HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/20/11 "Dogs And Cats, Living Together, Mass Hysteria!" - Coyotes VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 04:18 AM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Man, I'm to upset to type after watching highlights. These injuries will kill us. We weren't scoring enough before but now it's going to be even harder. It's seriously our destiny to make the playoff's this year. You can see it in the crowd and team and feel it from watching. ****ing injuries!!!!!

Last edited by Acadmus: 12-21-2011 at 05:00 AM. Reason: completing the censorship of profanity...he self-edited but not enough.
Old
12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

It just wasn't to be last night. The refs did us no favors and we had some bad luck. If that's what it takes to defeat us then I think we have a lot to be excited about.

Old
12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
almost 18k there on a tuesday night against the phoenix coyotes....lol. im pretty sure it's safe to say the bandwagon is growing.

if we were doing our usual "struggling-to-stay-.500" bit, that would have been an 11-12ker, tops. i can't think of a worse draw than a phoenix coyotes game on a tuesday night. maybe nashville?
Agree. I sat down and looked around and was so impressed I went on this board to report a surprising and electric crowd at puck drop.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
It just wasn't to be last night. The refs did us no favors and we had some bad luck. If that's what it takes to defeat us then I think we have a lot to be excited about.
After the big disparity in penalties and the horrible offsides call late in the 3rd, this could have been Dineen's next option:

Old
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Tuco

We have to start scoring again. Injuries or not.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
After the big disparity in penalties and the horrible offsides call late in the 3rd, this could have been Dineen's next option:

You made me sad. I miss Captain Video.

Quote:
His favourite stop was Florida, where he took a collection of castoffs to a 33-34-17 expansion-season record on John Vanbiesbrouck's goaltending and stifling defensive play.

"Of all the places I've coached, it was probably my most enjoyable two years," he said. "There was a special bond there between us all and they all felt it and I did, too.

"It was a great experience."
BTW, of course you realize this is one of the reasons that fans started waving white towels at games.

Old
12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
you know what actually I think last nights game had A LOT of tickets given away by Yormark to the local jewish groups. It was strange to me to find almost nothing available on stubhub but yet the arena be so packed. Definitely a rare crowd for a tuesday and I don't expect that kind of crowd against Toronto in 6 days

Old
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Man... last night was just not our night.

I started watching at the end of the second period, literally just after Campbell scored. Loved his reaction to that goal.

Have to say - Phoenix was just all over us, and with our lineup depleted good on them for taking advantage. I had hoped when Smith went out that we'd just pepper LaBarbera with shots, but sadly that was not meant to be...

That final minute though - wow! Weiss' penalty shot (curse the snow in the crease!!!!), and the flurry right up until the last second.

Also will add my props to the crowd. Loudest I've ever heard the crowd on TV this year. Nicely done ladies and gents!!! You were there for our boys, and I honestly think it helps them to hear those chants late in the games.

Old
12-21-2011, 01:54 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
you know what actually I think last nights game had A LOT of tickets given away by Yormark to the local jewish groups. It was strange to me to find almost nothing available on stubhub but yet the arena be so packed. Definitely a rare crowd for a tuesday and I don't expect that kind of crowd against Toronto in 6 days
Those tickets were NOT given away but from my undewrstanding talking to a few of the group members around us they were discounted as any group sales. Of course it was marketed to them as a Hannukah event. In any event it was about 500 tickets according to a tweet, so even if its a thousand, thats still close to 17000 without them. And good job on Yormarck filling seats and making it a more fun atmosphere as a result.

Its really moe of a christmas break thing, college students etc. The fact is if the team sucked, 4 or 5 thousand would have used their $$ otherwise.

Old
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
Also will add my props to the crowd. Loudest I've ever heard the crowd on TV this year. Nicely done ladies and gents!!! You were there for our boys, and I honestly think it helps them to hear those chants late in the games.
CW I have to go back to the Bure days to remember the LGP chant filling the whole arena.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Those tickets were NOT given away but from my undewrstanding talking to a few of the group members around us they were discounted as any group sales. Of course it was marketed to them as a Hannukah event. In any event it was about 500 tickets according to a tweet, so even if its a thousand, thats still close to 17000 without them. And good job on Yormarck filling seats and making it a more fun atmosphere as a result.

Its really moe of a christmas break thing, college students etc. The fact is if the team sucked, 4 or 5 thousand would have used their $$ otherwise.
Don't get me wrong because I love to see the BAC filled as much as anyone else on here but it seems rather strange to me that Phoenix outdrew Calgary (canadian snowbirds) on a Tuesday over a Sunday.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:13 PM
blackpanthers

Dadanov and Repik were called up so it looks like Sammy and Sturm are both out for at least a couple of games

Old
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
Don't get me wrong because I love to see the BAC filled as much as anyone else on here but it seems rather strange to me that Phoenix outdrew Calgary (canadian snowbirds) on a Tuesday over a Sunday.
No worries!

Old
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Boooooth10

Here's the Biznasty interview with Allison for anyone that missed it last night. It's on tsn.ca too. lol

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/page...5-f8ce6a78d735

Old
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Here's the Biznasty interview with Allison for anyone that missed it last night. It's on tsn.ca too. lol

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/page...5-f8ce6a78d735
funniest thing in a long time...

Old
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
just saw the highlights... 1 inch away... wow. I'm not sad about the loss, the Coyotes are a good team, gotta take 2 from Ottawa. That's all we can do.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:43 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
just saw the highlights... 1 inch away... wow. I'm not sad about the loss, the Coyotes are a good team, gotta take 2 from Ottawa. That's all we can do.
And that would give us 7 points in the loast 5 and make me very happy. Thats why i enjoy looking at segments.

AS depeleted as we are this is going to be a tough holiday stretch...

Old
12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
I rather us go in a rut right now... more days off around this time of year. This will allow us to get healthier and get things re-worked as we have ahl'ers filling our bottom two lines.

Another thing I am interested in is what our D will look like - Jovo. Ellerby has looked good this season when he has played and it seems like Guds has been playing a lot better when he's not with Jovo.

Old
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Pantherfan12

I've been thinking about the game all day, and I gotta say that I am very happy and proud of the the effort from this team. It was most definately a hard pill to swallow, with the bad officiating and the PS goal sitting on the goal line, but thinking about the entire game as a whole the team came back from a 2-0 deficit and played LITERALLY right down to the last second. I actually,for some crazy reason, feel like this loss will motivate the team and help them overcome the recent injury bug and continue to find ways to win hockey games. I think Weiss is going to think about the puck sitting on the goal line, and I think it's going to eat away at him, but in a good way, and I think it's going to help him be more aggressive in the next few games and score some goals. I hope to see a 2nd line of Kopecky-Matthias-Dadanov tomorrow night because I think it will be a strong line. Matthias is becoming a great 2nd line center and looks amazing out there and I think Dadanov and Matthias could possibly have some good chemistry out there. Both are fast, both has decent hands, and I can see them finding chemistry with Kopecky to give us a legit 2nd line.

Also,with the call-ups and injuries we have, I am also not worried. While I can't wait to have Goc,Bergy,and Upshall back in the lineup I know Dadanov can produce and I really did enjoy Thomas and Kennedy's energy last night. I think we're going to have some more energy from these three and I hope Repik can find the energy as well.

Old
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
Man... last night was just not our night.

I started watching at the end of the second period, literally just after Campbell scored. Loved his reaction to that goal.

Have to say - Phoenix was just all over us, and with our lineup depleted good on them for taking advantage. I had hoped when Smith went out that we'd just pepper LaBarbera with shots, but sadly that was not meant to be...

That final minute though - wow! Weiss' penalty shot (curse the snow in the crease!!!!), and the flurry right up until the last second.

Yeh, when they were on the powerplay...which was a good portion of the game. 5 on 5 we were clearly the better team. Every time we gathered momentum and hemmed them in, a penalty was called, it happened on at least 3 separate occasions.

Closed Thread