HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-20-2011, 05:31 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
The team is just a mess. They need to tear these guys down over the break and just find the problem or the season is a total write off. We can't have this many players slumping all the time. I hope a healthy lineup is the solution because this is ridiculous.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:26 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
The rest of the league has figured him out. it's caled a sophmore slump because a player does what made him successful in his rookie season only to figure out that the opponents have adapted and his game needs to advance also. He needs to simplify his game and stop trying to beat the world one on one, he is a definite talent but should concentrate more on the simple things like our best D man (Josh Gorges) and his game will come around.
Wisdom - are you available as head coach of the Habs

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
HabsSlappy

I can't wait for the backlash when Gorges is traded at the deadline for a first rounder...

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:04 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
22 mins, +1

U mad bro?

Or like Jay-Z would say: We got 99 problems but Diaz ain't one
Diaz is the whipping boy. Played a solid game but peoples still poop on him because he's taking Emelin's spot.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The team is just a mess. They need to tear these guys down over the break and just find the problem or the season is a total write off. We can't have this many players slumping all the time. I hope a healthy lineup is the solution because this is ridiculous.
I think that's huge overreaction.

If the team was a mess they get blown out by teams like Phillie and Boston.

They need two things in the next month...

1-desperately have to tighten up defensively in their own end, that inclues with the puck(see Moen and PK last night) and without(Gorges leaving his man to chase the puck) the puck.

2-they need to get bodies back, LeBlanc and Darche are not plaing bad but it would help to get White and Gionta back, even Gomez, maybe he is rejuvenated with a new coach and of course Markov.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I can't wait for the backlash when Gorges is traded at the deadline for a first rounder...
I love draft picks and all, but what a terrible mistake that would be, unless we trade him and sign him back on July 1st

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Craig71

Quote:
He will probably test the waters come July 1 to see whats available for him. I would love for him to stay but I would definitely understand if he does go. He was disrespected in the off season by only being offered a 1 year deal. In the meantime Markov gets 3 and has yet to play a game. Jorges is a workhorse that does things that dont make the highlight reel and in my opinion is the real captain of the team and should have been named instead of Gionta. They should be making every effort to keep him but you are probably right and this could very well happen.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Diaz is the whipping boy. Played a solid game but peoples still poop on him because he's taking Emelin's spot.
Diaz AND Emelin should both be in the lineup, we were playing some of our best hockey when we had the 2 of them together, Emelin needs to play the left side but since Gill won't ever be scratched there is no room for him on the left side.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
He will probably test the waters come July 1 to see whats available for him. I would love for him to stay but I would definitely understand if he does go. He was disrespected in the off season by only being offered a 1 year deal. In the meantime Markov gets 3 and has yet to play a game. Jorges is a workhorse that does things that dont make the highlight reel and in my opinion is the real captain of the team and should have been named instead of Gionta. They should be making every effort to keep him but you are probably right and this could very well happen.
Markov got 3 years because he was going to be a UFA and somebody would have given him 3 years. Gorges was a RFA so they could afford to be patient and see if his knee came back 100%.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Schwang

I agree with an earlier post - I know it's frustrating, but it's not like we're getting blown out. One less mistake, one less lucky bounce against us and we could have easily won that game. I will say this though, I REALLY do not want to just squeek into the playoffs this year and get another middle of the pack draft pick. If we can't get a better seed, I'd much rather miss and work on getting a high pick in the draft. We have some potentially great talent coming in the next 2 years but I think we need to build around an elite talent. I'm sick of other teams sucking and getting the Stamkos', Crosby's, and Nugent-Hopkins'. It's our turn!

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I agree with an earlier post - I know it's frustrating, but it's not like we're getting blown out. One less mistake, one less lucky bounce against us and we could have easily won that game. I will say this though, I REALLY do not want to just squeek into the playoffs this year and get another middle of the pack draft pick. If we can't get a better seed, I'd much rather miss and work on getting a high pick in the draft. We have some potentially great talent coming in the next 2 years but I think we need to build around an elite talent. I'm sick of other teams sucking and getting the Stamkos', Crosby's, and Nugent-Hopkins'. It's our turn!
agreed but unless we start unloading some players, we aren't as bad as a last place team and will be a bubble team come season end which will result again in a pick at around 14-15 which won't get us that impact player

Old
12-20-2011, 08:44 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
bad juju
every turn over seems to turn into a goal despite Price
seems like its a different player everynight who coughs it up
so many ways to lose
this team is far from elite but im still thinking bad juju
confidence

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:49 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
How do you want Conneyworth to have any kind of grip on this team when the owner basically said he was gonna be fired this summer?? I thought G.Molson was a smart guy.. Guess I was wrong.. Very very stupid statement.. Conney has no more cridibility no matter the decision he will take..

That org. has really become a JOKE!!

Yeah it's like those zombie movies where you can't trust anyone. Even your best friend.

WTF was Molson thinking. At this stage, 99 % of Montrealers would take a great coach next year even if he was a ****ing Martian.

Only the faggy media guys care any more about this, because they never played hockey anyway, and don't give a **** about hockey, or the Habs. They care about politics.

This is the window. And GM blew it.

Foolish. Really Foolish.

Last edited by bsl: 12-20-2011 at 09:10 AM.
bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Demers View Post
Patrick Roy

Gomez to minors

Gainey
Patrick Roy. Yeah. Not.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:16 AM
bsl

Quote:
I'd have no problem with that, and most guys on this board would not either. Arrogant post.

Old
12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
bravehab

yeah Id be cool with that

its one of those small smart moves

Old
12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I dont understand why we need to rebuild. The bruins never had to rebuild, the wings last time they sucked was in late 80s, the flyers and sharks are constantly two of the top teams without the need to suck.

We can be one of the top teams without sucking.
The Bruins did suck, 2 years I believe and drafted Kessel as the top pick( I believe 5th overall). So basically out of the Kessel deal they now have Seguin and Hamilton and are set for years

Wings draft very well in the late rounds + Detrot can easily attract FA, we on the other hand need to overpay to attract

The Flyers did suck couple of years ago, drafted JVR and made huge trades bringing in Hartnell and Timonen. They have a GM that has balls and isn't afraid to shake things up without getting fleeced

Old
12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Habs13

I started laughing when Montreal had that 3 on 1 break because I knew they'd **** it up and they did.

For some reason, I thought Leblanc was a physical player...!?! Don't know why I thought that, now that we've seen him in the NHL.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Joe Cole

Honestly, I did not think the Habs played a bad game. They held the Bruins to a pretty tight game.

There were a few errors by each team. The Bruins, who blew the Flyers out the night before, came out on top. No big surprise there.

I watched the first 10 minutes of l'Anti Chambre... what a laugh. They are sitting there thinking they should be the next coach, and being super negative. It was hilarious.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
bravehab

it wasnt horrible

our mistakes just seem to always cost us a goal

its not like the Bs werent turning the puck over or making errors last night

we just always pay for it
frustrating

Old
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Am I right that tonight was a whole lot of the same?

Gill/Campoli/Diaz in over Emelin?

Eller/Kostitsyn/Leblanc benched in the third?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Honestly, I did not think the Habs played a bad game. They held the Bruins to a pretty tight game.

There were a few errors by each team. The Bruins, who blew the Flyers out the night before, came out on top. No big surprise there.

I watched the first 10 minutes of l'Anti Chambre... what a laugh. They are sitting there thinking they should be the next coach, and being super negative. It was hilarious.
Did you see during the first intermission when Alain Crete(in) was saying how could the Habs hire a unlingual coach and Damphousse basically shot down his theory and Crete(in) looked like an idiot. The Nords can have Crete(in) back.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Am I right that tonight was a whole lot of the same?

Gill/Campoli/Diaz in over Emelin?

Eller/Kostitsyn/Leblanc benched in the third?
Emelin is only good at hitting, Diaz is better in most of other aspects.

Against the Bruins, the 4th line, especially Darche, was our best line.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:00 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

The only thing Diaz is better at is communicating.

Emelin is more rugged, has better vision, has a better shot and knows when to jump in on the rush.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:00 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

Yeah i guess you missed the first Bruins goal eh ? Darche **** the bed.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote