HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators at Capitals 12/20 - Many Questions, Few Answers

Old
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Time to get Wilson up on the top line. ****ing trotz

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
Powerplays like these really make me question our PP percentage..
Not going to score on every PP, even the Red Wings PP looks like a Pee Wee unit sometimes.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

horrible period.. just win these next 2 periods and ill be happy...

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
just for the record i hate hornqvist on the PP... and just give it to Weber please and let him blast it...
Hornqvist was second on the team in PPG last season. This year, not so effective.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Not going to score on every PP, even the Red Wings PP looks like a Pee Wee unit sometimes.
no when your PP looks like that 50% of the time there is difference.. the few times our PP clicks we're really good. but too much of the time it looks just like that one.. also look at the Capitals PP, much different look and much more efficient. they are better at puck control which is one of the biggest downfalls of our PP.

Old
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Man that was an awful period. Blum somehow discredits OV's ability. Wraparound that Lindy could've had.

I'm more shocked about Blum's play on OV than anything though. Geez

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Ouch

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Time to get Wilson up on the top line. ****ing trotz
The line he's on has been the team's best ES line for the past month even with Wilson scoring the fewest ES goals of the trio since 15 Nov.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
no when your PP looks like that 50% of the time there is difference.. the few times our PP clicks we're really good. but too much of the time it looks just like that one.. also look at the Capitals PP, much different look and much more efficient. they are better at puck control which is one of the biggest downfalls of our PP.
One PP in one game. The Caps PP has been AWFUL of late, especially for the talent they have. If we keep scoring 1 out of every 5, I don't really care how it looks, to be honest.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Hornqvist was second on the team in PPG last season. This year, not so effective.
maybe he will get back into his groove.. things just dont seem to be happening for him this year like years past.

Hornqvist is tied with Tootoo in points which shows where his production is at.. Hornqvist also averages 2 more minutes a game then Tootoo.. not to mention significant PP time with Weber on the point.. just something to think about. who knows

edit: also take away Horny's five game goal streak i believe it was.. and he would be sitting at 26 GP with 3 goals and five assists.. 8 total points while being on PP unit throughout

Old
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The line he's on has been the team's best ES line for the past month even with Wilson scoring the fewest ES goals of the trio since 15 Nov.
Idc, thats by fluke. Spaling and Tootoo arent scorers. He needs to be with Smith and Legwand. Players that can create offense together.

Old
12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
They're also running Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich, Semin, Johansson .... we had the Fisher line out there for most of it.

Of course ... Smith and Wilson have as many PP goals as anyone on the Caps so far this season.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
One PP in one game. The Caps PP has been AWFUL of late, especially for the talent they have. If we keep scoring 1 out of every 5, I don't really care how it looks, to be honest.
don't get me wrong, the PP has saved our bacon at times this year and been great.. but as i was saying, PPs like those just make me cringe and shake my head. especially with us being down 2 goals and not being able to generate chances at ES

Old
12-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Love how we send Blum and Geoffrion down to learn their lessons and each make awful mistakes in the first.

Preds playing poorly, but I think you need to give a lot of credit to the Caps. Unfortunately, it looks like they are using this game as their breakout from a long stretch of mediocre play. Lots of energy and plenty of time to go; let's go Preds.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
don't get me wrong, the PP has saved our bacon at times this year and been great.. but as i was saying, PPs like those just make me cringe and shake my head. especially with us being down 2 goals and not being able to generate chances at ES
Fair enough.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:03 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
maybe he will get back into his groove.. things just dont seem to be happening for him this year like years past.

Hornqvist is tied with Tootoo in points which shows where his production is at.. Hornqvist also averages 2 more minutes a game then Tootoo.. not to mention significant PP time with Weber on the point.. just something to think about. who knows

edit: also take away Horny's five game goal streak i believe it was.. and he would be sitting at 26 GP with 3 goals and five assists.. 8 total points while being on PP unit throughout
That isn't really fair at all. Take away a long streak of scoring and he would have scored less? Well, take away any player's hot streak and the same can be said.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Karma gods going to get us for the last few games.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Idc, thats by fluke. Spaling and Tootoo arent scorers. He needs to be with Smith and Legwand. Players that can create offense together.
You want the team to create more offense together, and yet want to break up the one line that has consistently managed to create offense at even strength? Does not compute, no matter what label we slap on the players in question.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Idc, thats by fluke. Spaling and Tootoo arent scorers. He needs to be with Smith and Legwand.
A month is by fluke? Interesting theory. So we should break up our two most productive ES lines over the past 4-5 weeks? On paper, that line makes no sense but it has worked for weeks now.

We have people complaining that every time a line that produced for a game or two gets broken up while simultaneously calling for what has been our most productive ES line to be disassembled.

Wilson with 4 ESG for the season to date ... the same as Spaling and Toots.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

When was the last time we performed well on a dad's trip?

Old
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Typed a long response and apparently it has disappeared...

We sent Blum and Geoffrion down to learn their lessons, and both made awful mistakes in the first. There's a difference between standing up for your teammates and doing what Blake did. That said, Blum's mistake was about 100x worse. You'd think after getting sent down, you'd be extra cautious in your defensive approach. Namely, not swing at a bouncing puck with one of the most dangerous players in the NHL behind you.

I still give a lot of credit to the Caps; playing like they are on fire tonight.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Boards are glitching tonight (big surprise). If you post something and it doesn't appear immediately give it some time. It'll show up eventually.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
That isn't really fair at all. Take away a long streak of scoring and he would have scored less? Well, take away any player's hot streak and the same can be said.
fair point.. i just remember him having a lot of fluky goals during that streak, correct? although i know a goal is a goal. my point was that other than that streak, he has not been producing like he should for his salary nor by being on a PP unit all season.

Old
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

If Colin Wilson plays most of the year with tootoo and Spaling than I really question our coaching. the first 2 games of the year Wilson-Legwand-Smith line was dominant. Then in our 3rd game they were split up for some odd reason. Whenever they have been together they have produced. I dont care what anyone says or thinks, i dont care if that line scores next shift. Wilson shouldnt be on that line, Hornqvist or SK should. What has Hornqvist and Sk done to deserve there spots on the top 6? Im at a loss about it. Both have been playing like ****. Put Wilson on their I guarantee you see the team play better as a whole

Last edited by I Will Son: 12-20-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old
12-20-2011, 07:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
If Colin Wilson plays most of the year with tootoo and Spaling than I really question our coaching. the first 2 games of the year Wilson-Legwand-Smith line was dominant. Then in our 3rd game they were split up for some odd reason. Whenever thay have been together they have produced. I dont care what anyone says or thinks, i dont care if that line scores next shift. Wilsonshouldnt be on that line, Hornqvist or SK should. What has Hornqvist and Sk done to deserve there spots on the top 6? Im at a loss about it. Both have been playing like ****. Put Wilson on their I guarantee you see the team play better as a whole
i know exactly what your saying and feeling.. whenever i feel like that i just remember trotz is our coach

i honestly dont believe he sees it as a demotion.. more he just sees them producing. i would like wilson on a top line, too.. and with smith.