HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Alexei Emelin Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 10:05 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Subban has been dragging down Gorges so why not separate them and limit Subban's minutes a bit. Kaberle isn't THAT bad defensively, put him with Gorges and he'll look decent.

Kaberle - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Emelin - Campoli

So sick of seeing plug veterans like Gill and Campoli playing over him, I'd like to see Emmy/Diaz re-united but no way we see any of the veterans getting sat.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:05 AM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Glad we spent 5 years courting the guy so we could completely waste him and probably lose him for good at the end of the year. But wasting assets is this team's specialty, so there you have it.
Bang on, this team has wasted more players than any other team in the NHL. I hope one day the peope responsible for the final results are held accountable for their mismanagement. This group has to be the laughing stock of the NHL!

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Subban should sit. He has done nothing to merit playing the amount he has this season.

He has become a liability out there. Maybe a game in the pressbox could spark him.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
Bang on, this team has wasted more players than any other team in the NHL. I hope one day the peope responsible for the final results are held accountable for their mismanagement. This group has to be the laughing stock of the NHL!
This is exactly what the situation is!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Subban has been dragging down Gorges so why not separate them and limit Subban's minutes a bit. Kaberle isn't THAT bad defensively, put him with Gorges and he'll look decent.

Kaberle - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Emelin - Campoli

So sick of seeing plug veterans like Gill and Campoli playing over him, I'd like to see Emmy/Diaz re-united but no way we see any of the veterans getting sat.
This would be my ideal lineup.

But as you can see, the problem with Emelin is he has not adjusted to importance positioning yet. Our system is based on people being in position to block shots. I think Emelin in time will able to learn that, but for now Diaz fits into the system more.

Now if we agree on that system or not is a different thing.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Kriss E

I think 99% of the Habs fans need a damn vacation.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
BobbyFischer*

Seriously?

Emelin?

What?????

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Bandwagoner View Post
We'll take him off your hands if you have no use for him. I was shocked he was scratched Monday as I thought he was the best d-man on the ice that last time the B's and Habs met.
He is made for your team (Bruins), not soft enough for the Habs

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
BobbyFischer*

Emelin would be perfect in a Bruins jersey, honestly.

He would be encouraged to play with rage and punish opponents and he will be much more appreciated by their management.

I think he would really blossom with them.

Either way, he is gone next year... so maybe the bruins will actually get him, it's possible. He would look great in a Wings jersey too, or Flyers.

Montreal Canadiens Organization = lulz

Old
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Emelin would be perfect in a Bruins jersey, honestly.

He would be encouraged to play with rage and punish opponents and he will be much more appreciated by their management.

I think he would really blossom with them.

Either way, he is gone next year... so maybe the bruins will actually get him, it's possible. He would look great in a Wings jersey too, or Flyers.

Montreal Canadiens Organization = lulz
Give me a break...I'm a big Emelin fan too, but aside from maybe a 4-5 games, Emelin hasn't exactly looked stellar with the Habs so far. He's 2nd worst among Dmen on the Habs with a -6 and has struggled big time with his defensive positioning.

He's going to be a very good dman IMO, but he's still very raw in terms of positioning right now. There's nothing wrong with him being the #7 dman right now.

Just because the guy's made a few highlight reel hits, doesn't mean he's played well...his style of play is pleasing to the eye of the casual fan, but he's got a lot to work on IMO.

It'll come...but he's not there yet

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Give me a break...I'm a big Emelin fan too, but aside from maybe a 4-5 games, Emelin hasn't exactly looked stellar with the Habs so far. He's 2nd worst among Dmen on the Habs with a -6 and has struggled big time with his defensive positioning.

He's going to be a very good dman IMO, but he's still very raw in terms of positioning right now. There's nothing wrong with him being the #7 dman right now.

Just because the guy's made a few highlight reel hits, doesn't mean he's played well...his style of play is pleasing to the eye of the casual fan, but he's got a lot to work on IMO.

I agree with this. I also hate that people need to belittle Diaz in order to feel better about Emelin. Diaz has been a much better defensemen overall. People should look towards Gill if they are angry.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:33 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:

To Montreal:

Carle, 3rd round pick 2012

To Philly:

Emelin

?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Fire Randy Cunnyworth!!!!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Glad we spent 5 years courting the guy so we could completely waste him and probably lose him for good at the end of the year. But wasting assets is this team's specialty, so there you have it.
For a veteran moderator you exhibit very little patience

Emelin is a rookie, rookies get benched. They probably think Diaz contributes better defensively, which is a reasonable argument to make.

