HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What is the record for the latest (meaningful) goal scored in a game?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
  #1
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
What is the record for the latest (meaningful) goal scored in a game?

I'm just curious, because I think the .01 second goal last game is probably a record.

I couldn't find any stats on this. By "meaningful" goal I mean a goal that's either ties or wins the game. Nobody gives a crap about the empty net goal that goes in with .1 seconds left

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:47 PM
  #2
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I'm just curious, because I think the .01 second goal last game is probably a record.

I couldn't find any stats on this. By "meaningful" goal I mean a goal that's either ties or wins the game. Nobody gives a crap about the empty net goal that goes in with .1 seconds left
Unless or until game clocks display hundreths of a sec. this either ties or is a record. I guess the league could break it down to hundreths if they wanted to though.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:49 PM
  #3
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,574
vCash: 500
Nope. The record would be the latest ever scored overtime goal (whatever that is) since the game would be over at the exact moment the puck went in, rather than 0.1 seconds later

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
  #4
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Nope. The record would be the latest ever scored overtime goal (whatever that is) since the game would be over at the exact moment the puck went in, rather than 0.1 seconds later
Got me. I assumed, on my own, that we were talking regulation because the OP said "tie or wins".

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:15 PM
  #5
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Nope. The record would be the latest ever scored overtime goal (whatever that is) since the game would be over at the exact moment the puck went in, rather than 0.1 seconds later
Regulation only silly :p

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
  #6
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 50
Our goal was with .063

At least that's what I heard from the ref

Kreider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
  #7
Poozer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Unless they start adding high speed cameras with the burned in clock, I don't think you'll see anything more of a buzzer beater than Richards' goal.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
  #8
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Our goal was with .063

At least that's what I heard from the ref
I have no idea what the hell the ref was saying.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
  #9
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,325
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Our goal was with .063

At least that's what I heard from the ref
I would think it was less. There were (I think) four frames with the puck at 0.1 prior to it crossing the line, and only two after. So logic would dictate 0.03 or less.

I guess the displayed clock is different than the official clock though, which could explain a discrepancy.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
  #10
Tawnos
Moderator
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I have no idea what the hell the ref was saying.
He said "point sec... point one seconds"

It was just a misspeak. It's clearer in the PHX broadcast.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
  #11
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I would think it was less. There were (I think) four frames with the puck at 0.1 prior to it crossing the line, and only two after. So logic would dictate 0.03 or less.

I guess the displayed clock is different than the official clock though, which could explain a discrepancy.
Agree. Can't tell for sure, but based on the frames you can approximate it between .02 and .04

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.