HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Dags at center

Old
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
stlweir

vCash: 500
Dags at center

What were the thoughts on Dags play as a center? I thought he looked good and used his speed to create plays. Nice set up for Shattenkirks goal.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Didn't he play wing last night?

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
h22prelude93

I think you're mistaken. Langs was playing center on the Shatty goal, and D'Ags did not take one face-off in that game. He did, however, take three in the Nashville game.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
stlweir

You Are Right He Did Have Some Shifts At Center In The Nashville Game, Not Last Night.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Stewart's struggle is distracting fans from D'Agostini not having a very useful year either. He's not terrible but he's not particularly noticeable either.

My understanding is he's played enough center in the past to be considered versatile as a fill-in, but I wouldn't want him at center over Arnott or Sobotka if we're talking third line. If you were going to experiment with him at center, you could swap him and Nichol on the 4th line. But mainly he has an NHL edge in one primary way from an extremely fast north-south game. The Blues don't use their centers that way.

It seemed like he was more physical toward the end of last year, getting in a few scraps and mixing it up more. Maybe he is also one of those guys who might spark off of being more physically involved. He's a good person to have on the roster in case another injury occurs, and as long as he plays responsible defense being "just a guy" is ok for now. As guys like Tarasenko, Schwartz and Rattie start arriving he's going to have to work hard to hold down a spot with this team.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Stewart's struggle is distracting fans from D'Agostini not having a very useful year either. He's not terrible but he's not particularly noticeable either.

My understanding is he's played enough center in the past to be considered versatile as a fill-in, but I wouldn't want him at center over Arnott or Sobotka if we're talking third line. If you were going to experiment with him at center, you could swap him and Nichol on the 4th line. But mainly he has an NHL edge in one primary way from an extremely fast north-south game. The Blues don't use their centers that way.

It seemed like he was more physical toward the end of last year, getting in a few scraps and mixing it up more. Maybe he is also one of those guys who might spark off of being more physically involved. He's a good person to have on the roster in case another injury occurs, and as long as he plays responsible defense being "just a guy" is ok for now. As guys like Tarasenko, Schwartz and Rattie start arriving he's going to have to work hard to hold down a spot with this team.
Pretty much. The only difference is D'Agostini isn't a liability on the ice and occasionally he uses his speed to make some plays, but overall he has probably been our 2nd or 3rd biggest disappoint, along with Berglund.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
stlweir

Several things to consider about Dag's:
1 He scores in bunches
2 He is not playing on the 1rst line with Backes this year
3 he is getting less PP time this year
4 He is getting less ice time this year

When you factor those things together I don't think he has been a dissapointment. I do hope that he and the team step it up offensively.

Old
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Pretty much. The only difference is D'Agostini isn't a liability on the ice and occasionally he uses his speed to make some plays, but overall he has probably been our 2nd or 3rd biggest disappoint, along with Berglund.
I wouldn't say so. He's had less time on the PP, and less time on top lines than last season. He's been playing fairly well.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote