HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Fall to the Canadiens! NOT!

Old
12-20-2011, 01:59 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As clichéd as they may sound, from what I see from him, it seems like he's actually going to implement them. I really believe that he's the right coach to turn this around.
I'm willing to give him a chance, but we're two games in and I think his personnel management has been atrocious. And he doesn't have the new-coach-feeling-out-personnel excuse. It makes no sense to give defensive zone faceoffs on the road to DD while simultaneously giving a bunch of offensive zone faceoffs to Plekanec, especially if you're going to put Moen on #14's wing.

I'm worried that in the process of trying to "change the culture" he'll make a Carbonneau of himself and try to have his fourth-liners set the example. That's just not how the game works.

I'm getting worried that he may be the type of coach that doesn't understand that the appearance of work does not always correlate to effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Again, FTR we put a lot of shots on net in the 3rd. The bad giveaway and Thomas making KEY saves created the outcome. We played a good 3rd aside from Moen.
Montreal had a good eight-minute stretch in the third, until 12:10, (which was, concidentally, more or less when Cunneyworth decided to cut his bench by removing his fourth line -- the Eller line -- from the rotation). From here on it was all Boston until one lone scoring chance at 1:15. In that ten minute span, with the Habs trailing by one then by two, scoring chances were 6-0 in Boston's favor.

(With thanks to the inestimable enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com )

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
I'm willing to give him a chance, but we're two games in and I think his personnel management has been atrocious. And he doesn't have the new-coach-feeling-out-personnel excuse. It makes no sense to give defensive zone faceoffs on the road to DD while simultaneously giving a bunch of offensive zone faceoffs to Plekanec, especially if you're going to put Moen on #14's wing.
Ina few occasions in the 3rd, I did notice he had Noke on with Patches & Cole to take the faceoff in our zone and then switched with DD after he won the face off.

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCYber View Post
Ina few occasions in the 3rd, I did notice he had Noke on with Patches & Cole to take the faceoff in our zone and then switched with DD after he won the face off.
Good catch. The play-by-play sheet has this happening once.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Markov got 3 years because he was going to be a UFA and somebody would have given him 3 years. Gorges was a RFA so they could afford to be patient and see if his knee came back 100%.
So if thats true, the Habs org only are willing to give money to a guy if their back is against the wall. I would give Gorges at least a 2 year deal knowing full well what he brings on a nightly basis and knowing that if he and his agent have half a clue they will realize that they are not priority and will be gone on July1st.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:47 PM
m00ks

Very late in mentioning this but I think that was the most I've seen AK hustle...ever.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCYber View Post
Of course he did. Cunneyworth can count. He observed DD win 2 of 15 faceoffs. It's really nice to start with puck possession. That stat was as significant as the turnovers in the loss to the Bruins.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
So if thats true, the Habs org only are willing to give money to a guy if their back is against the wall. I would give Gorges at least a 2 year deal knowing full well what he brings on a nightly basis and knowing that if he and his agent have half a clue they will realize that they are not priority and will be gone on July1st.
So, what if Gorges had all the setbacks instead of Markov?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Then PG is a genius.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Craig71

Quote:
You have a point there and I guess it could have gone either way, my response might have been biased because of my respect for gorges as a player. I realize that hard decisions have to be made in this salary cap era but it sucks for the Habs seeing now how it all turned out. Markov is a higher profile player but correct me if i'm wrong but was this Josh Gorges first major injury?

Old
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
wow I just saw the Journal de Montréal frontpage... how pathetic can they be...

They trolling hard lol.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Craig71

Wow that is pitiful, do the morons who drum up this crap realize that they are not only destroying the life of an innocent guy (RC) and also setting the Canadiens franchise back 20 years? Sharpen your skills even more Mr Timmins because you are the only hope we have left, imagine the talk around NHL dressing rooms and and front offices, good luck attracting UFAs to this gong show.

Old
12-20-2011, 03:24 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Wow that is pitiful, do the morons who drum up this crap realize that they are not only destroying the life of an innocent guy (RC) and also setting the Canadiens franchise back 20 years? Sharpen your skills even more Mr Timmins because you are the only hope we have left, imagine the talk around NHL dressing rooms and and front offices, good luck attracting UFAs to this gong show.
You guys know and understand **** all about the media market and economics...

Who owns Le Journal de Montréal (and the Sun, by the way)and TVA SPORTS.. ?

Pierre-Karl Péladeau, the guy who wants to buy a team for Quebec City...

He is preparing the ground for a war of markets.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
Quote:
Painfully true

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I can't wait for the backlash when Gorges is traded at the deadline for a first rounder...
If Gorges can land us another Gorges and Paccioretty then I'm all for it. That is what Rivet got us, Gorges and Pac.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

Economics has nothing to do with anything here. I study in the field.
Also you probably have little knowledge when it comes to marketing, considering this type of marketing approach is a sensationalistic approach which is a stamp of JdM product. Whether they talk about the habs or some random person in a nowhere town, they use the same tactics, exaggeration, sensationalism, cheap tactics that work great and keep the average reader hooked. JdM is not only one to use these tactics obviously. This is a business decision and a marketing decision foremost, and is not surprising the little amount of ethicality used in these industries

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
You have a point there and I guess it could have gone either way, my response might have been biased because of my respect for gorges as a player. I realize that hard decisions have to be made in this salary cap era but it sucks for the Habs seeing now how it all turned out. Markov is a higher profile player but correct me if i'm wrong but was this Josh Gorges first major injury?
He's played for a long time on only one fully functioning knee, so technically yes, but it's a bit more complicated than that.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:12 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Economics has nothing to do with anything here. I study in the field.
Also you probably have little knowledge when it comes to marketing, considering this type of marketing approach is a sensationalistic approach which is a stamp of JdM product. Whether they talk about the habs or some random person in a nowhere town, they use the same tactics, exaggeration, sensationalism, cheap tactics that work great and keep the average reader hooked. JdM is not only one to use these tactics obviously. This is a business decision and a marketing decision foremost, and is not surprising the little amount of ethicality used in these industries
So basically you are agreeing with me behind the smoke show that is your "brilliant" post.

Old
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

Oh ok that makes it more logical, it's just a ploy to drum up business and it has nothing to do with selling papers right now. I am also sure that it's nothing personal against RC. Also the rest of the players and teams in the league will laugh off all this mess and give the habs and the province of Quebec a great big, I SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DID THERE!!!!

Old
12-20-2011, 05:21 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Oh ok that makes it more logical, it's just a ploy to drum up business and it has nothing to do with selling papers right now. I am also sure that it's nothing personal against RC. Also the rest of the players and teams in the league will laugh off all this mess and give the habs and the province of Quebec a great big, I SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DID THERE!!!!
It's all about business...and markets. When Peladeau will have his team in Quebec, he wants to make sure he takes the most fans away from the Habs.

And there is nothing "personal" against RC. They don't know him and don't want to know him, either.... Unless the team win something at the end.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
If we set this franchise back 20 years we would be a few years away from winning the cup.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If we set this franchise back 20 years we would be a few years away from winning the cup.
LOL

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Holy ****. Post of the year.

Well done sir.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
habtastic

I wish the Gazette would print a similar picture with Price's face and the headline "Just Chill"

This is just hypothetical, but what if GSP also thinks this language stuff is bs and wrote an op-ed about it? Do you think public francophone stars would be able to turn this on its head? I can't know for sure, but given he understands sports, cares about the Habs and seems not to care about how popular he is, it would be so helpful to tell the "nous sommes les 72%!" crowd to shove it. Or something like that.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post

They trolling hard lol.

not even 3 games in a randy is already being shoot at
it must be hard for him right now being you take over a take that looks lost and the media is firing shoots at him

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
sheed36

The Habs are the talk of the hockey world right now.. Unfortunately it's for all the wrong reasons..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote