HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
so far we havent traded any assets so its not that bad and Pg is gone this summer
February 28 at 3 p.m. ET it ends.

Now these next 60 days or so , will be the most scary of our life since Houle.

Again it's fine to say trade this player(Cammy for example) but if we get back Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble ?

I don't trust Gauthier , he will get fleeced ,or at best make a wish wash move that really won't help.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:16 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
It starts from the TOP down.

Anyone who put Carriere behind the bench as asst coach ,a guy who never coached in his life in NHL and born in 1952, i said enough .

Gauthier did NOTHING in Ottawa or with Ducks to write home about , some how we thought it was wise to give him the keys to the car lot?And we end up with 2 fired coaches ,and Carriere behind the bench.

He will turn Montreal ,into an expansion franchise quality team by end of year, will get a top pick...lol

What also scares me is, he sells at deadline, what will we get back in return????You get the feeling a short end of a stick .
I seriously am beginning to believe that Gauthier is the Manchurian GM in the mold of the "Manchurian Candidate".

He is intentionally sabotaging the Canadiens and ensuring this team goes nowhere for another 18 years.

But he does speak very good French and looks suave and debonaire.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:19 PM
NewEraGM

Everyone relax

I absolutely HATE those who jump on every single bandwagon! Every game, 75% of you guys are saying "rebuild,rebuild, rebuild" and then we win a game 5-0 and you guys are like "omg omg DD is soooo goood. love that guy!!"

Everytime we get scored on, you guys exagerate. Its a good thing you guys don't play because whenever we lose a game or 5 games IN A ROW, you would throw in the towel.

I am not denying the fact that we do kind of suck right now. There is no need for a rebuild at all!!!!!! Learn to just trust! We have a good team that just hasn't gelled yet this season, for one reason or another.

All I am asking, is to stop being so ********** volatile when commenting on a game. You are becoming like french media *******

Everyone relax (as our boy would say)

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
so far we havent traded any assets so its not that bad and Pg is gone this summer
That's a good point but I fear what PG will do, clearly his firing of Martin was not very well thought out, throwing RC under the bus, allowing Kirk Muller to walk, I wonder what these guys are doing up in the press box, are they blind? He had to know that an english coach would turn the wrath of the fanbase off his and Gaineys poor decisons and squarely onto the shoulders of an innocent RC. He is a weasel and that is what I thought of him the first time I saw him, he hides in the shadoows and slithers in reluctantly to do his job and is not the man for Montreal. He bought some time by firing Martin. He was banking on the players to step up and win 4-5 straight for RC thus taking more focus off his own head, but guess what? It backfired and now he has a fanbase plus politicians and an entire province to deal with, good luck Mr Burns.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I seriously am beginning to believe that Gauthier is the Manchurian GM in the mold of the "Manchurian Candidate".

He is intentionally sabotaging the Canadiens and ensuring this team goes nowhere for another 18 years.

But he does speak very good French and looks suave and debonaire.
Just remember where Gauthier came from ....1981 to 1993 Nordiques...

Did they hate Habs?

He takes over Habs and make them softest team in Canadiens HISTORY....
To the point Habs ALUMNI are EMBARRASSED and say so in MEDIA !
Watches player get faces beat in .....claims and brags small players /big hearts .
GM of Habs in 2011(Mr Gauthier) ,has worst home start since 1938!!!! Reggie Houle couldn't even do that!!!

YET , he acquires KABERLE ..why? because he seen the players skating to the bench with there heads down on PP(his words).
So i guess he missed the nights habs skating to back to the bench with heads down with busted up faces ....yet he did jack .

Last edited by Habaneros: 12-19-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I think the new coach should chose his own assistants. I think assistants should never be imposed by the DG.
Thats probably better. I just hope a good coach gets hired.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Craig71

Patirck Roy is on the way as coach with Pierre Mcguire as GM. Put on your seatbelts people.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2275629/

Quote:
“It’s almost like its hurts too much to see us lose, so they’d rather not watch it happen,” is how one Habs player summed it up privately.

Quote:
The Habs’ early season viewership numbers revealed a 14-per-cent decline, there are tickets available on many game days (unheard of for most of the past half-decade).

The general level of enthusiasm both at the Bell Centre, where the team is a pitiful 5-7-6, and in the hockey hot-spots around town is several notches below fever pitch.

“It’s almost like its hurts too much to see us lose, so they’d rather not watch it happen,” is how one Habs player summed it up privately.

The paying public will tolerate stifling, defence-first hockey of the sort Martin and Cunneyworth, his former assistant, preach.

But the team better win.

By choosing to replace Martin with Cunneyworth, whose head coaching experience is in the minors, the GM is doubling down: same message, new messenger.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
King Kovalev

I remember back in the days when people here taught 60-70 points from Kovalev and Koivu was bad .. I cant help myself from laughing .. Some of you taught we were living in mediocrity back in those days... Mediocrity is coming my friends lol. Nobody on that 20M$ line is even going to reach 50 points and our star Dmen is crippled

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:45 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
How do you want Conneyworth to have any kind of grip on this team when the owner basically said he was gonna be fired this summer?? I thought G.Molson was a smart guy.. Guess I was wrong.. Very very stupid statement.. Conney has no more cridibility no matter the decision he will take..

That org. has really become a JOKE!!

Dude..

If Cunneyworth has a great record at the end of the year and did well in the playoffs, he will be re-signed.

If not, well, it's bye bye.

Simple as that, and that is a nice warning to him, to either get the team to win or you're gone soon.

I like it.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
i phoned ahead, and told PG better make a game of it in winnipeg, or he is going to get a boot up his ace.
How do you know he won't enjoy it. He looks the type.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:47 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

We need a real coach and we need to get rid of at least two of our midgets....and yes Emelin has to be a regular.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Patirck Roy is on the way as coach with Pierre Mcguire as GM. Put on your seatbelts people.
As crazy as it may sound, I'd be all for it to happen.

I predict that if Roy is the coach, he won't be as emotional as we think he would. The NHL is quite different from the LHJMQ.

And as for McGuire, yes he can be so creepy and a bit too obsessed but he has crazy good knowledge of players and he'd do anything to make his team win.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
I can't picture McGuire being hired for GM, (especially with Roy as his Coach... I think Roy would snap at him and break his kneck..LOL)

McGuire has solidified himself as a TV personality, it'll be hard to take him seriously (see endless weird youtube videos) and I think that's the biggest thing against him.

Hiring McGuire is a high risk move because it can make Molson look like a complete ass clown if it doesn't turn out.

Had McGuire stayed out of the lights, he'd be a bit more mysterious to us all, and perhaps that could of helped his chances... Fans would just know him as a hockey guy, and not the loud-mouth wanna be American commentator.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Kovalev was invisible tonight
he doesn't deserve to wear the C!

Saku is the only tRU Habs Capatin!

seriously, from Cunneyworth's first press conference he sounded like he had no real idea what he was doing

no actual strategy moving forward

"we're gonna work hard out there, and uhhh... work real hard"

Last edited by hackeyisneat: 12-20-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Cunneyworth
hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:58 PM
CrazyShea

Thank you for chasing Koivu from Montreal?

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Ginu

Quote:
I fear that we are heading back into the dark days that were the Rejean Houle era. Please God or Santa help us.
The difference is that it's our veterans that are playing below expectations now. Our youngsters are far better than anything we had at that time. Price, Pacioretty, PK, Eller, Desharnais, Emelin, Diaz and Leblanc all deserve to be here and are playing well. If we can unload the veterans we're fine. In those days, our team sucked top to bottom and we traded away any good pieces we did have for crap. That isn't the case now.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
P.K Subban needs to sit a a few games. He was the reason for two of the Bruins goals.
And put who in the lineup? Weber? Now that's funny

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:24 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I can't picture McGuire being hired for GM, (especially with Roy as his Coach... I think Roy would snap at him and break his kneck..LOL)

McGuire has solidified himself as a TV personality, it'll be hard to take him seriously (see endless weird youtube videos) and I think that's the biggest thing against him.

Hiring McGuire is a high risk move because it can make Molson look like a complete ass clown if it doesn't turn out.

Had McGuire stayed out of the lights, he'd be a bit more mysterious to us all, and perhaps that could of helped his chances... Fans would just know him as a hockey guy, and not the loud-mouth wanna be American commentator.
I can see that happening Roy breaking his arm

They will not last 2 months together on the job
Pierre will go on about somthing Roy did wrong and he wil lose it

But let's be real here
Pierre not working on TV will just be odd

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Molson has already done that all by his lonesome. He doesn't need any help.

1) He takes over the Habs and releases Boivin who helped turn this franchise into a money making machine. He installs himself as president. Little rich boy wants to play grown up. No one on this site has mentioned it but many media types have pointed out that there were quite a few empty seats during home games this year. I wonder if little rich boy has something to do with that marketing strategy.

2) A few weeks into the season they fire an assistant coach under
very strange circumstances. This after they let Muller walk during the summer. I won't blame Molson for that but my gut tells me his hand is in it.

3) Awhile back he declares the management team has his complete confidence. Bang! Martin is fired. RC promoted and a janitor is given an assistant coaching job. Gauthier isn't the brightest but he's not this stupid. In his press conference he slipped a couple of times and mentioned we, us and corrected himself with I. My instincts tell me Molson ordered the firing and Molson ordered no new hiring. Work with what you got.

4) Today after caca hits the fan he releases a weasel statement that only a spoiled little rich brat would make. To appease the fans he has already insulted he tells them don't worry the coach we put in place we'll get rid of at the end of the season. With this brilliant statement he insults his fans telling them I'm too cheap to spend money for a new coach, I've already had to spend 4 million for a has been Czech defense man and a two million dollar bonus to the coach I just fired. And if that's not enough he cuts the legs out from under Randy Cunneyworth by letting everybody know in English & in French (maybe he should have had a Mohawk translation) this guy is out the door at the end of the season.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Molson in the last year has shown himself to be incompetent and he may be this franchise's worse nightmare. Martin is gone, Gauthier & Cunneyworth will probably be gone in 5 months but little rich boy will still be around - until he runs the franchise to the ground.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

To be fair, Subban had an amazing shift following his mistake. The guy was playing sick. I can forgive him. His season has been far less catastrophic than some are saying. It's actually been decent. It's a drop off from last season but that's to be expected.

It was an entertaining game for the most part. They really fought at the end. In the last 5 minutes, they played with more intensity than they've ever had at any point this season.

Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
kevlar

some of you people are unbelievable.

we lose by 1 goal to the best team in the league and everyone wets themselves.

kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
To be fair, Subban had an amazing shift following his mistake. The guy was playing sick. I can forgive him. His season has been far less catastrophic than some are saying. It's actually been decent. It's a drop off from last season but that's to be expected.

It was an entertaining game for the most part. They really fought at the end. In the last 5 minutes, they played with more intensity than they've ever had at any point this season.
some people are moaning about this poor humanoid named PK Subban.

Mistakes are made in this game.

The problem is when you have the 22nd best offense in the league and score only 2 goals in a game the team has not the ability to overcome a single mistake. Every mistake is magnified as is the blame handed out.

That's why this team will go nowhere until it gets better up front and can naturally score more goals.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
How we lost to such a mediocre team is beyond me. Habs looked terrible and still almost won. It would be nice if someone on this team would act like they give a ****. I see martins clone is going to just plod along with the same tactics that got martin canned in the first place.

Thanks for the chuckle post.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:37 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
some of you people are unbelievable.

we lose by 1 goal to *insert team here* and everyone wets themselves.
Getting pretty damn annoying.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote