HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Any interest in Marc Denis?

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice
That would be the type of deal I'd look for from the Sharks POV. How does Ekman/Dimitrakos, Fahey, and a 3rd sound?
We've got enough goalies, no need bringing another into the mix.

Ekman will break out once RW puts down the pipe and puts him in Scotty's spot.

Dimi and Fahey on the other hand.....I wouldn't mind getting rid of them.

Old
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
expensivedirt

Or how about Matt Cooke straight up for Denis?

I would miss Cooke and Vancouver would have a glaring hole as he is basically our energy factor. These last few weeks without him has the Canucks slumping out of every game. I would deal him for Denis though.

Cooke averages 40 points playing 3rd line minutes with no PP time. He never shys from hits, delivers great ones and if given the chance can put up nice points. Case in point when he got moved up to first line after Bertuzzi incident he was great in playoffs and was about 3rd in points the series against the Flames.

Seeing as you need a LW bad, Cooke will be better than Letowski if given more ice time. He's putting up Letowski numbers with his limited time right now.

Old
12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
This isn't NHL 2006. Teams don't make those trades. Why would Columbus ditch one underachieving veteran goalie for another?

So by this statement you're saying that Denis has four lines of quality defense in front of him night in and night out? Not.

Old
12-09-2005, 12:56 AM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite
So by this statement you're saying that Denis has four lines of quality defense in front of him night in and night out? Not.
Statstically from year's past he's underacheiving. And no he's not saying the words you're putting in his mouth

Didn't you learn your lesson at the Jackets board, Gary Coleman?

Old
12-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Denis, Klesla

for

Raycroft, Murray

Old
12-09-2005, 09:48 AM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
Denis, Klesla

for

Raycroft, Murray
Once again: The Jackets do not need another goaltender

Old
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Prussian_Blue

With the way Lalime has struggled, and the issues the Blues have had in getting drafted Euro goalies (Schwarz and Barulin) to commit to North America, I'd think the Blues would be in the market for Denis... with the disclaimer that such a major deal probably wouldn't or couldn't be made until the sale of the team was final.

What would it take from the Blues to get Denis out of Columbus?

P_B

Old
12-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
From the Blues, I'd want picks or some decent young blueliners. What's the word on Wideman? I've been impressed with him when the Jackest have played the Blues this year.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:09 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
Denis, Klesla

for

Raycroft, Murray
Double once again: The Jackets aren't trading Klesla.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:12 AM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Last night was my first time seeing Denis and Columbus but I have no idea why you would want to get rid of this guy. Maybe he was just having a great night coming off the bench but he was incredible.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman
Last night was my first time seeing Denis and Columbus but I have no idea why you would want to get rid of this guy. Maybe he was just having a great night coming off the bench but he was incredible.
My thoughts exactly...you put him on a playoff team and I'm willing to bet that he takes that team far.

12-10-2005, 11:23 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman
CBJ fans are pretty divided on this. I'm in the pro-Denis camp. He's definitely struggled this year, but he's been solid in the past. I don't think two rough months mean he's suddenly washed up. Last night's relief performance was easily one of his best this year.

Leclaire is starting to look good, last night aside, and the thinking is that the Jackets can't keep Denis, Prusek and Lelcaire.

My bet is that Prusek is the odd man out, if a trade is to occur. They've been scratching him lately and he'd be a cheap backup to acquire for a team that wants depth.

Could be Denis though. Not sure if he'll cotton too much to splitting time with Leclaire and/or playing backup. Plus he's the highest priced of the three at $1.6 million and he's an RFA at the end of the year. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:26 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
My thoughts exactly...you put him on a playoff team and I'm willing to bet that he takes that team far.
This is an odd situation at HF. I think the general board has a more positive view of Denis than the actual Jackets posters.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:32 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Agreed.

Unfortunately, Denis has taken the hit for the team's poor play in the CBJ forum. Funny how he's more highly valued here than amongst the CBJ faithful.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
I've always been a fan of Denis and his play against the Sharks this year has only reinforces that. I would love for the Sharks to deal for him and then ship Nabby off for a top 4 defender.

I knew Pascal would be a player too. CBus has a nice problem on their hands.

Last edited by Patty Ice: 12-11-2005 at 12:10 AM. Reason: 3rd grade grammar mistake
Old
12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
jacketracket*

Personally, I think MD would benefit from a change. He's suffering from combat fatigue syndrome, IMO.

This is his 3rd year going in as the starter of a supposedly improved team, only to see the team under-perform once the puck drops. Last year saw the D decimated right out of the gate, and the team never recovered. With Nash out so far this season, the team isn't scoring, and every mistake is magnified.

Put this guy on a team where all he has to worry about is his own play, and he's going to surprise people (CBJ fans, anyway).

Closed Thread