HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cunneyworth named interim Head Coach/Carrière Assistant Coach

View Poll Results: What traits do you want for next coach?
Hire from within the organization 1 2.00%
Play offense and don't sit 20 40.00%
Must be bilingual 3 6.00%
Keep the defensive system 1 2.00%
Hire the best coach available 42 84.00%
Play in your face hockey w / forechecking 22 44.00%
Keep a fighter in the lineup and play him 5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 10:12 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I agree, especially if your fourth line constitute of Noke-Blunden-Darche.
If I was a NHL coach and I was angling for the draft pick, that what I'd do. Unfortunately, I think Randy genuinely believes what he's saying. I'm really hoping it's just cliches for the media, but that Boston TOI distribution was godawful.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:23 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
----------
Europe is composed of a alot of countries and different languages. Their reality is quite different than a small province surounded by a big english specking population (USA and Canada) ocean.

If you want to take a comparaison, in soccer FC Milan in Barcelona engages catalogne specking coaches - and they seem to have success at it! They are the best comparaison for Québec situation.

Making a racial discussion and bashing french canadian for the respect asked to their love for the only french canadian professionnel and national sport team is lacking of intellectuel integrity or is just being red neck stupid.

At equal talent Toronto will choose an ontarian player, and a coaching staff will tend to bring his own personal. English specking organisation will naturally be more interested to a local player if talent is equal.

The only place that can bring that kind of issue to french canadians is Montreal - for all these Michel Therrein, Claude Julien etc.. a place were a french canadian will have his chance. Guy Boucher was in Hamilton when TB came to get him. It's not just Québec, it's about french canadians issue.

Lacking to have respect for a fan base composed at 75% of french specking citizen and bashing them for expressing themselves, asking to be serve in their own language, and following some posts here bashing them as if we were racist, xénophobe, and all this crap is just proving me that alot of folks can not understand differences, and this kind of situation gives them permission to express all their hate for Quebecers and french canadian. That is easy for close minded and french speaking haters. It is also easy to disrecpect those that have difficulty to understand and/or have difficulty to well express themselves in a second language.

And for these Montrealers, born and living in the province of Québec, that barely or do not understand french, that just tells me how close minded people you are and whatever will happen, you will suit the interest of all the Quebec haters. I've learn to live with you, and do not careless about you. My post is for other people, more open minded, I express the fact that Montreal Canadian should have the respect of a huge part of their fan base and engage a bilingual coach, or a unilingual coach willing to respect our difference.

If the Nordiques were here, this WOULD not be an issue. Despite what happens on the ice, this is not negociable for alot of quebecers, and frankly I approuve this!
I have lived here for my entire 47 years and your thinking is exactly what is wrong with this province.

So if we had a team of ptit gars de chez nous playing in La vielle Capitale everything would be hunky-dory. Do you realize how stupid that sounds. All of a sudden Nos Habitants would not matter to you.

You speak of a unilingual French coach. How is he supposed to communicate with his ROC players, his Americans and his Europeans?

Sign Language?

You are a minority in this huge English Ocean. You are the downtrodden few.

Lets look at some other cultures. The Greeks , Italians , Portuguese and Chinese that came here in the last century. They came knowing only their own language most with nothing but the shirts on their backs.

Today, 60-70 years later a small minority like the Greeks have their own schools, churches ,community center, old age homes etc. How did they do all this without the aid of a fear-mongering government to protect their culture. Their children for the most part speak English , French and their native language.

I am sorry to go on this rant, but your arguments are just inane.

I will not even speak of the Xenophobia and racism that is rampant.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
----------
Europe is composed of a alot of countries and different languages. Their reality is quite different than a small province surounded by a big english specking population (USA and Canada) ocean.

If you want to take a comparaison, in soccer FC Milan in Barcelona engages catalogne specking coaches - and they seem to have success at it! They are the best comparaison for Québec situation.

Making a racial discussion and bashing french canadian for the respect asked to their love for the only french canadian professionnel and national sport team is lacking of intellectuel integrity or is just being red neck stupid.

At equal talent Toronto will choose an ontarian player, and a coaching staff will tend to bring his own personal. English specking organisation will naturally be more interested to a local player if talent is equal.

The only place that can bring that kind of issue to french canadians is Montreal - for all these Michel Therrein, Claude Julien etc.. a place were a french canadian will have his chance. Guy Boucher was in Hamilton when TB came to get him. It's not just Québec, it's about french canadians issue.

Lacking to have respect for a fan base composed at 75% of french specking citizen and bashing them for expressing themselves, asking to be serve in their own language, and following some posts here bashing them as if we were racist, xénophobe, and all this crap is just proving me that alot of folks can not understand differences, and this kind of situation gives them permission to express all their hate for Quebecers and french canadian. That is easy for close minded and french speaking haters. It is also easy to disrecpect those that have difficulty to understand and/or have difficulty to well express themselves in a second language.

And for these Montrealers, born and living in the province of Québec, that barely or do not understand french, that just tells me how close minded people you are and whatever will happen, you will suit the interest of all the Quebec haters. I've learn to live with you, and do not careless about you. My post is for other people, more open minded, I express the fact that Montreal Canadian should have the respect of a huge part of their fan base and engage a bilingual coach, or a unilingual coach willing to respect our difference.

If the Nordiques were here, this WOULD not be an issue. Despite what happens on the ice, this is not negociable for alot of quebecers, and frankly I approuve this!
I am a french canadian living in Quebec and I could not disagree more with what you said. I honestly thought that the ****storm after the hiring of Cunneyworth was just more stupid stuff coming from the french medias but I am absolutely baffled to see that so many people in Quebec actually agree with them.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Mynameismark*

I'm sick and tired of the language thing here, always pushed upon by some non fans who have an agenda and want to promote their seperatist BS.

FRankly, this is a business, and this is a business of winning. If you aren't winning, you aren't doing good business. The Habs need to hire the best, because if you go with a limited option for coaches and you're never winning and always hovering around the rim of the toilet bowl, you aren't going to make people happy either.

Plus the players want to play for a team that is committed to winning, not commited to satiating the ideals of a few idiots in quebec who only care about satisfying their own inferiority complex.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why is every one putting the onus on the organization?

Why is no one pointing the finger at the french journalists and saying: If you want to know what is going on with this team and in the NHL. Learn the language of it: English. If you can't, then fall behind to those who can and can translate it to french.

Why are we showing remorse for people too stubborn to better themselves for the sake of their profession?
How about putting the onus on potential candidates for the job to make a commitment to actually learn the language and thus be able to reach out to the team's francophone fans.

I know that if I applied for a job that required me to work with english clients, my employer would make certain I know the language before hiring me.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:27 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
I'm sick and tired of the language thing here, always pushed upon by some non fans who have an agenda and want to promote their seperatist BS.

FRankly, this is a business, and this is a business of winning. If you aren't winning, you aren't doing good business. The Habs need to hire the best, because if you go with a limited option for coaches and you're never winning and always hovering around the rim of the toilet bowl, you aren't going to make people happy either.

Plus the players want to play for a team that is committed to winning, not commited to satiating the ideals of a few idiots in quebec who only care about satisfying their own inferiority complex.
If you truly believe that only Separatists care about language or Quebec nationality, you truly don't know anything about Quebec.

You live in a different land, apparently.

Old
12-20-2011, 10:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Alright, I'm shutting this down. All arguments from both sides have been made. Thanks for keeping it a bit more PG than yesterday guys.

Closed Thread