HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You are the coach

Old
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
He's got Carter on the top line with Vermette and Johansen. I know Wooten disagrees, but I absolutely agree that Pahlsson has been an utter disappointment.
He threw me off by putting it in a sentence instead of just listing it out. I really don't like that top line. No on there has earned their top line minutes.

As far as Wooten and Phalsson. No one is perfect, I'll forgive him this one transgression.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:29 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Personally, I too would take the "C"...

I know its not popular, but I still think if you are trying to make a "Shakeup", this is the best option. Of course, now that Arniel seems to be in the process of being turned on by the media, this is a much more difficult position, Nash has always gotten the media pass and if Arniel would do this, with this team and its putrid record, I think it will be tantamount to job suicide here. I think its something that could have been done earlier in the season, but now, I think the immediate thought would go from "He's trying to light a fire and make guys compete and earn things" to "Nash is his next singled out "Cancer" "

It worked wonders with LeCavalier. Not only is he a better captain now, he's been there the whole time, worked his way back and he "earned" it.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
If you are going to take the C, wait until there is a new coaching staff and GM. Say you are starting fresh from day one and it has to be earned.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Arch City Zach

I'm so tired of the way the guys play sometimes, the next game, when they walk into the locker room, there'd be no "C" or "A's" on any jerseys. I wouldn't say anything, I'd just act like normal. See if they say anything.

Arch City Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:27 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post

I know its not popular, but I still think if you are trying to make a "Shakeup", this is the best option. Of course, now that Arniel seems to be in the process of being turned on by the media, this is a much more difficult position, Nash has always gotten the media pass and if Arniel would do this, with this team and its putrid record, I think it will be tantamount to job suicide here. I think its something that could have been done earlier in the season, but now, I think the immediate thought would go from "He's trying to light a fire and make guys compete and earn things" to "Nash is his next singled out "Cancer" "

It worked wonders with LeCavalier. Not only is he a better captain now, he's been there the whole time, worked his way back and he "earned" it.
But Lecavalier was younger when he get "C" in the first time.

IMO I would put A to Vinnie Prospal.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote