HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/20/11 "Dogs And Cats, Living Together, Mass Hysteria!" - Coyotes VS Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2011, 04:18 AM
  #301
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Man, I'm to upset to type after watching highlights. These injuries will kill us. We weren't scoring enough before but now it's going to be even harder. It's seriously our destiny to make the playoff's this year. You can see it in the crowd and team and feel it from watching. ****ing injuries!!!!!


Last edited by Acadmus: 12-21-2011 at 05:00 AM. Reason: completing the censorship of profanity...he self-edited but not enough.
nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
  #302
jkscott
Florida Panther STH
 
jkscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
It just wasn't to be last night. The refs did us no favors and we had some bad luck. If that's what it takes to defeat us then I think we have a lot to be excited about.

jkscott is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
  #303
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
almost 18k there on a tuesday night against the phoenix coyotes....lol. im pretty sure it's safe to say the bandwagon is growing.

if we were doing our usual "struggling-to-stay-.500" bit, that would have been an 11-12ker, tops. i can't think of a worse draw than a phoenix coyotes game on a tuesday night. maybe nashville?
Agree. I sat down and looked around and was so impressed I went on this board to report a surprising and electric crowd at puck drop.

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
  #304
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
It just wasn't to be last night. The refs did us no favors and we had some bad luck. If that's what it takes to defeat us then I think we have a lot to be excited about.
After the big disparity in penalties and the horrible offsides call late in the 3rd, this could have been Dineen's next option:


panthersfan751 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
  #305
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
We have to start scoring again. Injuries or not.

Tuco is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM
  #306
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
After the big disparity in penalties and the horrible offsides call late in the 3rd, this could have been Dineen's next option:

You made me sad. I miss Captain Video.

Quote:
His favourite stop was Florida, where he took a collection of castoffs to a 33-34-17 expansion-season record on John Vanbiesbrouck's goaltending and stifling defensive play.

"Of all the places I've coached, it was probably my most enjoyable two years," he said. "There was a special bond there between us all and they all felt it and I did, too.

"It was a great experience."
BTW, of course you realize this is one of the reasons that fans started waving white towels at games.

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
  #307
flomarilius
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 335
vCash: 515
you know what actually I think last nights game had A LOT of tickets given away by Yormark to the local jewish groups. It was strange to me to find almost nothing available on stubhub but yet the arena be so packed. Definitely a rare crowd for a tuesday and I don't expect that kind of crowd against Toronto in 6 days

flomarilius is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
  #308
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill
 
CatWoman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Man... last night was just not our night.

I started watching at the end of the second period, literally just after Campbell scored. Loved his reaction to that goal.

Have to say - Phoenix was just all over us, and with our lineup depleted good on them for taking advantage. I had hoped when Smith went out that we'd just pepper LaBarbera with shots, but sadly that was not meant to be...

That final minute though - wow! Weiss' penalty shot (curse the snow in the crease!!!!), and the flurry right up until the last second.

Also will add my props to the crowd. Loudest I've ever heard the crowd on TV this year. Nicely done ladies and gents!!! You were there for our boys, and I honestly think it helps them to hear those chants late in the games.

CatWoman34 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 01:54 PM
  #309
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
you know what actually I think last nights game had A LOT of tickets given away by Yormark to the local jewish groups. It was strange to me to find almost nothing available on stubhub but yet the arena be so packed. Definitely a rare crowd for a tuesday and I don't expect that kind of crowd against Toronto in 6 days
Those tickets were NOT given away but from my undewrstanding talking to a few of the group members around us they were discounted as any group sales. Of course it was marketed to them as a Hannukah event. In any event it was about 500 tickets according to a tweet, so even if its a thousand, thats still close to 17000 without them. And good job on Yormarck filling seats and making it a more fun atmosphere as a result.

Its really moe of a christmas break thing, college students etc. The fact is if the team sucked, 4 or 5 thousand would have used their $$ otherwise.

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
  #310
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
Also will add my props to the crowd. Loudest I've ever heard the crowd on TV this year. Nicely done ladies and gents!!! You were there for our boys, and I honestly think it helps them to hear those chants late in the games.
CW I have to go back to the Bure days to remember the LGP chant filling the whole arena.

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
  #311
flomarilius
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 335
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Those tickets were NOT given away but from my undewrstanding talking to a few of the group members around us they were discounted as any group sales. Of course it was marketed to them as a Hannukah event. In any event it was about 500 tickets according to a tweet, so even if its a thousand, thats still close to 17000 without them. And good job on Yormarck filling seats and making it a more fun atmosphere as a result.

Its really moe of a christmas break thing, college students etc. The fact is if the team sucked, 4 or 5 thousand would have used their $$ otherwise.
Don't get me wrong because I love to see the BAC filled as much as anyone else on here but it seems rather strange to me that Phoenix outdrew Calgary (canadian snowbirds) on a Tuesday over a Sunday.

flomarilius is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:13 PM
  #312
blackpanthers
Registered User
 
blackpanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Dadanov and Repik were called up so it looks like Sammy and Sturm are both out for at least a couple of games

blackpanthers is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
  #313
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
Don't get me wrong because I love to see the BAC filled as much as anyone else on here but it seems rather strange to me that Phoenix outdrew Calgary (canadian snowbirds) on a Tuesday over a Sunday.
No worries!

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM
  #314
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Here's the Biznasty interview with Allison for anyone that missed it last night. It's on tsn.ca too. lol

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/page...5-f8ce6a78d735

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
  #315
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Here's the Biznasty interview with Allison for anyone that missed it last night. It's on tsn.ca too. lol

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/page...5-f8ce6a78d735
funniest thing in a long time...

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
  #316
Bure1096
Registered User
 
Bure1096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
just saw the highlights... 1 inch away... wow. I'm not sad about the loss, the Coyotes are a good team, gotta take 2 from Ottawa. That's all we can do.

Bure1096 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 02:43 PM
  #317
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
just saw the highlights... 1 inch away... wow. I'm not sad about the loss, the Coyotes are a good team, gotta take 2 from Ottawa. That's all we can do.
And that would give us 7 points in the loast 5 and make me very happy. Thats why i enjoy looking at segments.

AS depeleted as we are this is going to be a tough holiday stretch...

adam graves is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
  #318
Bure1096
Registered User
 
Bure1096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
I rather us go in a rut right now... more days off around this time of year. This will allow us to get healthier and get things re-worked as we have ahl'ers filling our bottom two lines.

Another thing I am interested in is what our D will look like - Jovo. Ellerby has looked good this season when he has played and it seems like Guds has been playing a lot better when he's not with Jovo.

Bure1096 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
  #319
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
I've been thinking about the game all day, and I gotta say that I am very happy and proud of the the effort from this team. It was most definately a hard pill to swallow, with the bad officiating and the PS goal sitting on the goal line, but thinking about the entire game as a whole the team came back from a 2-0 deficit and played LITERALLY right down to the last second. I actually,for some crazy reason, feel like this loss will motivate the team and help them overcome the recent injury bug and continue to find ways to win hockey games. I think Weiss is going to think about the puck sitting on the goal line, and I think it's going to eat away at him, but in a good way, and I think it's going to help him be more aggressive in the next few games and score some goals. I hope to see a 2nd line of Kopecky-Matthias-Dadanov tomorrow night because I think it will be a strong line. Matthias is becoming a great 2nd line center and looks amazing out there and I think Dadanov and Matthias could possibly have some good chemistry out there. Both are fast, both has decent hands, and I can see them finding chemistry with Kopecky to give us a legit 2nd line.

Also,with the call-ups and injuries we have, I am also not worried. While I can't wait to have Goc,Bergy,and Upshall back in the lineup I know Dadanov can produce and I really did enjoy Thomas and Kennedy's energy last night. I think we're going to have some more energy from these three and I hope Repik can find the energy as well.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
  #320
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
Man... last night was just not our night.

I started watching at the end of the second period, literally just after Campbell scored. Loved his reaction to that goal.

Have to say - Phoenix was just all over us, and with our lineup depleted good on them for taking advantage. I had hoped when Smith went out that we'd just pepper LaBarbera with shots, but sadly that was not meant to be...

That final minute though - wow! Weiss' penalty shot (curse the snow in the crease!!!!), and the flurry right up until the last second.

Also will add my props to the crowd. Loudest I've ever heard the crowd on TV this year. Nicely done ladies and gents!!! You were there for our boys, and I honestly think it helps them to hear those chants late in the games.
Yeh, when they were on the powerplay...which was a good portion of the game. 5 on 5 we were clearly the better team. Every time we gathered momentum and hemmed them in, a penalty was called, it happened on at least 3 separate occasions.

Montsy14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.