HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Justifying Turris Trade

Old
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Justifying the trade?

-Fills need on multiple levels, position, skill level in top 6, young player
-Marginal risk, he's a player, and a useful player at worst. Has an elite quality shot, with nice skating and uses feet all over the ice from what I've seen
-Best case scenario speeds the rebuild up and has potential to be a defining move for the rebuild.

Center depth is where it's at.
Agreed he is a much needed boost to our forward corps,and not having rundblad playing on our blueline is addition by subtraction.We are a better team for this move ,and the second rounder will be considered chump change after all is said and done

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Our forwards are better for having him,and our defense is better right now without rundblad.I really like the trade
This is nothing but true.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:49 PM
pdog1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
You know, you're probably right, especially with those who initially freaked out, and the after a day began to come around. I tend not to get too emotionally charged by transactions, preferring the joy of rational critical analysis (pretty much the only thing I took from Uni).

I know exactly what you mean, I can barely remember how to get to my university let alone what was taught in the lectures...

Perhaps I was a little harsh, if I was I apologize, I remember really enjoying my psych classes, at least I remember that much!

Let's be honest though, your prof would be proud that you remembered enough about cognitive dissonance to use it in a real life setting, and be able to explain it as well!
Real-life setting? Is HFBoards passing for that now?

pdog1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog1979 View Post
Real-life setting? Is HFBoards passing for that now?
Touche...

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
playasRus

Could Turris coming from a team that preaches defence first be a blessing in disguise for Ottawa?

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

Trade has been justified

Lyndon Slewidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

first game,

7-2 in faceoffs

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
first game,

7-2 in faceoffs
When I watched over some of his games I did notice he wins more draws than he loses.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

The way Turris played last night I am more than satisfied with this trade & now consider the 2nd rd pick as what was needed to make the deal. Turris was great in the faceoff circle last night something that surprised me, I didn't realize he was that good at it. It doesn't mean he will keep it up but it was a pleasant surprise & something he obviously works at. He is bigger than I thought he was & looks stronger too, he doesn't get knocked off the puck very easily & he is fast.

On one shift last night I saw Turris make a good hit, stole the puck, made a good shot on net with a defender on him, then fought for the puck & got it over to Condra who always works hard for everything he gets & he made a nice goal. Turris showed that he is an excellent two way player & determined getting all the way back to the crease on one play to prevent a goal. The opposite was watching Spezza hovering around the blueline a couple of times instead of going back into our defensive zone to help defend against a goal.

Of course, it's early but Turris showed more in one game than Filatov has shown in all his time here. But having said that, I can see where they might just be able to help each other on the same line. We may never know now since dick head decided to go back to Russia, but just think of the possibilities if he would have just had the patience to wait. Maybe he comes back next yr maybe he doesn't but if he can get his **** together we have the makings of a very good second line for next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
TURRIS: I can be a lot better It felt really good (to hear the crowd). Id like to thank everybody for the support. It felt like home.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:52 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
The way Turris played last night I am more than satisfied with this trade & now consider the 2nd rd pick as what was needed to make the deal. Turris was great in the faceoff circle last night something that surprised me, I didn't realize he was that good at it. It doesn't mean he will keep it up but it was a pleasant surprise & something he obviously works at. He is bigger than I thought he was & looks stronger too, he doesn't get knocked off the puck very easily & he is fast.

On one shift last night I saw Turris make a good hit, stole the puck, made a good shot on net with a defender on him, then fought for the puck & got it over to Condra who always works hard for everything he gets & he made a nice goal. Turris showed that he is an excellent two way player & determined getting all the way back to the crease on one play to prevent a goal. The opposite was watching Spezza hovering around the blueline a couple of times instead of going back into our defensive zone to help defend against a goal.

Of course, it's early but Turris showed more in one game than Filatov has shown in all his time here. But having said that, I can see where they might just be able to help each other on the same line. We may never know now since dick head decided to go back to Russia, but just think of the possibilities if he would have just had the patience to wait. Maybe he comes back next yr maybe he doesn't but if he can get his **** together we have the makings of a very good second line for next season.
Sorry I am not good in English could you explain me this? Only explanation because I learn English from boards comments too. Thanks.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
TURRIS: I can be a lot better It felt really good (to hear the crowd). Id like to thank everybody for the support. It felt like home.
*goose bumps*

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Sorry I am not good in English could you explain me this? Only explanation because I learn English from boards comments too. Thanks.
It means

пениса глав

or

koht hlavy

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Johnny Hanson

vCash: 50
Quote:
its an expression used to describe a person you are not particularly fond of

Johnny Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:23 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Good for him to acknowledge he didnt play his greatest game. With his shot and skating ability, he has the potential to be MUCH better.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Good for him to acknowledge he didnt play his greatest game. With his shot and skating ability, he has the potential to be MUCH better.
I've seen him play a lot better. Hell, I saw him play better in a game 11 days ago. He looked like what most college kids look like in their mid-season debut.

Said he'll be better than that, and then after the game he said it too. Can't disagree with him, that game wasn't up to his standards. Not sure he realized that even many of his detractors were happy with his effort last night anyways.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

Quote:
It's an insult; "dick" is another word for penis. He was basically calling him a penis head, however that is not the expression commonly used. You can still use it however, and I would laugh, but more commonly you will hear "dick head"

Lyndon Slewidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I've seen him play a lot better. Hell, I saw him play better in a game 11 days ago. He looked like what most college kids look like in their mid-season debut.

Said he'll be better than that, and then after the game he said it too. Can't disagree with him, that game wasn't up to his standards. Not sure he realized that even many of his detractors were happy with his effort last night anyways.
I was happy with his game. I didnt expect him to come in here, score three goals and beat up Paul Gaustad, but Im not going to give him an A+ because ohhhhhhhhh Kyle Turris got a point. He struggled at times, which is expected considering his ordeal and lack of proper playing time.

His talent is not debatable, however. Im assuming Phoenix had an issue with his board work, grinding obviously isnt his style of choice.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
It means

пениса глав

or

koht hlavy
it really not

Old
12-21-2011, 04:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seels View Post
It's an insult; "dick" is another word for penis. He was basically calling him a penis head, however that is not the expression commonly used. You can still use it however, and I would laugh, but more commonly you will hear "dick head"
Simply this word isnt censured here so he used it.