HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Facebook Group: Boycott the Habs to bring change!

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Firthbird

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Facebook Group: Boycott the Habs to bring change!

Hey,

Check out the Facebook group I've started.

The purpose of boycotting the Habs (sadly)is that if enough people do it, Molson will have to react and bring about positive change to this organization!

Check it out, join, and please send it to your friends. Let's make this Viral!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/308575635842438/

Old
12-22-2011, 03:24 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Get some sleep..

Old
12-22-2011, 04:04 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

what's facebook ?

Old
12-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Jimmym007

This is stupid. Like if he isn't trying to bring positivity. The whole forum were begging for Martin's departure, and now that he's gone and we haven't won straight away people still aren't happy. Sit back, enjoy the fall, retool in the offseason and draft smart and playoffs in reach next season. It's too early to say we're not going to make to post season anyway, we're 35 games in... A bit more than a third done but east is pretty close, we're still in reach.

Old
12-22-2011, 05:05 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Sit back in your chair and reflect. Now take a deep breath and ask yourself. Does this look foolish ? If it does press delete. If it doesn't.....

Old
12-22-2011, 05:05 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmym007 View Post
This is stupid. Like if he isn't trying to bring positivity. The whole forum were begging for Martin's departure, and now that he's gone and we haven't won straight away people still aren't happy. Sit back, enjoy the fall, retool in the offseason and draft smart and playoffs in reach next season. It's too early to say we're not going to make to post season anyway, we're 35 games in... A bit more than a third done but east is pretty close, we're still in reach.
of course they arent, 99% thought the blame should be 100% (almost on JM), they pretty much ALL wanted him fired...

now that they got what they wished for, they're realizing it's worst... well you know...

Old
12-22-2011, 06:03 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Would never work.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheer for your team.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird View Post
Hey,

Check out the Facebook group I've started.

The purpose of boycotting the Habs (sadly)is that if enough people do it, Molson will have to react and bring about positive change to this organization!

Check it out, join, and please send it to your friends. Let's make this Viral!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/308575635842438/
You need to find a better hobby. Change is all we have seen all year...Pearn fired...Kaberle acquired...Martin fired...we need a few verans to get their act together.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
SeriousHabs

I have been boycotting the Habs this season. Time gets more valuable as you become older and get more responsabilities. Spare time is rare and must be used intelligently. I asked myself a simple question: ''Do I enjoy watching this edition of the Habs?''. The answer was no. It is that simple. I now use that time to play Skyrim. I am happier and I don't waste 3 hours watching a bunch of terrible players flicking the puck off the boards for 60 minutes. The players are also quite embarassing to watch. The constant whining to the refs reminds me of the Italian soccer team, minus the success.

Looking at capgeek.com, I feel like this situation will last until the start of the 2014-2015 situation. Roughly half of the cap space is committed to subpar, uninteresting players. And it will get worst once Subban gets 5-6M$. For what? Faking slap shots from the point? Slowing down before going in the corners? Imitating Scott Gomez in the neutral zone? Speaking of #11, if Gomez plays a single game next season, I am changing teams. It will be the final proof that Molson is in solely for the money and has no desire to see this team win.

I will gain faith in this team if Gauthier hangs on to his picks and accepts the inevitable.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Habbadasher

I am also older than more than 90% here, and definitely watch less than I used too.

But organizing a boycott? Let's trade our next five first rounders and trade for Lecavalier! Yeah, that is positive change!

Old
12-22-2011, 07:01 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I have been boycotting the Habs this season. Time gets more valuable as you become older and get more responsabilities. Spare time is rare and must be used intelligently. I asked myself a simple question: ''Do I enjoy watching this edition of the Habs?''. The answer was no. It is that simple. I now use that time to play Skyrim. I am happier and I don't waste 3 hours watching a bunch of terrible players flicking the puck off the boards for 60 minutes. The players are also quite embarassing to watch. The constant whining to the refs reminds me of the Italian soccer team, minus the success.

Looking at capgeek.com, I feel like this situation will last until the start of the 2014-2015 situation. Roughly half of the cap space is committed to subpar, uninteresting players. And it will get worst once Subban gets 5-6M$. For what? Faking slap shots from the point? Slowing down before going in the corners? Imitating Scott Gomez in the neutral zone? Speaking of #11, if Gomez plays a single game next season, I am changing teams. It will be the final proof that Molson is in solely for the money and has no desire to see this team win.

I will gain faith in this team if Gauthier hangs on to his picks and accepts the inevitable.
Great Post , I've been doing the same since the big summer when Gainey signed all those players.I knew it was coming and it's worrying that Gainey , a supposely respected GM , didn't see that one.It was so obvious this was not a good core.

Old
12-22-2011, 08:20 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Facebook page to boycott a hockey team?

Wow, some people have a sad life

There are far more important causes that justify the creation of a Facebook page

Old
12-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Teufelsdreck

The idea of a boycott is impulsive and childish when change is bound to occur without it. Any fan who doesn't renew his subscription would regret it. Other Hab fans would gladly buy tickets they couldn't get previously. Not only that, but we'd see more fans of visiting teams filling seats.

Old
12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
llamateizer

Will they give me some tickets?

Old
12-22-2011, 08:35 AM
MJN79

I am sure that page will have 75% of people that can't even name 6 of our players, these are not the real fans.
Change in now inevitable anyways so wait like the rest of us.

Old
12-22-2011, 08:35 AM
1UP

Yesterday was one of the first time in memory that the Habs game was on my TV but I wasn't watching it. I was only slightly interrested.

I don't really need an official boycott. The team is phasing me out by itself. It scares me.

Old
12-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Aurel Joliat

Are you mouvement Quebec francais
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...ca-115564.html

Wow, what a joke. Again.

To all those who will go to this game, bring a Canada flag !! haha

Old
12-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Dave Stubbs @habsinsideout1
Bell Centre language "rally" Jan 7 will dissolve into chants of "On veut Kovalev!"
hilarious!

Old
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Cheer for your team.
This.

... in good times and in bad. This team is much better than it is currently playing. The dam will burst and we'll be in a playoff run. Will The Facebook likers of the OPs page be on board? You bet they will. We have got to have the biggest Mitt "Flip-Flop" Romney fanbase of any team.

Old
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Are you mouvement Quebec francais
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...ca-115564.html

Wow, what a joke. Again.

To all those who will go to this game, bring a Canada flag !! haha
What a sad joke this franchise is becoming

Old
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I think major change is coming regardless of a boycott. Molson's not smiling in his office right now.

Old
12-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

My boycott, which was started quite a while ago and was not done out of anger or to pass a message, implies no longer paying for tickets (if I get them free I'll still go if there's nothing else on TV ) and listening to other more interesting games when I have a craving for good exciting hockey (like the Vancouver-Detroit game last night, man that was nice).

I don't go crazy over a mediocre product, I just consume less of it. I choose not to let a sport affect my life and mood. I haven't always been like this to be honest, there was a time, a few years ago, when a hearthbraking loss could ruin my evening, but I slowly drifted away from that as I got older. Don't know if I'm the only one here in this situation or even if that makes me a bad fan, it's just the way it is.

I still like the Habs and will always cheer for them, but we've been presented evidence throughout the years that pro sports are run like a business and therefore I don't see why as a result I shouldn't react like a customer and evaluate the return on time/money I invest in their product. If they provide quality, they can have my money. Simple as that.

Old
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The idea of a boycott is impulsive and childish when change is bound to occur without it. Any fan who doesn't renew his subscription would regret it. Other Hab fans would gladly buy tickets they couldn't get previously. Not only that, but we'd see more fans of visiting teams filling seats.
In my case, it isn't even a boycott. It is merely a prioritization of my time. Watching the Habs simply no longer tops the list. I used to plan my schedule around the games, but now such an idea is laughable.

I am an optimist tho. If PG can control himself and not waste picks on old vets and move one or two contracts at the deadline, I think the team will be in decent shape for the years to come. Our young players can't be compared to those of the Oilers, but looking at Plekanec and his younger teamates, I think there is something to work with. I believe that Timmins is truly one of the best of his profession (yes, no jokes!) and if he is allowed to play with top10 picks he will make great decisions.

The vets are killing this team (save for Cole, I guess Plek too). Nearly 20M$ of cap is committed to one of the most worthless trios in the league: Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri. Use just half of that amount to get any decent player and this team is back on tracks.

Until then, Skyrim.

Old
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Andy

lol and people say that Montreal fans will be able to bear a rebuild. You guys can't even bear 36 games of .500 hockey, imagine 2-3 years at the bottom lmao.

Closed Thread