HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mtl media too harsh?

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
because you speak english, and maybe are bilingual, you don't have the perspectice that other people do....

If the Habs would have done the same hiring in 2025, it might be a different story as the new generations don't have the same dilemna with english, but right now, as you can see with all the commotions, it's still really and issue
It's not because they have a different perspective that they're right.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
i didn't say that. But if people are acting crazy, you doing the same is not exactly upping the debate....
Sometimes the only way for people to realize how stupid their argument is... is to show them the complete opposite in an equally stupid way.

waffledave
Old
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Touché! Maybe my mom will unlock the basement door.
Make sure you put that on your Christmas list!

Old
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
what the hell are you talking about? where to i get in the conversation, i'm not reffering to me idiot, what i'm saying is that if enough people feel it's an issue and they do pressure on Molson, he would have to listen business wise....

And for your info, i spent enough on the habs this season for the quality of products they are serving me....
Don't buy Molson and boycott him if you wish. Some will get their wish and he will sell the team, too bad no one from Quebec will step up and buy them

Old
12-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Sometimes the only way for people to realize how stupid their argument is... is to show them the complete opposite in an equally stupid way.
I know what you mean.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Exactly and that's the problem. So instead of building a great hockey team like back in the day, the Montreal Canadiens goal has become to make people happy. That is pathetic if you ask me. I want to see this team win, I don't care where the GM or coach comes from, win that's it! Cunneyworth isn't even been giving a shot here and already being asked to leave. This organization is becoming a real joke, the media and politicians who aren't even fans BTW can go you know where
Ultimately, this is my issue.

Cunneyworth hasn't even started, and people are already trying to run him out of town.

Because of hockey? No.

Because he isn't the right ethnicity? Yes.

And that's wrong. Nothing you can say will convince me. Anyone is allowed to have an opinion, but opinions can be wrong.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Besides Francophones and politicians, no one is really whining. When a Francophone is hired and qualified as best for the job, the Anglophones don't go around complaining and wanted a guy removed before even starting his job
oh only francos and politicians??? Oh i forgot anglos are perfect, sorry for dissing you monsieur

By the way, go way back and see the way Vigneault, Therrien, Julien and Carbonneau were treated on this site.... and they did very well elsewhere so, i'm not sure anglos are better (Or maybe there is no francophone people good enough to coach the Habs)

Old
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Finish your sentence to avoid being a hyppocrit.

"it's not because people have a different perspective that they're right... Or wrong"

You cant say if we are right or wrong to hold the beliefs that we hold. We just do, for our own cultural reasons. Things we believe are acceptable are bad for other people, and vice-versa. That's what diversity is all about.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Don't buy Molson and boycott him if you wish. Some will get their wish and he will sell the team, too bad no one from Quebec will step up and buy them
Funny thing is he is from Quebec. Molson is as much a Quebecer as anyone else from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
I know what you mean.
Glad you understood the rhetoric. Not many people do.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
By the way, go way back and see the way Vigneault, Therrien, Julien and Carbonneau were treated on this site.... and they did very well elsewhere so, i'm not sure anglos are better (Or maybe there is no francophone people good enough to coach the Habs)
They were judged based on the performance of this hockey team.

Cunneyworth is being judged based on the language he speaks.

You do see a difference here, don't you?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Ultimately, this is my issue.

Cunneyworth hasn't even started, and people are already trying to run him out of town.

Because of hockey? No.

Because he isn't the right ethnicity? Yes.

And that's wrong. Nothing you can say will convince me. Anyone is allowed to have an opinion, but opinions can be wrong.
I'm not even sure if ethnicity has anything to do with it, I think it's all about the language. He could be african, so long that he spoke french. Because it's very important for Jean-Guy Tremblay in Oujé-Bougoumou to understand the 2min post game interview from the coach and not need a translation.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
oh only francos and politicians??? Oh i forgot anglos are perfect, sorry for dissing you monsieur

Yes it started with the french media and followed by politicians.

they were treated the same way as an english sucking at job would be, we all got fed up of Gainey and wanted to move on. I don't think you realize we are asking what is best for this team, I don't care where they come from!

Oh and BTW those guys fired, it started with media members as well so blame your own!

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
no, but they exist, and like it or not, right now, in quebec, they are a majority

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:

I don't know. He's 0-2-0 so far. Not much of a record to show.

And he's criticized on the language he DOESN'T speak. Not his origins. Not his ethnicity. Not the language he can speak.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
maybe to change one person mind, but to change a massive amount of people, not so sure...

Old
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
I'm not even sure if ethnicity has anything to do with it, I think it's all about the language. He could be african, so long that he spoke french. Because it's very important for Jean-Guy Tremblay in Oujé-Bougoumou to understand the 2min post game interview from the coach and not need a translation.
My point exactly.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Do you seriously believe that if they could have purchase the habs 2 years ago, Quebecor would be involve that much with Quebec and the Nordiques thing?

Old
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I don't know. He's 0-2-0 so far. Not much of a record to show.

And he's criticized on the language he DOESN'T speak. Not his origins. Not his ethnicity. Not the language he can speak.
Tell you what. If the guy has a crap record after 2 months I will want him out too. But the guy just started and people are wanting him out before he even has a chance to do anything.

His first practice with the team was yesterday.

As for your second point, I'm not so sure. That doesn't really explain the Journal de Montreal's headline yesterday, mocking him in english.

Old
habitue*

Too many medias to cover one REAL pro team in Montreal.

It is a real dog fight out thre to sell papers and get ratings.

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Finish your sentence to avoid being a hyppocrit.

"it's not because people have a different perspective that they're right... Or wrong"

You cant say if we are right or wrong to hold the beliefs that we hold. We just do, for our own cultural reasons. Things we believe are acceptable are bad for other people, and vice-versa. That's what diversity is all about.
There's a limit to it.

Having a belief is one thing, asking for the dismissal of a coach because of your belief is another thing.
You're asking for the firing of a coach, because of a personal belief. Quite unreasonable.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Do you seriously believe that if they could have purchase the habs 2 years ago, Quebecor would be involve that much with Quebec and the Nordiques thing?
Where were they when Molson sold them the 1st time to American born George Gillett?

Old
12-21-2011, 11:06 AM
HABsurde

Quote:

i honestly don't think Randy is the issue here, it's more on Molson and Gauthier... I honestly don't think the fans will give a damn about Randy's no french speaking if the teams win, that being said, i don't believe this team will succede, and Randy will have part of the blame thrown at him even thought he was put in a lose-lose situations....

Old
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Ginu

Here's my question. Surely there are some English media outlets in Montreal right? How come we're only hearing about the French side of it? If they want to start a war in the media, the English media should take offense and respond. Right now the French media is having a field day with the Canadiens. Why doesn't someone in the English media do the same for the other side? We may then see some normalcy in this situation because this is getting out of control.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Exactly and that's the problem. So instead of building a great hockey team like back in the day, the Montreal Canadiens goal has become to make people happy. That is pathetic if you ask me. I want to see this team win, I don't care where the GM or coach comes from, win that's it! Cunneyworth isn't even been giving a shot here and already being asked to leave. This organization is becoming a real joke, the media and politicians who aren't even fans BTW can go you know where
Just hire Roy and it will be alot of fun for everyone

Old
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
mocking someone writing mistakes.... fine arguments young man, your mother must be very proud....
Telling someone to go cheer for the Leafs because he moves to Toronto is a fine argument. Your mother must be proud.

Closed Thread