HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers recall Stu Bickel

Old
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
What conspiracy theory? Where did I say anything about conspiracy theories? Stop wildly exaggerating what I said.
None needed. Your post speaks for itself.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM
JayQueensNY88*

He was solid in pre season and good in training camp..looking fowrd to see'ing what he can do.

Lets go RANGERS

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:06 PM
free0717

I am throwing out a challenge to Stu Bickell and Tim Erixon. Play like you belong in the NHL. You wanted an opportunity, well here it is. Take the ball and run with it.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

All I'm saying is this guy performed well in the KHL, performed well last season, had a good training camp last season. How do you have this guy for three years and never give him a shot? He's still here, he's obviously hungry for the opportunity. It's just a waste, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
You watched 5-7 games? Sorry I trust the Rangers a wee bit more than you..
Sure, you do. Except when they're not doing the things that YOU want them to do, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
None needed. Your post speaks for itself.
If there was none needed, why did you do it? I don't think you know what my post speaks, otherwise you wouldn't be bringing up conspiracy theories. I certainly didn't.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
All I'm saying is this guy performed well in the KHL, performed well last season, had a good training camp last season. How do you have this guy for three years and never give him a shot? He's still here, he's obviously hungry for the opportunity. It's just a waste, IMO.

Sure, you do. Except when they're not doing the things that YOU want them to do, right?

If there was none needed, why did you do it? I don't think you know what my post speaks, otherwise you wouldn't be bringing up conspiracy theories. I certainly didn't.
I agree. The fact that Valentenko has yet to be given a shot is odd. He does what this team does, block shots and battles. What is the harm in giving him 3 games?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:29 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I agree. The fact that Valentenko has yet to be given a shot is odd. He does what this team does, block shots and battles. What is the harm in giving him 3 games?
Valentenko is LH D. There is no way he will play over RH D available. Also, Sather traded for him, he wants to see him up here for once. Erixon is ahead of Valentenko because it was highly advertized signing. Again, the Torts boss was involved, have to please the old man...
Those who think that getting to play in NHL is 100% up to player's ability to prove him self are naive at best. There are lots of other things involved. Less than that in regular business where nepotism and cronyism beat talent any day, but still...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Valentenko is LH D. There is no way he will play over RH D available. Also, Sather traded for him, he wants to see him up here for once. Erixon is ahead of Valentenko because it was highly advertized signing. Again, the Torts boss was involved, have to please the old man...
Those who think that getting to play in NHL is 100% up to player's ability to prove him self are naive at best. There are lots of other things involved. Less than that in regular business where nepotism and cronyism beat talent any day, but still...
Valentenko was also acquired via trade. And Erixon was acquired via trade, he wasn't a signing.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 01:45 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Valentenko was also acquired via trade. And Erixon was acquired via trade, he wasn't a signing.
Really? Who's signatures on Erixon's contract? V-tank should have played Zidlicki card, IMO. The guy was making tons of cash back in Moscow. Now he is behind Erixon's kid. Sad. Too bad we have D injured. Anaheim needs Ds. We need Ryan.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:43 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Stu?!!!

Seriously who is this guy?
I think there were a few of these when Girardi was brought up. Not saying he is a Girardi but give the dude a chance....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
GrizMint

Hard not to root for him as an individual player. A few hard crease clears and scrums and he will win a lot of people over. Hope he plays well, I really liked him in the preseason as a 6/7 tough guy D role.

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Theon
Currently Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I think there were a few of these when Girardi was brought up. Not saying he is a Girardi but give the dude a chance....
Where exactly did I write him off? I just wanted to know who he was

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Nothing makes me happier then when a call up does his job. Espcially when they end up staying on the Roster. (See: Stepan, Derek; Hagelin, Carl)

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
He was solid in pre season and good in training camp..looking fowrd to see'ing what he can do.

Lets go RANGERS
My thoughts completely. I had confidence in him due to how he played back then.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote