HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This team no longer represents its fans

Old
12-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Kingbobert

vCash: 500
This team no longer represents its fans

This team is lifeless...they have no fire they have no passion they have no will to play. This team no longer represent the passionate crazy rowdy fans it has.

Teams of the past always had the same life on and off the ice that their fans had but now, we've burned ourselves out cheering with nothing in return. We're tired and are starting to lose interest.

Usually in times like this, you turn to your leaders to light a fire under the teams ass, but unfortunately, our captain is as boring and even tempered as the man that runs this team PG. The GM lies to us to keep us happy about things (markov situation) and has the personality of a grass blade.

This organization has become such a bore, so lifeless. How can a team thats legendary across all sports allow itself to be the complete opposite of what it has been throughout its existence?

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I dunno, we have pretty ****** fans. Maybe we have the team we deserve?

(not a shot at the OP, whom I respect, or anyone in particular, just my feeling that we as a fanbase vastly overrate ourselves)

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:59 PM
gusfring

There's at least 25 other franchises that would love to have the fans we do here...

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
This team is lifeless...they have no fire they have no passion they have no will to play. This team no longer represent the passionate crazy rowdy fans it has.

Teams of the past always had the same life on and off the ice that their fans had but now, we've burned ourselves out cheering with nothing in return. We're tired and are starting to lose interest.

Usually in times like this, you turn to your leaders to light a fire under the teams ass, but unfortunately, our captain is as boring and even tempered as the man that runs this team PG. The GM lies to us to keep us happy about things (markov situation) and has the personality of a grass blade.

This organization has become such a bore, so lifeless. How can a team thats legendary across all sports allow itself to be the complete opposite of what it has been throughout its existence?
Success brings complacency. And this organisation has been a resounding BUSINESS success from the time the Rocket saved the league from bankruptcy to this day. Now we also were a hockey success for most of that time.

But today, the organisation has no motivation to be any better than they are because no matter how good they are, they're not going to be able to fit more people in the Bell Center, opposite to that, no matter how bad they are, the tickets are sold!

So from a business level, you could put HC Carvena on the ice or clone the 70's team back to the ice, it doesn't make a difference. I'm surprised that they are spending to the cap, because even if we were penny pinchers like Carolina, the place would still be full.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Kingbobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I dunno, we have pretty ****** fans. Maybe we have the team we deserve?

(not a shot at the OP, whom I respect, or anyone in particular, just my feeling that we as a fanbase vastly overrate ourselves)
you're right we do have alot of bad fans, but the great fans far outweigh those

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
There's at least 25 other franchises that would love to have the fans we do here...
Exactly...we care about this team...we care too much sometimes...it ruins are day and the day after when we lose...we're connected to this team but the last few years, even when we made it to the ecf, i have not felt the same passion.

2008-09 was the last team that really resembled us

Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
25 owners, probably not 25 GMs.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Kingbobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Success brings complacency. And this organisation has been a resounding BUSINESS success from the time the Rocket saved the league from bankruptcy to this day. Now we also were a hockey success for most of that time.

But today, the organisation has no motivation to be any better than they are because no matter how good they are, they're not going to be able to fit more people in the Bell Center, opposite to that, no matter how bad they are, the tickets are sold!

So from a business level, you could put HC Carvena on the ice or clone the 70's team back to the ice, it doesn't make a difference. I'm surprised that they are spending to the cap, because even if we were penny pinchers like Carolina, the place would still be full.
while you're right, i think numbers are starting to fall in both viewership and attendance.

The owners got alot of money from tsn and cbc deals, but if people are not tuning in anymore, tsn and cbc will not want to pickup as many games...

Old
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Man, this ''represent fan'' idea has gone too far. Enough already.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
The coach speaks the same language I do. I feel represented.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:12 PM
MJN79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
25 owners, probably not 25 GMs.
Great post

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:15 PM
m00ks

What are you talking about? Gauthier fired Martin. This team now represents what the fans wanted.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:15 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I don't know, I never looked up to the Habs and tell myself "Damn, this team really represents me".

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I don't know, I never looked up to the Habs and tell myself "Damn, this team really represents me".
Not even when they had Ribeiro?

Old
12-21-2011, 11:22 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Not even when they had Ribeiro?
Continental Portugal doesn't look up to the Azores.

Never been but the islands are gorgeous.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post

The fans are waking up to the long running fraud that has been committed against them. Fewer eyes are on the TV sets. Demand for the tickets is softening. There isn't a stronger message to send to the owners to tell them that the old way of doing things is **** we will not eat.

The timing is good. A new ownership group is in place that is heavily involved in the operation of this team. The fans are cranky.

If the current situation doesn't produce the type of change needed to transform how this team goes about its business nothing will. I am betting on change.

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-22-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: censor filter
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Continental Portugal doesn't look up to the Azores.

Never been but the islands are gorgeous.
I don't know what this means.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Kingbobert

Quote:
I don't know what this means.
the azores and portugal might as well be canada and quebec...

Old
12-22-2011, 12:34 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Don't even try to tell me this guy doesn't care.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:35 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I want Saku.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:37 AM
sheed36

I'd rather say this team doesn't represent the logo on their chests..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

We overrate our players and so does the management. We end up with mediocre results or in best case scenarios we upset the opponents, but we're never considered legit contenders.

What happens if the red wings are trailing by two in the 3rd period?

Datsyuk and Zetterberg start **** up.

We don't have that in MTL.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
We overrate our players and so does the management. We end up with mediocre results or in best case scenarios we upset the opponents, but we're never considered legit contenders.

What happens if the red wings are trailing by two in the 3rd period?

Datsyuk and Zetterberg start **** up.

We don't have that in MTL.
this team this organization does not have passionate people-
very boring- probablysome of the most timid boring people in hockey
there is no fight - no flavour- no temper - no flash -
that's from gainey to gauthier to Martin to cunney and most of the players - and the few Who had some dash and bravado are losing that quality because of the management- ownership better right this and bring some passionate people into this Org

Small little wimpy Boring team!!

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:26 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I want Saku.
Seriously, say what you want, he might have whined a lot, he might have "been a cancer in the locker room", he might have been the reason Souray (and Ribeiro?) had to go... he's the only (talented) guy in the last 20 years who I REALLY felt would leave it all on the ice for the Habs, he would have died on the ice to win... Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Markov, Plekanec... of course they all have/had qualities, but they just don't care as much... Koivu was facing cameras day in and day out, even when playing with Brian "October" Savage and Martin Rucinsky as our 1st line, with Yannick Perreault as 2nd line C and Joe "6 goals/year" as 3rd liner...

I loved Koivu. No, he does not deserve his jersey to be retired. But he should have retired here. I want him back.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Kingbobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Seriously, say what you want, he might have whined a lot, he might have "been a cancer in the locker room", he might have been the reason Souray (and Ribeiro?) had to go... he's the only (talented) guy in the last 20 years who I REALLY felt would leave it all on the ice for the Habs, he would have died on the ice to win... Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Markov, Plekanec... of course they all have/had qualities, but they just don't care as much... Koivu was facing cameras day in and day out, even when playing with Brian "October" Savage and Martin Rucinsky as our 1st line, with Yannick Perreault as 2nd line C and Joe "6 goals/year" as 3rd liner...

I loved Koivu. No, he does not deserve his jersey to be retired. But he should have retired here. I want him back.
it's been different since he left
he left a void that noone has been able to fill.
This team lost its identity the day he left

Old
12-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
The coach speaks the same language I do. I feel represented.
If it's the only thing it take to make you happy.

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote