HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs/Ducks/Oliers Proposal..

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 02:55 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

Sykora might help, but I think he'll be available for less later on in the year.
actually Sykora's trade value will be higher closer to the deadline when most of his salary is payed for and he is clearly just a playoff rental.

Old
12-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic

Oliers Get:
Abby
Sykora
Sauer

Oliers Give up
Rita
Conklin
Smith
Rita and Conklin are junk who are proving they don't belong in the league,Smith i like (but not that much)

Lowe would be GM of the year if he could pull this theft off

Old
12-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Pepper

Congratulations, this is the most balanced 3-way deal I've seen here in a long time.

Ducks probably want more for Giguere (or different type of assets atlest), Avs give quite a lot.

Oilers should throw in 2nd or something to balance this deal.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Kick Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnowman
Colorado gets jobbed.

Rita is a warm body and not much else. Giguere isn't really any better than Aebi, and to make that swap, the Avs would be giving up Wolski and a first in addition to taking on Giggy's contract?
Call me a Ducks homer, but you can't be serious when you say that "[G]iguere isn't really any better than Aebi. . . ." That would be like me saying that Tanguay really isn't any better than MacDonald.

Old
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
KL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Save
Call me a Ducks homer, but you can't be serious when you say that "[G]iguere isn't really any better than Aebi. . . ." That would be like me saying that Tanguay really isn't any better than MacDonald.
I don't know if you have noticed, but this isn't 02-03 anymore. Giguere is not the Smythe winner he once was.

He's better than Aebi, but not $4m a year good. There's a reason why you guys are going nuts to get rid of him. He's the second best goalie on your roster, making $4m a year.

Old
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
Rita and Conklin are junk who are proving they don't belong in the league,Smith i like (but not that much)

Lowe would be GM of the year if he could pull this theft off
Trading our 2nd best defencemen for 2 pieces of crap and a UFA rental would make Lowe the GM of the year? I'd be calling for his head.

Old
12-09-2005, 04:18 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnowman
I don't know if you have noticed, but this isn't 02-03 anymore. Giguere is not the Smythe winner he once was.
I don't know if you've noticed, but he's actually played quite well this season when he hasn't been injured.

Quote:
He's better than Aebi, but not $4m a year good. There's a reason why you guys are going nuts to get rid of him. He's the second best goalie on your roster, making $4m a year.
Who's going nuts to get rid of him? Only the typical HFBoards prospect-obsessed freaks who think two good weeks from Bryzgalov means he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Closed Thread