Weber being benched is a great sign though, that guy is ****.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

This/

End of story IMO

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I agree with this. I also hate that people need to belittle Diaz in order to feel better about Emelin. Diaz has been a much better defensemen overall. People should look towards Gill if they are angry.
Chris Crapoli as well.

Emelin won't get much experience if he's on the bench half the time. When our D was completely decimated he was playing steady and he improved his game steadily.

I don't wanna see him on the bench at all, he deserves his spot and he brings something which no other player has on this team: toughness.

He's a hitting machine that doesn't pick his targets and I love it.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Quote:
To Montreal:

To Philly:

Emelin

?
I'm not sure where you understood in my post that I want the Habs to trade him...I don't, I think he's got an excellent future as a solid 2nd pairing dman in the NHL.

But he's not there yet, and it's especially worse when he has to play on the right side of defense.

Diaz has surprised me, he's got more tenacity than I expected + the fact he's a right handed shot, for now to me, I place him ahead of Emelin.

The guy I would sit for Emelin would be Gill...but Gill's PK presence is difficult to ignore. You lose a huge piece of what is a strength with him out of the lineup.

Old
Paul Dipietro

Rumor is that he's getting French lessons during the games he's scratched. Should be able to interact fluently with the airport personnel at PET before he flies back home...

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
To Montreal:

To Philly:

Emelin

?
Nah, he'll be UFA the end of the season

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Just another case of a young player suffering in the Habs organization to try and put merit to an off-season acquisition or trade.

Chris Campoli will never sit so long as he is healthy because PG wants to make sure his 'move' is validated. When Campoli has done nothing since being a Hab other then get injured, take ice-time from young defenceman and turn the puck over for GWG's. Oh, and make terrible reads defensively, covering sections of the ice rather than players and making Gill look even worse.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Just another case of a young player suffering in the Habs organization to try and put merit to an off-season acquisition or trade.

Chris Campoli will never sit so long as he is healthy because PG wants to make sure his 'move' is validated. When Campoli has done nothing since being a Hab other then get injured, take ice-time from young defenceman and turn the puck over for GWG's. Oh, and make terrible reads defensively, covering sections of the ice rather than players and making Gill look even worse.
Agreed that Campoli hasn't looked any better than Emelin has on the right side...however, he does bring an element of puck movement and presence on the
2nd PP unit, which is why he's in the lineup.

Again, there's nothing wrong with Emelin sitting right now...he hasn't exactly earned more playing time IMO. He'll just have to continue to work hard in practice and when he does get his shot, play well enough to deserve staying in the lineup.

But aside from moving Gorges back over to the right side or sitting Gill out...it'll be tough for him to get in.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
He isn't nearly as good as he's made out to be around these parts, but he does deserve to be in the lineup (if only because the current lineup doesn't seem to be getting the job done).

It's funny how people are so willing to gloss over his mistakes (and he makes his fair share) yet don't hesitate to **** on Diaz. They're both in the same situation here.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:52 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Agreed that Campoli hasn't looked any better than Emelin has on the right side...however, he does bring an element of puck movement and presence on the
2nd PP unit, which is why he's in the lineup.

Again, there's nothing wrong with Emelin sitting right now...he hasn't exactly earned more playing time IMO. He'll just have to continue to work hard in practice and when he does get his shot, play well enough to deserve staying in the lineup.

But aside from moving Gorges back over to the right side or sitting Gill out...it'll be tough for him to get in.
Emelin is actually very good at moving the puck and he knows when to jump in on the rush unlike Campoli who does it at the wrong times. Emelin has only looked bad since being put on the opposite side.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
complain as much as you want but Emelin is too soft for this team, we need guys who can really hit and Emelin is not that. That is way tough guys like Diaz and Campoli get to play before him.
We need to keep the identity of this team, the toughest team to play against in NHL.
Sarcasm is like a second language to me, so I for one totally get what you're doing here.... and I like it!

jwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

No worries Gauthier days are numbered. It is just a matter of days or hours. Emelin will play soon, no worries!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote