HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres Survivor Game Five WINNER!!!!

Old
12-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Vito_81

vCash: 500
Sabres Survivor Game Five WINNER!!!!

Game Five of Survivor came down to the wire in Round Seven.

3 contestants remained in the final round, 2 selected Derek Roy while the other decided on Drew Stafford. Unfortunately for the Sabres and the Survivor contestants both players were held off the score-sheet. So it's off to the tie-breakers we go.

As always our tie-breaker system is...

"If all remaining players in the Survivor Game are eliminated giving us no winner based on points. A series of tiebreakers will be used to determine the winner of that Survivor Game. The tiebreaker order is as follows: Most Shots on Goal. Best +/- rating. Most PIM.Most TOI."

Our first tie-breaker statistic is shots on goal, Stafford recorded only one shot while Roy had two. Usually, that would have decided the game. However, we have two contestants that selected Roy.

In order to decide the winner of this game I had to use the players selected for last game @ Pittsburgh and use the tie-breakers based off of the stats from the Ottawa game.

The players selected were Pominville and Stafford. As previously mentioned, Stafford recorded one shot. Jason Pominville had himself two.

Therefore, thanks to two shots a piece for Derek Roy and Jason Pominville,the winner of Sabres Survivor Game Five is...

Matty K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Enjoy the win for a few days, as Game Six begins Thursday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs!

2 Eliminations @ OTT:

1 Elimination based on tie-breaker 1:
LaxSabre-(LEINO,POMINVILLE,VANEK,ROY,VANEK,POMINVILLE)STAFF ORD

1 Elimination based on tie-breaker 2:
omglolnub-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,VANEK,POMINVILLE,ROY,STAFFORD)RO Y

Season 5:2011-2012 Sabres Survivor Winners:
Game One:Sabreality-(LEINO,STAFFORD,MYERS,EHRHOFF,VANEK,POMINVILLE)
Game Two:BigZackKassian-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,ADAM,POMINVILLE,STAFFORD,ROY)
Game Three:OpethianSabre20-(ROY,EHRHOFF,POMINVILLE,VANEK,STAFFORD,VANEK,POMIN VILLE,ROY)
Game Four: sabresfan3383-(KASSIAN,VANEK,POMINVILLE,EHRHOFF)
Game Five: Matty K-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,VANEK,STAFFORD,ROY,POMINVILLE,RO Y)

Last edited by Vito_81: 12-21-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:53 AM
omglolnub

If I can make a non-bitter suggestion for tie breakers, I think it'd be cool if there was a tiebreaker for the different players based on goals vs. assists. Since an assist counts as advancement, I think goals should have greater weight (especially in recent games ) and should be a tie breaker.

Example: forum player "A" selected players who scored more goals during the rounds. Forum player "B" still advances by picking Gragnani getting meaningless secondary PP assists, but loses a tiebreaker to "A" cause "A" picked players who scored more goals.

I haven't looked if this would've helped me, persay. Not a sore loser at all. I originally thought the game was based on who scored goals. Didn't hit me for awhile that it was just a point to advance

Anyway, just a suggestion. Dunno if it's been mentioned before or this opens old flame wars on here, so sorry in advance and I got my fireproof jacket on.

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Wouldn't comparing Pommer/Stafford in the 2nd tiebreak on points v Ottawa come before shots? Not that it changes the outcome, but seems more logical.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
If I can make a non-bitter suggestion for tie breakers, I think it'd be cool if there was a tiebreaker for the different players based on goals vs. assists. Since an assist counts as advancement, I think goals should have greater weight (especially in recent games ) and should be a tie breaker.

Example: forum player "A" selected players who scored more goals during the rounds. Forum player "B" still advances by picking Gragnani getting meaningless secondary PP assists, but loses a tiebreaker to "A" cause "A" picked players who scored more goals.

I haven't looked if this would've helped me, persay. Not a sore loser at all. I originally thought the game was based on who scored goals. Didn't hit me for awhile that it was just a point to advance

Anyway, just a suggestion. Dunno if it's been mentioned before or this opens old flame wars on here, so sorry in advance and I got my fireproof jacket on.
That is a interesting idea. I like it personally. Basing the first tie-breaker on something like total points accumulated by the players contestant A selected v contestant B's. Or even the one that you mentioned, total goals.

I wonder how many people would be for this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Wouldn't comparing Pommer/Stafford in the 2nd tiebreak on points v Ottawa come before shots? Not that it changes the outcome, but seems more logical.
Very good point. Didn't even cross my mind. Luckily, as you mentioned, the outcome remains the same.

This game is even too complicated for me at times

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
Game Five of Survivor came down to the wire in Round Seven.

3 contestants remained in the final round, 2 selected Derek Roy while the other decided on Drew Stafford. Unfortunately for the Sabres and the Survivor contestants both players were held off the score-sheet. So it's off to the tie-breakers we go.

As always our tie-breaker system is...

"If all remaining players in the Survivor Game are eliminated giving us no winner based on points. A series of tiebreakers will be used to determine the winner of that Survivor Game. The tiebreaker order is as follows: Most Shots on Goal. Best +/- rating. Most PIM.Most TOI."

Our first tie-breaker statistic is shots on goal, Stafford recorded only one shot while Roy had two. Usually, that would have decided the game. However, we have two contestants that selected Roy.

In order to decide the winner of this game I had to use the players selected for last game @ Pittsburgh and use the tie-breakers based off of the stats from the Ottawa game.

The players selected were Pominville and Stafford. As previously mentioned, Stafford recorded one shot. Jason Pominville had himself two.

Therefore, thanks to two shots a piece for Derek Roy and Jason Pominville,the winner of Sabres Survivor Game Five is...

Matty K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Enjoy the win for a few days, as Game Six begins Thursday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs!

2 Eliminations @ OTT:

1 Elimination based on tie-breaker 1:
LaxSabre-(LEINO,POMINVILLE,VANEK,ROY,VANEK,POMINVILLE)STAFF ORD

1 Elimination based on tie-breaker 2:
omglolnub-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,VANEK,POMINVILLE,ROY,STAFFORD)RO Y

Season 5:2011-2012 Sabres Survivor Winners:
Game One:Sabreality-(LEINO,STAFFORD,MYERS,EHRHOFF,VANEK,POMINVILLE)
Game Two:BigZackKassian-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,ADAM,POMINVILLE,STAFFORD,ROY)
Game Three:OpethianSabre20-(ROY,EHRHOFF,POMINVILLE,VANEK,STAFFORD,VANEK,POMIN VILLE,ROY)
Game Four: sabresfan3383-(KASSIAN,VANEK,POMINVILLE,EHRHOFF)
Game Five: Matty K-(VANEK,POMINVILLE,VANEK,STAFFORD,ROY,POMINVILLE,RO Y)
Thanks dude.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:20 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
That is a interesting idea. I like it personally. Basing the first tie-breaker on something like total points accumulated by the players contestant A selected v contestant B's. Or even the one that you mentioned, total goals.

I wonder how many people would be for this change.
I'd be down for total points accumulated for the contestant's pick as a tie breaker, or goals, like I said. It feels more fair for people that picked players that performed better to win tie breakers. Then again, this was my first time playing the game, so I dunno how often tie breakers are needed

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote