HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-20-2011, 12:38 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
some of you people are unbelievable.

we lose by 1 goal to the best team in the league and everyone wets themselves.
You forgot to mention that Julien was Lol'ing all game long; he must have felt like kasparov playing against a chess newb and that Boston players seemed like they took the night off, and still won.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Molson has already done that all by his lonesome. He doesn't need any help.

1) He takes over the Habs and releases Boivin who helped turn this franchise into a money making machine. He installs himself as president. Little rich boy wants to play grown up. No one on this site has mentioned it but many media types have pointed out that there were quite a few empty seats during home games this year. I wonder if little rich boy has something to do with that marketing strategy.

2) A few weeks into the season they fire an assistant coach under
very strange circumstances. This after they let Muller walk during the summer. I won't blame Molson for that but my gut tells me his hand is in it.

3) Awhile back he declares the management team has his complete confidence. Bang! Martin is fired. RC promoted and a janitor is given an assistant coaching job. Gauthier isn't the brightest but he's not this stupid. In his press conference he slipped a couple of times and mentioned we, us and corrected himself with I. My instincts tell me Molson ordered the firing and Molson ordered no new hiring. Work with what you got.

4) Today after caca hits the fan he releases a weasel statement that only a spoiled little rich brat would make. To appease the fans he has already insulted he tells them don't worry the coach we put in place we'll get rid of at the end of the season. With this brilliant statement he insults his fans telling them I'm too cheap to spend money for a new coach, I've already had to spend 4 million for a has been Czech defense man and a two million dollar bonus to the coach I just fired. And if that's not enough he cuts the legs out from under Randy Cunneyworth by letting everybody know in English & in French (maybe he should have had a Mohawk translation) this guy is out the door at the end of the season.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Molson in the last year has shown himself to be incompetent and he may be this franchise's worse nightmare. Martin is gone, Gauthier & Cunneyworth will probably be gone in 5 months but little rich boy will still be around - until he runs the franchise to the ground.
I think the whole firing of Martin is just a big fat mess
I wonder though what's with the firing of coaches on game days

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:

1) He takes over the Habs and releases Boivin who helped turn this franchise into a money making machine. He installs himself as president. Little rich boy wants to play grown up. No one on this site has mentioned it but many media types have pointed out that there were quite a few empty seats during home games this year. I wonder if little rich boy has something to do with that marketing strategy.

very strange circumstances. This after they let Muller walk during the summer. I won't blame Molson for that but my gut tells me his hand is in it.

3) Awhile back he declares the management team has his complete confidence. Bang! Martin is fired. RC promoted and a janitor is given an assistant coaching job. Gauthier isn't the brightest but he's not this stupid. In his press conference he slipped a couple of times and mentioned we, us and corrected himself with I. My instincts tell me Molson ordered the firing and Molson ordered no new hiring. Work with what you got.

4) Today after caca hits the fan he releases a weasel statement that only a spoiled little rich brat would make. To appease the fans he has already insulted he tells them don't worry the coach we put in place we'll get rid of at the end of the season. With this brilliant statement he insults his fans telling them I'm too cheap to spend money for a new coach, I've already had to spend 4 million for a has been Czech defense man and a two million dollar bonus to the coach I just fired. And if that's not enough he cuts the legs out from under Randy Cunneyworth by letting everybody know in English & in French (maybe he should have had a Mohawk translation) this guy is out the door at the end of the season.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but Molson in the last year has shown himself to be incompetent and he may be this franchise's worse nightmare. Martin is gone, Gauthier & Cunneyworth will probably be gone in 5 months but little rich boy will still be around - until he runs the franchise to the ground.
You could very well be right, but I don't think he's cheap. Next year, while Martin is still on the books, a new contract will be made for the head coaching job (Randy or someone else).

Maybe he just wants the dust to settle and bring in the men he wants afterwards. This makes sense to me. No way of knowing who that is, so I don't want to speculate on the quality of his level of recruitment.

Why hire a big name coach when chances are high that a new big name GM will be brought over?

I predict a GM will be named, and then a coach will be named shortly after.

As for the fact that he's spending an extra 2 million just to get rid of our coach makes me a little bit more optimistic about the possibility of burying Gomez next year... To me, it's a good sign for this.

As for the letter he wrote today, grant it, I read it once .. but my interpretation of it is that if Randy is a keeper (if the season turns around), he's going to have no choice but to take french lessons this summer. That's what I read between the lines. I'm sure Randy is conscious of this. He didn't say '' Randy is gone after this season because he doesn't speak french''.

But in any event, it looks like this season will be done sooner rather than later, Randy won't be back because, well, of results beyond his control.

Gauthier and Randy will be given the door roughly all at once.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:42 AM
BigBadZ33*

Saddest part is that this was probably the Bruins worst game in the past 23 they've played.

BigBadZ33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:45 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

Woa exactly how i feel, and sort of what i posted in another thread, though more filled with emotions then this and less fluid.

Unfortunatly, i think most people will, and Molson is probably hopping for this, blame PG for the mess we are in right now.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:47 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadZ33 View Post
Saddest part is that this was probably the Bruins worst game in the past 23 they've played.
Yea it was very evident. so evident, clown ass Benoit Brunet (RDS ex color commentator, for bruin and other fans) even pointed it out during an intermission.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:

Agreed ...

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:50 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Excuses excuses..

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
I'm already slowly but surely losing my hair without the stress this team causes, I don't need this...

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:54 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Saddest part is you came here to post this stupid post when we are incredibly banged up. Must have been the worst game they played since the last 2 meetings they met us is it?

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
February 28 at 3 p.m. ET it ends.

Now these next 60 days or so , will be the most scary of our life since Houle.

Again it's fine to say trade this player(Cammy for example) but if we get back Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble ?

I don't trust Gauthier , he will get fleeced ,or at best make a wish wash move that really won't help.
at this point, i dont think Molson gives him any rope to make big moves. Well I hope no but my feeling is he doesnt think PG is his guy

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:56 AM
BigBadZ33*

I apologize for the post, I didn't mean to be disrespectful but I'm being completely honest. The absolute ridiculous suspension on Lucic might have something to do with it though.

It's like giving someone a suspension for breathing on Briere, after Briere admits he took a dive and the hit was clean.

BigBadZ33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:57 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I'm already slowly but surely losing my hair without the stress this team causes, I don't need this...
It's called, Operation: Fail For Nail.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:00 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
at this point, i dont think Molson gives him any rope to make big moves. Well I hope no but my feeling is he doesnt think PG is his guy
No he does not obviously. But his actions might affect the whole team. Might affect Georges and Price signings? Might affect players confidence because they fear of being traded?
He should of done it during the the off season or next one. He's creating quite the mess because "pg is not his guy".
i'm so fumed.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:08 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefor25 View Post
20 % of our payroll is not playing.
$ 7.3 M for a useless center.
$ 5.75 M for a defenceman with a broken body.
2 coaches fired in 30 games (Pearn and Martin)
A new coach brought in without a plan for the future - that's why he's interim.
Team at the top of the salary cap yet a bottom dweller.
Wow - not since the Reggie Houle days has this organization looked so dis-organized. How can the GM still have his job?
WoW its kind of a train wreck...yet I can't look away. We are the new version of the old Leafs, pack the seats with no results.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
JackZap

Quote:

As soon as Molson took over there was a change in the Bell Center. I know because Ive gone to 95% of the games since the lockout. The "entertainment" at the Bell Center isnt the same. Its so blah now. Example: they stopped announcing the attendance when Molson came in, seems pointless but it got the crowd fired up whenever they did. A bunch of little things like that. The music is just awful now.

They lost/fired the 2 people who put the Habs on another stratosphere in Boivin and Lalonde. Then again, Molson surrounded himself with what must be the three most boring people you can find with Gainey, JM and PG. Honestly, what do you expect. Imagine these three guys at a party? let alone organizing your party. Molson is too passive, I like pro active CEOS a la Steve Jobs despite him being the biggest *******. You cant run this team like you did in the 70s or 80s, **** moves quick these days and you need to leap frog the competition.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:14 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
WoW its kind of a train wreck...yet I can't look away. We are the new version of the old Leafs, pack the seats with no results.
Not quite... we still have our 1st rounder.

Except... maybe Gauthier will trade it to save his job (bring in scoring help or something)

Old
12-20-2011, 01:39 AM
JSBach

Teams go through cycles, and this is probably our turn to go through a terrible and melancholic season and draft high. It was inevitable and I don't think it's irrational to hope for the highest possible pick any longer; it will be better for us in the long run.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:53 AM
almostjesus*

I haven't watched hockey in a few weeks. This team is disappointing. I actually can't believe this team right now.

Best bet now is for Yakupov.

Keep the losing streak on!

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
andy28

I still believe! Guys, no matter what happens, we are only losers if we act like it. We are down right now, but we don't have to be down. We only make our rivals happier. No matter what happens on the ice, don't let them beat you.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fall of Troy View Post
Teams go through cycles, and this is probably our turn to go through a terrible and melancholic season and draft high. It was inevitable and I don't think it's irrational to hope for the highest possible pick any longer; it will be better for us in the long run.
This is how I feel right now. I just can't see the team turning it around. I don't understand why they fired Martin now. Or at least, I don't get why they replaced him with Cunneyworth. I have very little confidence in this coaching team. They barely have any NHL coaching experience and they are put in a really ****** situation. I don't understand why PG would put them in such a situation.

As for those saying PG will pick a new coach at the end of the season, I say this: at this point, I really hope he's not the GM in place when the new coach is appointed. He deserves to lose his job if the Canadiens don't turn their season around, and I'd rather they clean the whole house to start the next season. I don't wish for anyone to lose their job, but a fresh start would be nice.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I apologize for the post, I didn't mean to be disrespectful but I'm being completely honest. The absolute ridiculous suspension on Lucic might have something to do with it though.

It's like giving someone a suspension for breathing on Briere, after Briere admits he took a dive and the hit was clean.
no offense taken, to me it didnt look like a "bad" game for the Bs though, more like they put just enough effort for a W...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Patrick Roy

Gomez to minors

Gainey

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
no offense taken, to me it didnt look like a "bad" game for the Bs though, more like they put just enough effort for a W...
Lucy deserved the game, because he was warned. The Habs played to their ability, we need to give the new coach a full on practice with the team. Maybe we lost because Boston is that good. They destroyed Philly 6-0 the other day.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:20 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Emelin out, Diaz in? Here we go again. The guy sucks and The Gill/ Diaz pairing is terrible send him to the AHL please no more Diaz
22 mins, +1

U mad bro?

Or like Jay-Z would say: We got 99 problems but Diaz ain't one

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote