HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Budaj vs Black Hawks

Old
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

vCash: 500
Only here would putting the backup in for the first time in 10 games is a source of interrogations and mild controversy.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I'm not ready to give Kaberle top minutes. No. That's when he looks like absolute garbage. ES second pairing is as far as he should go. Yes Kaberle-Gorges is what I've been saying.

Emelin-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Gill-Diaz/Weber
Subban has been much more garbage than Kaberle.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 07:37 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Outside of his playoff run, Halak didn't do that on any more of a regular basis than Price did/does.
No, at that time, Halak stole many more games than Price did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Halak was better than Price that year and won the starting job, but he wasn't nearly as miraculous all season long as he was in the playoffs. He started most of the games down the stretch and couldn't buy us a win against bottom-feeders to lock down a playoff spot (not blaming him exclusively mind you but he was the guy between the pipes after all). It's pure revisionist history to suggest he was on another level for the entire year.

Hell, Price's regular season last year was easily better than Halak's of 09-10, so there's really no reason to pine for Halak.
Price's regular season last year was easily better? Not really. Halak had a higher slightly SV%, Price had a slightly higher GAA. Their SO/GP was similar.

I'll give Price the net advantage due to games played. He kept his game up over a long period of time. And that's amazing. But in terms of overall play, it wasn't better.

The answer to Price versus Halak right now is Price, but that's not because of 09-10 Halak. That Halak was badass. That's because Halak went on to play like Andre Racicot this year.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The tank is on.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Punishment to Price or just giving him some rest? Considering we desperately need two points, is this the right thing to do now?

Thoughts?
I've actually been thinking that Price needs a rest for a while now. The guy is facing too many shots. He has to rest sometime and they had to choose between the B's and the Hawks. Smart move to play him against the division rival.

Price needs a break and Budaj needs some playing time.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 01:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Maybe he figures the players will try harder to avoid mistakes with Budaj in net.
i've been scratching my head ever since and i think this is the likeliest explanation. lose this game, that they were gonna lose anyways. and play price in the game that we SHOULD win.

and if the boys beat chicago tonight, it's gonna go a long way toward restoring some faith in the boys.

it's a long shot but i gotta say, i like it

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:05 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No, at that time, Halak stole many more games than Price did.

Price's regular season last year was easily better? Not really. Halak had a higher slightly SV%, Price had a slightly higher GAA. Their SO/GP was similar.

I'll give Price the net advantage due to games played. He kept his game up over a long period of time. And that's amazing. But in terms of overall play, it wasn't better.

The answer to Price versus Halak right now is Price, but that's not because of 09-10 Halak. That Halak was badass. That's because Halak went on to play like Andre Racicot this year.
Just asking, but do some wonder why every goalies look good in Montreal and why their performance go down when they play for other teams ? When is the last time a goalie didn't look good in Mtl?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Just asking, but do some wonder why every goalies look good in Montreal and why their performance go down when they play for other teams ? When is the last time a goalie didn't look good in Mtl?
Aebischer ?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:55 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendresse View Post
Only here would putting the backup in for the first time in 10 games is a source of interrogations and mild controversy.
Quoted for ****ing TRUTH! I'm laughing at people having even the slightest of thoughts that Price is getting punished... Can we give him a break every now and then? Some here would only be happy if he'd play from 72 to 82 games.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote