HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Prospal 1000th Game "ceremony"

Old
12-19-2011, 04:49 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
OT: Love the Avatar Wooten (is it from the Stooges (looks like something from "Bubble Trouble" or from an Abbott and Costello movie?). Legend has it that Samuel (Shemp) Horwitz was deemed too funny by Abbott and Costello and therefore Shemp's scenes were cut out of the A&C movies. Anyone who's watched Costello act also sees an uncomfortably close and resemblance to Jerome Horwitz (Curly).
It's from The Bank Dick, with WC Fields.

Shemp is the unheralded stooge, although not nearly has taken for granted as Larry.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
It's from The Bank Dick, with WC Fields.

Shemp is the unheralded stooge, although not nearly has taken for granted as Larry.
Thanks. Larry is very much appreciated by me.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:37 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Btw I very like Boone Jenner, but Prospal more so I will probably change my avatar

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
650X2

I don't know how the Ceremony was in the arena, but from home it looked pretty weak. More should go into a something like that the music sounded like it was 3 songs playing at once. Just awful.

I will miss Vinny when he is traded in a few months, but will be happy for him. He is the only one that deserves to be traded, the rest should be forced to rot.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:46 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
I don't know how the Ceremony was in the arena, but from home it looked pretty weak. More should go into a something like that the music sounded like it was 3 songs playing at once. Just awful.
I'm not a big fan of ceremonies, in general, but I thought it was fairly well done.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:31 AM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Pete, agreed. While most appreciate Vinny's playing style, we have only had him 30-odd games. He hasn't been here long enough for us to have built up as much emotional capital as we have for some of the long-termers. (Sorry if that makes little sense.) I give the team kudos for having this ceremony against the Lightning, where he spent much of his career. Congrats Vinny and family!

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote