HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#31 - 12.20.2011 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 12:15 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
No chance in hell does he make that trip from eastern LI in 40 minutes no way do not listen to this.

I once left at 5 from Nassau and missed the anthem just made it
It takes about 25 mins on a weekday to get from Bensonhurst to the Rock doing about 60-65. I don't know where in Nassau he lives. If he does around 70 or 75 on the Southern State and Belt he can make it under an hour.

Trust me...I do the drive once a week.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
7 wins then 2 losses
5 wins then 2 losses (1 SO)
2 wins then 2 losses
1 win then ????

Hmmmm ... there seem to be a trend here
So we need to win as many games as we can before our next 2 loss streak.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:20 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
It takes about 25 mins on a weekday to get from Bensonhurst to the Rock doing about 60-65. I don't know where in Nassau he lives. If he does around 70 or 75 on the Southern State and Belt he can make it under an hour.

Trust me...I do the drive once a week.
Sure I'm not arguing that but no way he does 75 there tonight hitting no traffic.

All I can say is last few times I drove it took me 1.5 hours at least and I'm closer than he is

Old
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
So we need to win as many games as we can before our next 2 loss streak.
I was looking at it from a pessimistic point view but I like your optimistic analysis much more.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
nyrleetch

How would you guys rank our division rivals?

I'm younger (Born 1991) so really Islanders and Rangers haven't been competitive at same time yet.

Devils I don't like Kovlachuck or Marty but like Parise and don't mind Elias among others.
Pens- Hate Crosby,Malkin,Cooke,
Flyers- Hate the City.

I can't decide haha.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:35 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Looking forward to a good game,the Devs are hot....LGR !!

Old
12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
Looking forward to a good game,the Devs are hot....LGR !!
Insert joke about how hot hell is, etc.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Lol at Woytwika pulling a "Rozsival" and getting a ***** buzzkill injury when everyone else is suffering from concussions/etc.

Erixon is way better then him anyway. This will be the first of many, as I think he'll stick.

LGR!

Old
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
How would you guys rank our division rivals?

I'm younger (Born 1991) so really Islanders and Rangers haven't been competitive at same time yet.

Devils I don't like Kovlachuck or Marty but like Parise and don't mind Elias among others.
Pens- Hate Crosby,Malkin,Cooke,
Flyers- Hate the City.

I can't decide haha.
All of them, really. This is a hateful division. But if I had to pick one team, it'd be the Islanders. Even though they're awful, they always step their game up against the Rangers. Rangers-Islanders games are often bloody, and the Islanders play uncharacteristically well.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Greg02

While the defense scares the hell out of me, boy do Marty's stats look great.

Old
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Surprisingly he has looked pretty decent but the pairing of MDZ-Stralman, as the Rangers 2nd pairing, is enough to give anyone nightmares.

Oh how I miss Staal and Sauer
I would be THRILLED if we managed to come away with 3 points out of the next 3 games. Thats how scared this defense makes me. I don't care if we have Lundqvist in net, fused together with Patrick Roy and Tretiak in their prime, I would be shocked if we win 1 game out of the next 3, and if we do win it is going to be a high scoring game.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Funny scene in Rangers' room. There was no locker stall available for Tim Erixon, who just was given a chair by the door for him and gear.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
mrudds2911
NYR

Was just given 9th row tickets in the Fire Lounge but I have a ****ing Spanish 2 final at 7:45. Absolute bull****. I'll be watching it when I get out. Hopefully Erixon takes this opportunity and runs with it. Need a big game from Girardi, McD and Hank. LETS GO BOYS!

Old
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I would be THRILLED if we managed to come away with 3 points out of the next 3 games. Thats how scared this defense makes me. I don't care if we have Lundqvist in net, fused together with Patrick Roy and Tretiak in their prime, I would be shocked if we win 1 game out of the next 3, and if we do win it is going to be a high scoring game.
You would have that as your user name.

Relax...you're speaking as if the defense we're putting out there are squirt level. These are fully grown men capable of playing in the NHL.

Is it ideal? No. But is it sufficient? It'll do for the time being.

No need to be so nervous. Hank is our best defenseman. We score some goals, and play our game, we will be fine.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Hensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
This made me LOL

Old
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

With Elias Out:

bottom Lines:
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Boulton-Sestito-Jannsens

Both D's look scary, and we could be in for a firewagon game.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Levitate

It'd be great if Erixon could step in and play effective minutes and solid defense, but this is all far from ideal.

What can you do, though...it'll sure by nice to get Staal back hopefully sometime soon, though it's too bad that leaves the left side stacked (Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto) and the right side really weak (Girardi...uhhh)

Hope someone can make a switch to the right side

Old
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Is Erixon playing?

Old
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Funny scene in Rangers' room. There was no locker stall available for Tim Erixon, who just was given a chair by the door for him and gear.
Gold for 24/7.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

LGR!

Should be a good one with the Debbies actually doing good.

Old
12-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

****ing A. Let's go boys.

Old
12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrudds2911 View Post
Was just given 9th row tickets in the Fire Lounge but I have a ****ing Spanish 2 final at 7:45. Absolute bull****. I'll be watching it when I get out. Hopefully Erixon takes this opportunity and runs with it. Need a big game from Girardi, McD and Hank. LETS GO BOYS!
I'll take it off your hands

Old
12-20-2011, 02:09 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Is Erixon playing?
If you read this thread you'd think it was a certainty. But Woywitka is a game time decision and based on his comments today I get the impression he's going to play and Erixon will be scratched.

Old
12-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

It would be so sweet if Erixon has a great game and Larsson has a horrible one.

It's been way too long, btw. We haven't played the devils since our last game of the season, April 9th.

It's been over 250 days since we played the devils!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Old
12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
NYR Viper

Cool story on Bickel. I am pulling for the guy. It would be nice to have a tough Jason Strudwick-like player to be the #6/7.

Quote:
By MIKE ASHMORE
Special to ECHL.com

NEWARK, N.J. – For just a moment, Stu Bickel soaked it all in.

Scars on his body, cuts on his hands and sweat dripping down his face, the 25-year-old defenseman was taking in the scene in the visiting locker room at the Prudential Center in Newark. They were the markings of a man who'd taken the hard road to the National Hockey League, and the sight of someone perhaps slightly in awe of his surroundings.

Bickel, having played in the ECHL just last season with the Elmira Jackals, is slated to make his NHL debut tonight with the New York Rangers.

And while he's had to wait a while to make that debut, he even had to wait a little longer to get to his locker at the morning skate, as he drew the unfortunate position of having a stall close to media darling Henrik Lundqvist, who was predictably surrounded by local scribes.

It's safe to say the locker room at the XL Center in Hartford is a little less congested.

Once the media presence around his All-Star teammate died down, the rugged Blueshirts blueliner was asked to describe the emotions he was feeling heading into tonight's contest against the New Jersey Devils.

"Excited, that's probably the best way to describe it," said Bickel, who also played with the Bakersfield Condors in 2009-10.

"I'm going to try not to overthink it and try to just go out and play my game."

With the Rangers defensive core ravaged by injuries -- Steve Eminger is the latest casualty, while Jeff Woywitka will be a game-time decision -- both Bickel and rookie Tim Erixon were summoned from AHL Connecticut yesterday.

"That's a position that we're in a little bit of flux, with all the injuries," said Rangers head coach John Tortorella.

"We're going to watch him, but it goes with all our team, as far as when you get into the middle part of a game and what situations we're going to put him in. With Bick, it's his first game. He had a really good camp. That position is the toughest position and we're certainly going to try to help him to just to calm himself down if he's in a situation and just make simple plays until he gets his feet underneath him."

According to Tortorella, the system that Ken Gernander runs in Hartford is "basically the same" as what he runs, so Bickel should have a smooth transition in his first game. For some of his veteran teammates, like gritty winger Brandon Prust, they'll be in charge of making sure the butterflies don't last long.

"We'll always just be talking to him and making sure he feels loose and that he knows it's the same game out there, just a little bigger stage," Prust said. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

Tortorella added: "We don't want to fill his mind with a bunch of thoughts, we want him to go for it. Then we'll help him along the way."

Bickel was impressive during an extended look in the pre-season, and was among the last defensemen cut, even traveling with the Rangers to Europe for their season-opening "World Premiere" trip.

"I think he's going to add a good, physical presence out there," Prust said. "He's a big body, and he plays really hard. He'll be a good addition to our back-end."

After one collegiate season at the University of Minnesota, Bickel went undrafted, but signed a three-year deal with the Anaheim Ducks prior to the start of the 2008-09 season. He played in 21 games that year, all for the AHL's Iowa Chops, so it was a bit of a surprise when he found himself playing with the Condors the following season.

"It was tough, but that was kind of a weird situation because Anaheim didn't have an AHL affiliate (that year)," he said.

"Most of their prospects started up there and the got picked up by other AHL teams along the way, so that's what ended up happening for me."

Bickel, who described his time with Bakersfield as "brief, but enjoyable" -- he played in 24 regular season games and nine Kelly Cup Playoff games -- was languishing a bit in the Ducks system, however.
He played in six games with AHL Syracuse and was even sent down for a game to the Jackals before ultimately being dealt to the New York Rangers on Nov. 23, 2010 in exchange for Nigel Williams.

"It was great to just get a change of scenery and start fresh with a new organization," he said. "Obviously, I feel like I've been given more of an opportunity with these guys, and I feel like I've taken advantage of that."

Bickel came out strong this pre-season, and left a lasting impression on his teammates and coaching staff. But despite all that, the Rangers had previously claimed Woywitka on waivers and called up Erixon and veteran Brendan Bell.

The Chanhassen, Minn. native insists, however, that he never let himself think this moment might not happen for him.

"I really didn't," he said.

"You've got to stay patient when you're playing in the American League, and I knew that if I just kept bringing my game every night, that it would end well, and that's what happened."

Bickel is expected to become the 478th player to graduate from the ECHL to the NHL when the puck drops at the Prudential Center at 7:05 p.m. tonight.

http://www.echl.com/echl-alumni-prof...bickel-p175055

Closed Thread