HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mtl media too harsh?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
And you'll go to jail for a stupid reason for something that you don't control and, by the way, it's only a sport....
It's only a sport? I thought this was about keeping the allegedly struggling Quebec culture alive?

waffledave
Old
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
And you don't own the team either so zip it, people in Quebec have the rights to say what they want, what they think. As a private company, Molson can do whatever he wants with the Habs, that being said he as a board to answer to, and there is 21 000 something investors every 41 games that may have a word to say about the way he's doing business.

I don't agree with the menu at McDonalds, they don't have to listen to me, but if enough of the customers are unhappy and they say it, and stop supporting the businness, McDonalds will have to do changes, it's the cost of doing business
How much money did you spend on the habs this year exactly?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

We already closed the last thread and this one will go too if the discussion doesn't move away from personal comments and strictly political commentary.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
It's a business

So if you need a french coach to make more money . Do it

And no it's not about winning. In Montreal it's Stanley cup or bust . Randy will not win a cup here.
And neither will a francophone coach, not with this hockey team built by Mickey Mouse

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You live up to your name quite well here.
well, you know what, i'm tired of people whining.... I'm moving, media sucks, people are racist.... it's only freaking hockey.... people should listen to the word of the prophet Jesus Price and RELAX...CHILL....

Old
12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
We all have our struggles. Get over it and stop whining.

It's not you versus the world. When you bring in that kind of rhetoric, you risk polarizing an issue that should not even be an issue. "WE ENGLISH PEOPLE" can't care about your struggles because, contrary to what you may think, you're not the centre of the world, and it doesn't revolve around you. We all have our own struggles to deal with as well.

WE ARE NOT ALL "ENGLISH PEOPLE", stop stereotyping. Canada is made up of a number of ethnicities that have adopted english as a second language. I was born here and English is my first language now, even though i learned my parents native tongue first. I have the same idiologies as the Quebecers in the sense that, when i have kids, chances are that they will not speak my ancestors native tongue, and it bothers me BUT I know how i can change that though. It's called moving back to the country of my native tongue so that, they will learn and speak it on a daily basis.

Maybe you should consider this as well. You're living in a bubble if you think that you can somehow stop this adoption of the english language within Quebec. Due to many social and economic influences, it's inevitable. Never fear though because it doesn't mean that you all of a sudden lose the Quebec native tongue ( Notice how i didn't say french language? that's because even the french make a mockery of Quebec, i know because i've been to France ).

I know the truth hurts, but get over it. I already did. I FEEL that my ancestors native tongue is more important than yours. Of course many xenophobes on this board will beg to differ ( as has been done many times already ) and most likely try to call me racist or what not, but it's just one opinion over the other. thats all.
My, i sure hope you enjoyed pissing on my nation, culture and identity. I get it: you don't care, you don't want to care, and it's all the same to you if we cease to exist as a distinct people.

We disagree, I and all the other people who are willing to make a stand about it. Don't really care what you think in the end, we are and will be masters of our own fate.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Gros Bill

THe only thing more hysterical than the media right now are the fans, anglo and francophone, going waaaaaaaay overboard. Typical day in Habland.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
well, you know what, i'm tired of people whining.... I'm moving, media sucks, people are racist.... it's only freaking hockey.... people should listen to the word of the prophet Jesus Price and RELAX...CHILL....
Besides Francophones and politicians, no one is really whining. When a Francophone is hired and qualified as best for the job, the Anglophones don't go around complaining and wanted a guy removed before even starting his job

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
I'm kind of perturbed that you're saying the people that should relax are the ones TELLING OTHERS TO CHILL OUT.

The media, government and fans have gone on a frenzy over the hiring of Randy.
People here are saying it's ridiculous and are fed up with the non-sense over an english speaking coach. Now you're telling those guys to relax?? Jesus man, you live in the Bizarro world.

As you said, it's only freaking hockey. So you can chill the freak out and live with an english speaking INTERIM coach.

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Actually, I have two ears.
good for you, english not being my native language, i accept the fact that i may make mistakes writing it, and as a tolerant person, i would not use that as an excuse to bit$&....

And people are wondering the problems between the two solitudes with attitude like that?

No wonder the speaking language of the coach makes such a story....

Old
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
It should go like this --> Ave fun Hin Hontario. Go cheers for the Leafs, Hi ear Heverything His fine there.
mocking someone writing mistakes.... fine arguments young man, your mother must be very proud....

Old
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
My, i sure hope you enjoyed pissing on my nation, culture and identity. I get it: you don't care, you don't want to care, and it's all the same to you if we cease to exist as a distinct people.

We disagree, I and all the other people who are willing to make a stand about it. Don't really care what you think in the end, we are and will be masters of our own fate.
Cease to exist?? Jesus Christ man, this is pathetic.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Besides Francophones and politicians, no one is really whining. When a Francophone is hired and qualified as best for the job, the Anglophones don't go around complaining and wanted a guy removed before even starting his job
Oh come on, this thread is full of whining, mainly by anglophones (normal as this is an English board).

Old
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
No, he just shouldn't cater to the lunatic fringe. I hope the Nordiques do comeback, so a few of ya's take a hike.
Fringe??? are you a moron.... of course on this english board, surrended by what 20 000 habs fans, it may look as fringe, but in Quebec, there is 8 millions people living, substract 1 million anglos, and maybe 2 millions that don't give a dam about hockey, that leaves 5 millions and of these 5 millions, 20% care really about the issue, it's 1 million... i would not call that fringe....

Old
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Oh come on, this thread is full of whining, mainly by anglophones (normal as this is an English board).
There wouldn't be any French on an English web site .

Old
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Agreed about the board here

I was just saying the reason it all started was the media and the politicians. It's gone a little too far and even most of the people I work with franco's couldn't give a rats ass who coaches this team

Old
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
More often than not, the commentator on the TV will translate whatever the coach said.

So, you really don't have anything to say. It's just stupid.
because you speak english, and maybe are bilingual, you don't have the perspectice that other people do....

If the Habs would have done the same hiring in 2025, it might be a different story as the new generations don't have the same dilemna with english, but right now, as you can see with all the commotions, it's still really and issue

Old
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Agreed about the board here

I was just saying the reason it all started was the media and the politicians. It's gone a little too far and even most of the people I work with franco's couldn't give a rats ass who coaches this team
No hockey fans where I work and haven't heard not even ONE person talking about it.

(Watch someone walk into my office now and ask me about it. My answer is ready, I sent my resume to apply for the job, in English and French. Also sent my resume to the North Korean authorities, but that's a bit opf a long-shot).

Old
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Then those people have bigger problems.
yeah, but it's not my position to judge and it's not yours either...

Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
And neither will a francophone coach, not with this hockey team built by Mickey Mouse
That's why I think they should hire a french coach.

They won't win the cup this year anyway. Why would they want to put even more pressure on the player.

Fans will boo even more at the Bell. People in Quebec want a French coach they will just be more piss if the product on the ice suck.

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Isn't that what happens to people and nations who are on the losing side of demographic battles?

Because that's what happens. And that's what we fear will happen in the long run.
Losing a demographic battle?? Jesus, relax. The world will probably end before english is on par with french in Qc.

Ease off the weed, it doesn't help with paranoia.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
No hockey fans where I work and haven't heard not even ONE person talking about it.
Maybe you should stop working from home

Old
12-21-2011, 10:46 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's only a sport? I thought this was about keeping the allegedly struggling Quebec culture alive?
i didn't say that. But if people are acting crazy, you doing the same is not exactly upping the debate....

Old
12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Maybe you should stop working from home
Touché! Maybe my mom will unlock the basement door.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
That's why I think they should hire a french coach.

They won't win the cup this year anyway. Why would they want to put even more pressure on the player.

Fans will boo even more at the Bell. People in Quebec want a French coach they will just be more piss if the product on the ice suck.
Exactly and that's the problem. So instead of building a great hockey team like back in the day, the Montreal Canadiens goal has become to make people happy. That is pathetic if you ask me. I want to see this team win, I don't care where the GM or coach comes from, win that's it! Cunneyworth isn't even been giving a shot here and already being asked to leave. This organization is becoming a real joke, the media and politicians who aren't even fans BTW can go you know where

Closed Thread