HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mtl media too harsh?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
GinoCyber*

vCash: 500
Quote:
We torment our good players? Yhea, right. I just can't get ennough of articles that call out Subban, Price, Patch and Plek for not speaking French.
Koivu? Let me guess, he was here long enough so he it was his obligation to learn.

What about those racists *******s that mad fun of Kostopoulous on their show with regards to his greek name? It was another version of anti chambre but can't remember the name of the show right now.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
We torment our good players? Yhea, right. I just can't get ennough of articles that call out Subban, Price, Patch and Plek for not speaking French. You see these EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Get real a minute. We make an issue of this about the administrative structure of the team. NOT the players.

Darryl: good riddance. You can also switch fanbase, we won't be crying your departure.
Bring back the Nordiques, so I can say good riddance to a few. If you can't see that these ridiculous **** storms handicap the habs teams in a way that makes them unable to gain a competitive advantage than I don't know what to say.

Not only are we suppose to limit our coaching options to a handful, but we're suppose to go on and on and on and on and even bash the English replacement. I imagine UFA, elite coaches and GM's will be knocking down the door in the immediate future.

The reason we've been stuck with the likes of Pierre Gauthier and Jacques Martin is because none of the respectable guys want to come here. We get french first timers/ rookies and castoffs like Pierre Gauthier that no one else would want and we wonder why we're dragging our heels in mediocrity year after year.

No top player or outsider would ever want to come here. It's been proven time and time again. The only way we can get those types is to draft them ourselves and since we're always middle of the pack in the standings, the cycle continues.

I wish those that wish to impose their political view points onto this great franchise would take a flying leap, I'm seriously getting sick of the BS.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCYber View Post
Koivu? Let me guess, he was here long enough so he it was his obligation to learn.

What about those racists *******s that mad fun of Kostopoulous on their show with regards to his greek name? It was another version of anti chambre but can't remember the name of the show right now.
110%? Le Match?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:13 AM
GinoCyber*

Quote:
110%? Le Match?
110%, that was it. Thanks

Old
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCYber View Post

We booed the US National Anthem and our team had more Americans on it than our opponents. Embarrassing.

If I was giving the option between Montreal and a handful of other places. Montreal would be near the bottom every time of the place I would sign, no way, no how, would a normal person want to put up with this crap every day of his life.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Theberge43

The Montréal Media is too harsh yes, but I don't think they are really on that precise point. They are too harsh on following players on slumps, errors , etc ... but I think our language is something we have to protect.

I'm a french canadian, I'm not a separatist (well, I'm starting with ********** Harper as PM), but if we don't defend french we will all speak english only in 50 years.

Now the debate is more: should the Montreal Canadiens be leaders in leading the preservation of french in the Société Québécoise?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberge43 View Post
The Montréal Media is too harsh yes, but I don't think they are really on that precise point. They are too harsh on following players on slumps, errors , etc ... but I think our language is something we have to protect.

I'm a french canadian, I'm not a separatist (well, I'm starting with ********** Harper as PM), but if we don't defend french we will all speak english only in 50 years.

Now the debate is more: should the Montreal Canadiens be leaders in leading the preservation of french in the Société Québécoise?
Sine this debate got the other thread close, I strongly suggest you withdraw the question. The argument has been discussed a lot, and mods are getting touchy about it (can't really blame them).

But I agree: the media pressure is in part because of a language issue, which can be resolve on a hockey base alone. Fact is, English people can't care less about our struggle, and most Quebecois (not just separatists) are not willing to back down when language is threathened.

Yes people. Nationalist Quebecois are not only separatists.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
We torment our good players? Yhea, right. I just can't get ennough of articles that call out Subban, Price, Patch and Plek for not speaking French. You see these EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Get real a minute. We make an issue of this about the administrative structure of the team. NOT the players.

Darryl: good riddance. You can also switch fanbase, we won't be crying your departure.
You cry me a river ****. I personally don't care if the coach speaks French. You know what? THIS IS A HOCKEY TEAM. Sole purpose is to win.

All I hear is ''please our fans''. You know what will please our fans? WINNING. Not hiring a lesser coach just because he could speak to the media on game days.

Also yes, the Quebec Government should SHUT UP. Fix your corruption bullcrap and then worry about a private enterprise that pays you millions in taxes every ****ing year.

And no I will not stop to cheer for the Habs because I move to Toronto. Heck, I might enjoy it more as I won't be surrounded with bandwagoners Habs fans who only care what name is one the back of the jersey instead of the logo in front.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
GinoCyber*

Quote:

I'm an allophone and was not allowed to go to French school when we first came here.

I'm 100% for protecting cultures but I don't feel it should come at the expense of a sports team.

If a certain culture is dying, I think the blame is mostly on the people of that culture who are either not having kids or only having 1 child.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:26 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

So a coach of a hockey team will prevent you and future generations from speaking French in the future?

The English National football coach speaking Italian will prevent future generations of British people from speaking English?

What the **** kind of logic is that.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Theberge43

Quote:
Sine this debate got the other thread close, I strongly suggest you withdraw the question. The argument has been discussed a lot, and mods are getting touchy about it (can't really blame them).

But I agree: the media pressure is in part because of a language issue, which can be resolve on a hockey base alone. Fact is, English people can't care less about our struggle, and most Quebecois (not just separatists) are not willing to back down when language is threathened.

Yes people. Nationalist Quebecois are not only separatists.
Ok, sorry I didn't know that.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
When was the last time a coach said ANYTHING meaningful, regardless of what language it was in? Does anyone even listen when coaches speak?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
When was the last time a coach said ANYTHING meaningful, regardless of what language it was in? Does anyone even listen when coaches speak?
Apparently the people cannot read the little translated boxes at the bottom of RDS when the coaches speak. Sad.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Ok, sorry I didn't know that.
Definitely not your fault alone. As you saw in the few comments posted just above yours, the issue has the tendency to derails in that topic inexorably, and in quite an ugly way.

For the record, I agree with your points. Many people here don't. Are not willing to understand our side. Since we aren't allowed to argue the points, it won't change anytime soon

Old
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

What will the "media" say if Randy is run out of town and goes on to win elsewhere?

Simple question. Because these "media" types (and I put it in quotation marks because the vast majority of them are jokes who would not have a job if this organization did not exist) seem hell bent on running Randy out of town.

So what happens next year if Randy goes on to be an amazing coach elsewhere? What will they say? Will they take responsibility? Willy they blame management?

What will you, the fans who support this borderline xenophobic campaign, say if this were to happen?

waffledave
Old
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Apparently the people cannot read the little translated boxes at the bottom of RDS when the coaches speak. Sad.
Even if they can't, WHO CARES WHAT THE COACH SAYS?! Either they'll say the team they're about to play is good, or that they need to work harder on the next game. That is it.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Protest the Hero

Where does it end anyways, now we need to have a French speaking coach, they are relatively easy to find, does our GM need to speak French too? How many French speaking GMs are out there? How many great ones?

People want to protect the French language, I understand that, but when the separatist group are using the Habs as a political weapon, and telling everyone to boycott Geoff Molsons products, it's gone too far.

Edit: I may have gone off-topic, sorry.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Definitely not your fault alone. As you saw in the few comments posted just above yours, the issue has the tendency to derails in that topic inexorably, and in quite an ugly way.

For the record, I agree with your points. Many people here don't. Are not willing to understand our side. Since we aren't allowed to argue the points, it won't change anytime soon
All I see is your trying to play the victim here. Poor me, yadda, yadda, yadda, who isn't allowing you to argue your points? Are you being censored by someone? I can read your posts fine, I just don't agree with you.

The habs are my favorite hockey team. I'm English and from New Brunswick, you don't own the team anymore than I do. I have np with you having pride in your culture/language ect, but I do have a problem with you interrupting the everyday workings of my favorite hockey team.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

They'd probably blame management for letting another asset go, lol

Old
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Bring me a Polish or Russian coach! I'll laugh reading the subtitles...

[*****, our team ******* on the ice and *****, ***** I yelled at lazy ***** Kostitsyn for ******** out there and missing a ***** empty **** net. ******* that's why Kostitsyn was ******* benched. Next ****** question.]

Old
12-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Darche should be behind the bench.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
They'd probably blame management for letting another asset go, lol
Oh I wouldn't be shocked. French media is the most hypocritical media around.

They whine when we don't get a French coach but then whine when the team loses because we got another rookie coach.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
All I see is your trying to play the victim here. Poor me, yadda, yadda, yadda, who isn't allowing you to argue your points? Are you being censored by someone? I can read your posts fine, I just don't agree with you.

The habs are my favorite hockey team. I'm English and from New Brunswick, you don't own the team anymore than I do. I have np with you having pride in your culture/language ect, but I do have a problem with you interrupting the everyday workings of my favorite hockey team.
This board has a policy against political talks. 3 threads have been closed already over this specific issue. So yes, we are prevented to voice our opinion.

This is, it's a political issue to the core. And it's not something we will back down on. Nothing you can say will make us stomach losing the French-friendly status of a powerful national symbol of Quebec. The end.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Good thing I am moving to Toronto soon. Can't stand Quebec politics and this media. (I know Ontario has issues as well but not as much as this bs)
have fun in Ontario. go cheers for the Leafs, i ear everything is fine there

Old
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
I can't remember the last time I tuned in to listen to the coach's post game conference.
I never listen to his interview pre-game either, to the point where I don't even know if they still do that.

My biggest beef here is that some people make it seem as if we are replacing someone that relayed invaluable information to the media in french with someone that speaks an unheard language that simply cannot be translated.
It's as if Martin was the Ruler of the Universe, speaking in french, and has now been replaced by a man that solely speaks a pre-biblical language.
Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe the situation. I am ashamed to cheer for the same team as these clowns. I am embarrassed for this organization.

All this backlash for what? A 2 minutes interview that is more cliché than any happy ending disney movie?? I truly have to wonder what is wrong with people.

How can anybody believe having an english coach is will create a domino effect that will ensure the loss of french culture in Qc. I'm not sure who's dumber, someone saying this or someone arguing that 1+1=3...

Ridiculous, pathetic, ashamed and embarrassing.

Closed Thread