HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Van City Sports

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Biggsy

vCash: 500
Van City Sports

Hey, i am heading to Van for a few days next week and am looking for a store i believe its called Van City Sports located underneath the old Bay building? downtown. I believe it's a hat store i dont know i can't locate it anywhere i am wondering if my information is correct. Can anyone help me out thanks.

Old
09-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Kid_Roll

It used to be located in the Bay, and now it is located across the hall from the Bay, on the lower level, along the walk to the Sky Train.

It is in the location of what used to be an old hat store.

Though it does sell hats in Van City Sports, too. It also has a bunch of sports clothes you don't really see elsewhere, aside from maybe that one in MetroTown, GameDay Sports? I think it's called that.

Anyways, a lot of cool stuff in there, from Canuck shorts, to vintage t-shirts, to tons of jerseys of all sports.

I got my Wellwood jersey from them last year at a time when no one in the city was selling Wellwood jerseys.

The sales people kind of pressure you a bit by talking to you a lot, like they always ask how you're doing, if you're looking for anything, but the manager/owner? (a grumpy looking older fellow with a beard) knows his stuff.

The phone number for it is like no where online, I used to have it on a business card of theirs, but I don't have it anymore, sorry.

They need to advertise better.

Old
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
elriz

is is on the basement floor of the bay building downtown.

the bay is on granville street between dunmuir and georgia.

you can get to the store two ways:

1) enter the bay, go to their basement floor, and exit their basement floor into the skytrain hallway. the sports store is right across where you exit the bay.

2) ask someone "where is the granville street skytrain?" its down the hallway to the skytrain down 2 flights of stairs.

they have one of the best hat and jersey sections downtown imo

Old
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Biggsy

Well if ya hadn't noticed i am habs fan haha, so i am hoping they have either habs stuff or baseball or footbll stuff hopefully seahawks but thank you for the info i am staying on the corner of robson and richards so is that a close walk?

Old
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
elriz

robson and richards is like 4 blocks away, you're set!

vancouver is a walking city, anything downtown is walkable. the sports store will 100% have some habs stuff for you.

have a great trip!

Old
09-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Biggsy

nice thanks very much for all your help, if i can't afford to get as much stuff as i want this trip i will have to plan for another in the spring, it is after all only like 3.5 - 4 hour drive from Kelowna.

Old
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
nice thanks very much for all your help, if i can't afford to get as much stuff as i want this trip i will have to plan for another in the spring, it is after all only like 3.5 - 4 hour drive from Kelowna.
exactly...I used to drive to Kelowna(from Maple Ridge) just for the hell of it...it's a great drive too.

Old
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Cocomero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
The sales people kind of pressure you a bit by talking to you a lot, like they always ask how you're doing, if you're looking for anything, but the manager/owner? (a grumpy looking older fellow with a beard) knows his stuff.
I know the guy you're talking about. Last year (Nov) I was deciding whether I should get a Lu or Kes Jersey, I started texting my friend when the guy just started YELLING at me to get the **** out (since he assumed I was taking pics of his merchandise). When I responded with a "good job for chasing away a customer, moron" statement, he literally jetted for me and told me to just "get out and get lost". ****......

The store and the owners can go **** themselves. Game on sports and that store near sivlercity metro offer much better deals.

Old
09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Stop outfitting your poor child in habs stuff.

Old
09-10-2009, 11:41 PM
punk_o_holic

I haven't been there for a year or so but I really like the place. As a Oilers fan I have bought a couple of Oilers stuff from there(Pretty sure they have a good amount for Canadian teams but the size of the clothes might be random). I also go there for my name/lettering for my Columbus jersey and might be a little on the expensive side but they do a great job at it unlike the other place I used to go to. The owners and staff were super nice to me and if it seems like they're pressuring you, I do my usual "Kind of thinking about buying it, what time are you open till? Ok, cool, if I have time, I'll stop by in bit." Then I just don't come back. I know they had Football and I know we have the Lions but I would guess they would have the Seahawks because they're the closest NFL team to Vancouver.

Old
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Superpest
Undrafted Free Agent

Weird how ive been there before haha (im from vic)

Old
09-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Tray4Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery4Byng View Post
Stop outfitting your poor child in habs stuff.
Get a life stop trolling every single one of your posts you are always bashing the habs

Old
09-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Win One Before I Die
The Keg or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray4Adams View Post
Get a life stop trolling every single one of your posts you are always bashing the habs

its not trolling when he is using legit facts. its a well thought out argument. this child will be scarred for life.

Old
09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
KillerCanuk

Quote:
i live in kelowna. My dad is in north van takes me 3.75hrs to get there.. beautiful country man! Totally breath taking.

Old
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataklysm666 View Post
its not trolling when he is using legit facts. its a well thought out argument. this child will be scarred for life.
I think he is jealous that Biggsy's son is taller then the entire top 6 of the Habs.... And his kid is still in diapers.

Old
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCanuk View Post
i live in kelowna. My dad is in north van takes me 3.75hrs to get there.. beautiful country man! Totally breath taking.
Yes i know, done the drive tons of times nice little trip thats forsure

Old
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Tray4Adams

Quote:
I think he is jealous that Biggsy's son is taller then the entire top 6 of the Habs.... And his kid is still in diapers.
His son almost drowned in Luongo's tears after game 6. His kid isn't something you wanna joke about.

Old
09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Hey don't be upset that my kid has better taste in hockey teams and has a bigger sack than you!

Old
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

I know this is an old thread, but I had to bring it up. It'll get buried again pretty quick, so don't stress.

This shop is the biggest joke of all time. The little weasel that works there doesn't know a single thing about jersey's. I know numerous people that have gone there to have jersey's customized, and they come back with the wrong nameplate material, wrong fonts, wrong stitching Etc. When you confront the sleezy owner about the mistake, he starts spewing bull about why it's not wrong. A good handful of their in store jersey's are customized incorrectly as is. Don't get me started on his knowledge or lack there of on Game Worn and Game Issued jerseys. The prices are completely absurd. The only thing they have worthwhile are the T shirts and hats. This is one shop I will never support, and I will be as vocal as I can to anybody else I hear looking for sports apparel about how much of a joke this shop is. Don't shop here.

One thing I can't stress enough is DO NOT GET YOUR JERSEY CUSTOMIZED HERE. They know jack *****, and will royally screw it up. I've posted reviews about this shop before, I just want to give people a heads up on this sorry excuse of a business. If I could avoid an assault charge I would have punched the greasy little bast*rd in the throat repeatedly last time I was there.

Just a rant, thanks for reading.

Closed Thread