HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

C'mon, admit you like that Chelsea Dagger song - Habs lose to Hawks 5-1

Old
12-21-2011, 10:57 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Just become sellers so we can make the best of this situation

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:59 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
If I remember correctly, Selanne also hate Gauthier because of the way he learned he was traded back when Gauthier was the Ducks' GM.

I don't think Pierre likes to fire/trade someone, so he pretty much suck at it.
Pierre was groomed in that whole Disney corporate ********. Eisner was a failure and the reason why disney is relevant today is because of pixar and them firing Eisner.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Just got off the phone with MathMan, he is not finished crunching the numbers but it appears to be that we are really snake bitten with more bad luck again.
Maybe he's waiting for the Ascension that was foretold of once Jacques Martin was fired?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Maybe he's waiting for the Ascension that was foretold of once Jacques Martin was fired?
No kidding.

The Habs' microstats have gone to pot ever since Gomez left with an injury. They nonetheless maintained a 99-point pace between the Pearn and Martin firings, which is more than what most people were envisioning that a healthy Habs roster would do. A lot of that was Martin juggling his shorthanded team for all he was worth.

Then Martin was fired, Cunneyworth was put in place, and everything got even worse. Microstats, record, personnel management, everything.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
I do but I have to translate it into French before I can post it.
I would laugh but I'm too angry.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:08 PM
NotProkofievian

Instead of watching this abortion on ice, I went down the rink and had it all to myself for about an hour. Good times.

I could see myself playing shinny until drafting Grigorenko's a certainty.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Instead of watching this abortion on ice, I went down the rink and had it all to myself for about an hour. Good times.

I could see myself playing shinny until drafting Grigorenko's a certainty.
Never seen it put that way before..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:30 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Never seen it put that way before..
It's a pretty accurate, if not literal description of the situation. Just...unpleasant.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:31 PM
MasterD

I'm so surprised by this year... we were all very excited with our roster this summer. Yes, we got lots of injuries, and yes we played 4 rookie dmen at once for a couple weeks... but come on, the players CLEARLY don't care out there right now. Kaberle is not a bad player, he's just a bit overpaid... same with Campoli, who was signed as a stop gap.

How do we manage to suck so bad?

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Beakermania*

Remember when Jacques Martin's coaching and Scott Gomez's crappy play were the two biggest problems on the Habs?

Well fans... careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:39 PM
sheed36

I can't help but feel bad for RC.. First he's thrown into a no win situation and second he as a team that doesn't seem to give a crap.. Poor guy must be thinking what did I do to deserve this..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:51 PM
shawdowmaker

PK is struggling on the Ice. I believe its mental fatigue mixed with a little bad luck. The youngster is playing major minutes vs the best players in the world night in and night out; as a coach I would sit him out a couple of games but that won’t change anything come to think about it! I don t remember seeing a Habs player showing real emotion in recent games…I mean drop the gloves or take a risk to score a goal…JM really did a job on these guys lmao btw if you can’t score you can’t win, Desharnais our main center we're in trouble

Last edited by shawdowmaker: 12-22-2011 at 12:08 AM.
shawdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Beakermania*

The new Breakout that Cunneyworth installed before the Jersey game worked in the first 2 periods of that game but just gets worse and worse as teams get film of the changes Cunneyworth made.

He's allowed the fowards to skate further up the ice than Martin ever did.

Having the two forwards fly out of the zone as soon as the first forward gets the puck, isn't working.

We don't headman the puck quick enough, and the forwards reach the blueline where they are forced to stop to avoid the offside.

Then when the pass finally comes, they aren't moving their feet and we can't gain the zone.

It makes it look like the team isn't moving their feet and their is no effort to the untrained eye... but what is really happening is that the system is forcing us to stand still at the opponents blueline and killing any speed we do have.

The Hawks were just stick checking us at the line all night.

PATHETIC

Short quick passes work 100x better than these low percentage plays.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:58 PM
shawdowmaker

Kaberle, wow all this money for a guy to pass the puck on the PP nothing else. I would much rather see N Beaulieu playing with PK making mistake.

shawdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:13 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Remember when Jacques Martin's coaching and Scott Gomez's crappy play were the two biggest problems on the Habs?

Well fans... careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
lol

some people will always find something to whine about. fix that, and they'll find something else to whine about. fan:

i feel smug to be the only one of three people to have predicted the habs would be doing even worst without martin.

sooooo smug....

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Can't wait until this season is over. I'm expecting a busy and entertaining off season at least.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:25 AM
King Kovalev

Firesale? Nobody is going to take on those contracts we have some of the most overpaid players in the league and probably the worst contract of all time on our hands. What you see is what youll get for the next couple years you better believe it.

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:25 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He signed one of the best defensemen in the league, would you have rather he let Markov walk away? How would that have helped us exactly?

I would rather he fire a coach than grin and bear the ****** play.

PG built this team? LMAO, gainey built this **** and bailed at the last second. PG has been doing the best he can with that mess he was given.

You should be thanking the stars because if gainey was still here he would have traded Gallagher, Bournival and our 2nd round pick for Komisarek.

Normally I agree with you but on this one I dont.

Gauthier had plenty opportunities to improve this team during the offseason. All he did was add Cole. Sure, he added some soft DMen which is exactly what we do not need on this team.

Picture this. The Hawks score their second goal and we are now one down. Put the Rupp, Moen and Eager line on the ice with the instruction to create some havoc and some energy. Rupp takes on Scott and its a close bout. Next time that line is on the ice, Moen fights Jamal Mayers and takes him down. Shane O'Brien flattens Hossa twice in the game. Emelin plows Kane.

The Habs feed off of that energy and play an inspired rest of the game instead of the lifeless show that they put on.

Rupp was available for cheap. So was Eager and O'Brien. Those three players could have changed the entire dynamic of this season. Instead, we are soft and apathetic.

Shame.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:49 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
Well now you're just being silly.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Just become sellers so we can make the best of this situation
The problem is it's our young players playing well. I'd rather keep the vets here so we continue to free fall Then Grigorenko will be ours!

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Gauthier had plenty opportunities to improve this team during the offseason. All he did was add Cole. Sure, he added some soft DMen which is exactly what we do not need on this team.

Picture this. The Hawks score their second goal and we are now one down. Put the Rupp, Moen and Eager line on the ice with the instruction to create some havoc and some energy. Rupp takes on Scott and its a close bout. Next time that line is on the ice, Moen fights Jamal Mayers and takes him down. Shane O'Brien flattens Hossa twice in the game. Emelin plows Kane.

The Habs feed off of that energy and play an inspired rest of the game instead of the lifeless show that they put on.

Rupp was available for cheap. So was Eager and O'Brien. Those three players could have changed the entire dynamic of this season. Instead, we are soft and apathetic.

Shame.
Can Rupp play defense or finish chances for Cammalleri or Pacioretty?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Cookie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Holy crap have you heard that?

Michel Langevin on TV saying that JM's firing basically went as follows.

JM was called to the training center at 7AM, he clocked in at 6.

At 7AM Gauthier arrived, looked JM in the eye and said "You're fired". Turned around and left!!!! Nothing else was said.

PG is an *******. JM sucked, but that is NOT a way to fire someone.

If it is true.
I doubt there is any truth to this. the only people that knows what happen is PG and Jacques. And as much as I hated JM as our head coach, he always respected the privacy of the team and what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room, even if he was just fired (hes been in the business for 30 years, and been fired before).

I'm pretty sure JM will not hold a press conference to talk to media regarding his firing like Guy Carbo did. He just gonna quietly ride off the the sunset. Tho, i'm not sure if JM would even be pissed, maybe he's more relieved. This team under RC is atrocious, 5 goals against NJ, 3 goals against Bos, 5 goals against CHI. He prob had enough of telling Cammy, Gomez and those losers to play his system so they have a chance to win.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:27 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Shame.
Oh yeah I bet Kane and Toews would be just salivating at seeing that line. If you think a line of goons is what this team is lacking you are not getting it. We can't score. Punching a thousand babies will not change that!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:29 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Oh yeah I bet Kane and Toews would be just salivating at seeing that line. If you think a line of goons is what this team is lacking you are not getting it. We can't score. Punching a thousand babies will not change that!
While I'll agree that we need to score more goals,

Moen-Eager-Rupp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[..]>>> Darche-Nokelainen-Weber

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
While I'll agree that we need to score more goals,

Moen-Eager-Rupp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[..]>>> Darche-Nokelainen-Weber
That is true, too bad it is our 1st line that is the problem, not the 4th. If our team was being beaten into submission every night I would agree but they aren't. Teams are just skating around us and we aren't finishing anything.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote