
It starts from the TOP down.

Anyone who put Carriere behind the bench as asst coach ,a guy who never coached in his life in NHL and born in 1952, i said enough .

Gauthier did NOTHING in Ottawa or with Ducks to write home about , some how we thought it was wise to give him the keys to the car lot?And we end up with 2 fired coaches ,and Carriere behind the bench.

He will turn Montreal ,into an expansion franchise quality team by end of year, will get a top pick...lol

What also scares me is, he sells at deadline, what will we get back in return????You get the feeling a short end of a stick .

Last edited by Habaneros: 12-19-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old
12-19-2011, 10:36 PM
patsbury

Has it ever happened Habs fired 2 coaches the same season? Because it is what should happen soon enough. The french one failed, the english one failed, time to try the cantonese one!

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Has it ever happened Habs fired 2 coaches the same season? Because it is what should happen soon enough. The french one failed, the english one failed, time to try the cantonese one!
They never hired this one. He's an interim coach. He wouldn't be fired likely, just moved back to assistant.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Martin had leadership? The only thing he was leading this team in was "Zzzz's caught while a game was on".

I criticized that clown for his style of play that killed this team early and never recovered. Maybe someone should explain to JM what a powerplay is, or how to practice it. JM didn't get fired because of some angry posts on a message board. RC is playing almost the same game as JM, did you expect something new?

This team has multiple problems, replacing Martin was a good step forward but 2 steps back if you just put in someone who plays the same style with less experience.
Very true

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Quote:
I think they would "demote" him back to assistant coach, after signing a new coach.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well the french vet one failed. The english NHL head coach rookie might fail. I'd go with something we've never used before. A totally overall rookie coach who has an english first name and a french last name. Larry Carrière is next!!!!

Somewhere, Don Lever is freakin piss. How come he never had the chance Cunneyworth had....

Old
12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
I think they would "demote" him back to assistant coach, after signing a new coach.
Doesn't the new coach would want to bring his own assistant coach?

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
They never hired this one. He's an interim coach. He wouldn't be fired likely, just moved back to assistant.
i read in the paper how a reporter said Cunny is like a substitute teacher.

Anyone that has attended school ,seen the difference how kids respect one vs the other differently .

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
there is now empty seats on a regular basis at the Bell Centre.

Habs have lost 13 of last 18 at home .
Lost 5 pre season games also ...

When do you call a junker a junker?

I'm betting on 3000 empty seats in a few months at Bell Centre..lol
It's the wake up call management really needs.

18-19 years of zero success, yet ticket prices are at all time highs....

We turned into Toronto Maple Leafs
Imagine if the Habs go 6 years without a playoff berth like the Leafs. It is the inability to lure top tier free agent players to Montreal that has been our downfall in the last few years, Daniel Briere, Gainey trying to sign the Sedins, Richards not wanting to come here and they had to sign somebody. I will call our UFA signings "sloppy seconds" if you will, most are complimentary players, 2nd liners at best on any top tier team. We have some good players developing no doubt, Pacioretty, Subban and Price but no superstar and most top NHL teams have at least 1. I think we will get a high draft pick this year and will miss the playoffs. The whole debate over an english coach is not doing any favors for any potential UFA deciding where to sign. Right now it's just an awful mess and hopefully God or Santa Claus will grant us a few wishes here in Montreal. Cheers.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Well the french vet one failed. The english NHL head coach rookie might fail. I'd go with something we've never used before. A totally overall rookie coach who has an english first name and a french last name. Larry Carrière is next!!!!

Somewhere, Don Lever is freakin piss. How come he never had the chance Cunneyworth had....
He is only one step away!!!!

All hail Larrry!!!

Old
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
patsbury

Quote:

I thought of that earlier, I was crying

Old
12-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Why Emelin didn't play in this game? I thought that Cunneyworth would have liked more grit in his lineup... Oh well, summer can come soon enough that we can clean this house.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:45 PM
76ftw

How we're only 2 points (1 win) back of 8th I don't know.

I think with luck we can get back into it, but we never seem to have luck on our side lol.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 499
Quote:

couldn't agree more with the last part

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote