HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Canes/Kings Post Game Thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Canes/Kings Post Game Thoughts

Being that this was our first game home from a long eastern road trip, I wasn't really surprised by the result. It wasn't acceptable but I wasn't surprised. However, If they pull this stunt on Saturday against Florida then I might have to personally fly down to L.A. and verbally berate them.

The first 32 minutes of this game were unbearable to watch. And we've been playing like this the whole past week since the Detroit game. In the third we were everywhere. But in all honesty, we got the result we deserved.

That first goal was simply Avery overpursuing and taking himself out of the play on a shorthanded situation. And Cole made the perfect play. Garon was brilliant again tonite. First goal was a breakdown + a perfect shot by Cole (almost Riku Hahl-esque). The second goal was just pure luck. The third was a horrible play by Gleason. I don't even think our goaltending is an issue anymore. We have 2 very good goaltenders and Garon in his last few games has been brilliant.

Tim Gleason NEEDS to be criticised. How does this guy escape any sort of criticisim all the time ? And this isn't just the Erik Cole goal. He's horrible with the puck trying to get it out of the zone. He's been well below average the last 10 games or so. People need to realize this.

Do you still wanna send down Dustin Brown ? This kid is a bonafide stud. He's gonna be a beauty. He'll have his stretches during the season with inconsistency but he's 21. He's developing fine. Great idea to put him on a line with Ebel & Avery. He compliments them well. I look forward to watching him develope.

Steve Tambellini's had a good run up here in a couple games to get his feet wet. Now we can send him back and let him build on his experience. I'm glad he got this opportunity.

Luc Robitaille is probably my favorite player of alltime. But he cannot contribute at all anymore. At least not every night. He should be playing every other game. How can guys like Lemieux and Yzerman, 2 superior players to Robitaille, play in spots while we're trying to play Luc 82 games as if he's a 20 year old ? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm probably one of the few Kings fan thats a big Andy Murray fan. But he is totally clueless as to which line to put out and when.

I read on LGK.com today that Jeremy Roenick will be skipping practice next time so that he can go film a show...............Is this guy for real ? He's a horrible hockey player. He said we should give him 15 games to get back into shape but he's still horrible. If he's such a great locker room guy, they should stick him behind the bench as an assistant because he's basically wasting a roster spot. He is not contributing physically one bit. He's pathetic. There we are with a 5-3 in the third and he's out on the ice taking a shot from the near boards righ at a Hurrican defender, thus blocking the shot. Words cannot describe how much I hate this man. I never liked him. I didn't want him in the offseason. But I said I would give him a chance. Well he's blown the chance and this guy needs to be scratched permanently. He's contributing ZERO!

Derek Armstron is very lazy & unmotivated. He must hold the NHL record for skating offside into the zone before the puck carrier. And what was he doing on that play where he had the puck alone in front in the first ? SHOOOT IT IDIOT!!!!

I don't care what any King fan says, Joe Corvo has been GREAT this year. Besides the gaffe against the Red Wings, he's been great with the puck and very good defensively. He did a great job on Staal a couple of times tonite.

I've stuck up for Mike Weaver all year but he is nothing more than a 7th Dman. Nathan Dempsey is not the answer either. We need a guy like Brendan Witt AND BAD!

Is there any team in the league worse at clearing the puck out of the zone than us ? I cringe anytime the other team dumps it in on us because its such an adventure for us to get it out. I blame our wingers for that. They are not strong against the boards. Especially Demitra. He has no puck strength at all.

As for Demitra, I commend AM for benching him tonite. He needs to realize that this isn't a resort. He's so weak and scared off the puck its sad. He's been invisible for the last 5 games. Step it up Pavol!!!!

Frolov: I hate critcising him because he works hard. But those penalties are killers. And its not because he's lazy or caught out of position but he's just over agressive sometimes. And he's back to the stage where he refuses to shoot anymore. One other gripe I have with him is that he has so many chances to take the body after a hard forecheck but he takes the defender off the hook by skating away. I mean, you don't have to Dustin Brown (yes, I'm using his name as an adjective) the guy but at least take the body and make the defender realize there's a price to pay.

Michael Cammalleri is a great contributor. I like his feistiness. Ill stick up for him any day of the week. He's a key contributor for us.

Eric Belanger.........................................S TUD

Sean Avery...........................................ST UD

I love Cowan's play as well. Ill admit it, I was a Cowan hater b4 the season started but he's won me over. He's proving he can play on any line.

Conroy has been *** lately too but once he got away from Demtra he looked very good as well.

And of course the Power Play. It cost us the game. All we needed was one. This PP has become a joke. Seriously. Special Teams is costing us games and Van Boxmeer HAS to go.

Our PP should be as follows: First unit is Avery/Belanger/Brown/Corvo/Visnovsky. All these guys have great speed and are willing to get in front of the net. And they create havoc for the other team. Thats what we need. Not 5 guys standing on the perimeter passing the puck around. Your not gonna get a shot through if your moving the puck 3 miles an hour. You have to be quick and the above 5 mention showed us tonite they can do it.

One last thing, these guys have got to learn how to take the puck to the net. There's WAY too much of this cycling and 'along the boards' crap going on. There is no reason why we shouldn't have at least one guy at the top of the crease every shift. Every other team does it. The Belanger line does it and look at the pressure they get.

Thats my piece, Now this thread would like to hear from you....

Old
12-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Corvo, Gleason and Frolov were bad tonight. I dont think he's played well lately at all.

I think it's safe to say that Brown's confidence is back.

Brown's line was the best on the ice, for both teams.

We REALLY need another defenseman, BAD.

Cammalleri was invisible.

Tambellini's had his cup of coffee, now lets get him back to Manchester. Give someone like Kanko or Lehoux a callup.

Why is Weaver still playing? MARGINAL at best.

Lubo looked lost tonight.

JR needs to sit for a few more games. Same with Luc.

Our goaltending isn't our weak spot at all, it's our shody defense.

Old
12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Corvo, Gleason and Frolov were bad tonight. I dont think he's played well lately at all.

I think it's safe to say that Brown's confidence is back.

Brown's line was the best on the ice, for both teams.

Cammalleri was invisible.

Tambellini's had his cup of coffee, now lets get him back to Manchester. Give someone like Kanko or Lehoux a callup.

Why is Weaver still playing? MARGINAL at best.

Lubo looked lost tonight.

JR needs to sit for a few more games. Same with Luc.

Our goaltending isn't our weak spot at all, it's our shody defense.

I disgree with you on Cammi. I thought he was very noticeable tonite. Same with Corvo.

I might be the biggest Kanko fan around so you have absolutely no argument from me on bringing him up.

By the way..........

Old
12-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Reaper45

I noticed Corvo plenty of times alright, not in the best light either.

I take it back with Cammalleri though, I do remember Cammy on the point passing it to Corvo and it sliding over the blueline, and him almost scoring down low, those were my memorable Cammy moment's from tonight.

Old
12-09-2005, 01:51 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I noticed Corvo plenty of times alright, not in the best light either.

I take it back with Cammalleri though, I do remember Cammy on the point passing it to Corvo and it sliding over the blueline, and him almost scoring down low, those were my memorable Cammy moment's from tonight.
You watch the kid with a microscope. His pass to Lubo was a hair off....and he quickly pointed to his chest and took accountability for the mistake. Van Pap Smear should have never broke the two up. Corvo and Lubo on the point is like water and oil......Our PP was already bad, now it's atrocious! All because Corvo banged a few goals in.........SAD!

Yeah, we do need D........hopefully it happens before March!

Old
12-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
You watch the kid with a microscope. His pass to Lubo was a hair off....and he quickly pointed to his chest and took accountability for the mistake. Van Pap Smear should have never broke the two up. Corvo and Lubo on the point is like water and oil......Our PP was already bad, now it's atrocious! All because Corvo banged a few goals in.........SAD!

Yeah, we do need D........hopefully it happens before March!
Actually I don't watch him close at all. I thought Corvo could've got to it, and I thought it was more his fault than Cammy's.

It seems like whomever they try on the point, no one seems to click, and more importantly, no one seems to want to shoot the puck. It's like everyoone is thinking pass 90% of the time.

Old
12-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
no one seems to want to shoot the puck. It's like everyoone is thinking pass 90% of the time.

thats the thing about Cammy. He's the most agressive person, in terms of shooting, we have.

Old
12-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Haik

I agree on everything except Gleason. He was caught flat footed on that goal plus Cole played it perfectly. We've seen Norstrom beat more often than Tim Gleason.

Oh and Gleason made the play on the Belanger goal.

Old
12-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Osprey

Cammalleri was nowhere near invisible. I thought he was the best forward tonight after Cowan and Belanger. He was one of the few players who hustled for every puck, especially along the boards.

I have no clue why Cammalleri wasn't out there on the 5-on-3. All Corvo and Visnovsky did was pass between themselves until time was up. With a 2-man advantage, you need to shoot the puck and Cammalleri isn't afraid to do that. What were the coaches thinking leaving him off?

Old
12-09-2005, 03:05 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Cammalleri was nowhere near invisible. I thought he was the best forward tonight after Cowan and Belanger. He was one of the few players who hustled for every puck, especially along the boards.

I have no clue why Cammalleri wasn't out there on the 5-on-3. All Corvo and Visnovsky did was pass between themselves until time was up. With a 2-man advantage, you need to shoot the puck and Cammalleri isn't afraid to do that. What were the coaches thinking leaving him off?
I totally agree.

Has Cammy not been our most effective player on the PP? Why the hell he wasn't out there is beyond me.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:48 AM
King Blazer

Giuliano being sent back to Manchester yesterday surprised me. He played against Staal, Commodore and Larose in about 12-games last season. Carolina's speed shouldn't have been a secret to anyone. However, they chose to send the guy with speed to burn and a lot of recent experience defending against one of Carolina's best forwards back to Manchester???

Old
12-09-2005, 08:55 AM
KingsCourt

I have a different take...FIRE AM.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt
I have a different take...FIRE AM.
We keep losing and I think that's what it will come to.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Fat Elvis

I just thought that the Canes were a much better team than us last night. Their skill guys played better than ours. It's tough when the goals in the last 3-4 games are all scored by grinders and going to the net. Nothing fansy. Their old guys are better than ours. Everyone one is right about getting D. I think it's getting time to cut the fat on this team and make a move to improve sooner than later. If we wait til the deadline to make a move, we'll have the "it takes time to form chemistry" spin on why we skill are struggling.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:07 AM
kingsfan25

Fear not my friends, I have it on the highest authority that Dave Taylore, as we speak is FEVERISHLY putting together a package which will principally include Corvo and a pick to acquire those guys in Britain who cloned the sheep. Apparently they've now found a way to clone gritty French-Canadian hockey players.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 12-09-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Osprey

Quote:
We keep losing and I think that's what it will come to.
This is DT you're talking about. Firing AM would be like cutting off his own right arm. He may fire him, but only after the season's over if the Kings completely miss the playoffs again (and, even then, I wouldn't put it past him to come up with another excuse and give him yet another chance). I just don't see DT firing AM mid-season under any circumstance.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
This is DT you're talking about. Firing AM would be like cutting off his own right arm. He may fire him, but only after the season's over if the Kings completely miss the playoffs again (and, even then, I wouldn't put it past him to come up with another excuse and give him yet another chance). I just don't see DT firing AM mid-season under any circumstance.
Unfortunately, I have a feeling that you are spot on with this assessment. When is someone going to be held accountable?

Old
12-10-2005, 12:34 AM
jfont

Awards:
guys...its only the quarter season point...kings will get better...where's the enthusiasm?

go kings go!

12-10-2005, 02:15 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
guys...its only the quarter season point...kings will get better...where's the enthusiasm?
Actually, the quarter-season point was almost 10 games ago (is there any smilie more childish than this one? lol). Technically, the Kings are 36.5% through the season, which is 3 games past the 1/3rd mark. I imagine the "lack of enthusiasm" comes from experience.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-10-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Bring up Beowulfmeister!!!

12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire